Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A common sense approach to CFB playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 559

A common sense approach to CFB playoff

Dec 8, 2014, 10:20 AM

1. Scratch all OOC games ... every team only plays conference games ... no more creampuffs ...
2. Each conference determines its representative to the playoff based on preset criteria.
3. 8 team playoff ... Champ from Big 5 conf + 3 at large ... no more than 2 teams per conf.

4. no Scar game is not guaranteed every year in this system, but this scenario would make SCAR/Clemson a viable option for bowl matchup ... bowls would drool over getting a rivalry games like this.

This eliminates "perception" of strength of conference

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A common sense approach to CFB playoff

Dec 8, 2014, 10:22 AM

Just a stupid idea, Rivalry games are what makes college football awesome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 10:25 AM

Maybe I was a little harsh, your playoff idea is good though. Win your conference and your in. So, this year with all the arguement about TCU/Baylor/Ohio St, they would all get in under this scenario.

Not playing chickens is NOT common sense!

Dec 8, 2014, 11:22 AM

and playing ONLY conference games is NOT common sense. So we never play UGa either?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 11:27 AM

I don't mind the 4 team playoff, I just wish they would rank them without looking at the name of the schools, but just the resume of what they've done that season. W/L's, Quality wins, bad losses, strength of schedule...whatever they need to look at it without looking at the name of the school. Take the top 6-8 teams how they are ranked and throw all of their resumes on the table without the school name and pick 4. Seeing how TCU dropped from 3rd to 6th in the final week after beating a team by 52, there is almost no point to have CFB Playoff Rankings until the final week.

This STILL goes back to "ranking". There in lies the bias.***

Dec 8, 2014, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 559
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic