Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A coaching change won't solve the problems with the baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

May 31, 2014, 7:38 PM

team. Until the negativity from our fans toward the baseball team ends, the team will continue to struggle. And the negativity from our fans only stems from the back to back titles the coots won. No team in the history of college baseball has had to play with this much negativity from their own fans. We have fans attacking players. It's one thing to place blame on the coach, but it's down right pathetic to attack a college kid.

It's my theory that the major reason for the downturn over the past few years stems from fan negativity. The negativity has greatly affected our players. Our players have even mentioned this negativity. Our baseball fans have be completely delusional. They think being over negative can create good change like in football. Sorry, but college baseball doesn't work that way. College baseball players aren't the big men on campus like football and basketball players. So they basically never have to deal with pressure or negativity.

Coaching change or not, our players lack confidence right now because our fan base has turned their backs on the players instead of supporting them. So instead of whining on the internet like a baby, go to the games and get behind the team. That means cheering them on, not sitting their silently.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coots success comes from 10 yrs of under achieving &

May 31, 2014, 7:43 PM

getting out coached

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A coaching change won't solve the problems with the baseball

May 31, 2014, 7:47 PM

That is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Clemson baseball has had some of the best fan support of any team in the country over the years. Just go look at attendance numbers for the NCAA teams. Every program has fans who are not satisfied, and that's what drives programs to be the best they can. Jack Leggett is not getting it done for one reason...he is a poor fundamentals baseball coach. Just look at the baserunning blunders game in and game out, the fielding errors, the inability to move runners, throwing balls down the middle with an 0-2 count, etc, etc. The program deserves better... PERIOD!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2014, 7:47 PM

This team and its' immediate predecessors has not given the fans much to get excited about TigerKing'79. Were you
in Nashville for our "no-show" appearances this weekend? How about on Friday, 5/23m when the GT bullpen shut the CU Tigers out?
This team was afraid to succeed it appeared to me when watching them on TV vs FSU, Miami and-in person, @ACC in Greensboro. If you think it is the fans and no major changes are made---wait until the 2015 season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

blaming it on the fans is a win win for these guys

May 31, 2014, 7:52 PM

They have set their argument so that if you disagree with them then you are the cause of said failure. Perpetual motion...I wonder how these programs like Xavier do with NO support. CU baseball is one of the most supported baseball programs in the country.

Only people who dont know how to field a routine infield ground ball would blame the fans for this teams failures.

Tk79, how many games have you been to?***

May 31, 2014, 7:50 PM

Wrong!!***

May 31, 2014, 7:51 PM

May 31, 2014, 7:52 PM

Have you watched much Clemson baseball the last few years? Have you ever seen worse fielding or base running? Is this lack of fundamentals the fault of the fans? Please respond,op.

Negative remarks

May 31, 2014, 7:59 PM

are always the answer..... for fans who know way to much for their own good. NO school in America has negative talk and feelings about "their" team like the many so-called Clemson fans. I will never understand it so I quit trying.

LOL***

May 31, 2014, 8:00 PM

You lost me ... I thought Jack's arrogance was bad enough.

May 31, 2014, 8:02 PM

But, you just took it another step further.

This is the most ludicrous post this week!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: You lost me ... I thought Jack's arrogance was bad enough.

May 31, 2014, 9:04 PM

Unfortunately I am repeating what I have heard staff members in the AD say! That's the sad part. Not as ridiculous as you say.

May 31, 2014, 9:05 PM

lol that is bull ####.

Only a Liberal would blame the fans and not the ones making the decisions.

One Championship in 20 years is not fans fault.

null

I'm lost

May 31, 2014, 9:09 PM

every time I post that we as fans help the Tigers win I get reminded and TD that we do not help
now someone post the reason we lost is because of us fans.
Must have been posted by a Politician, their the only ones I know whom flip flop to address the needs of their views

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm lost

May 31, 2014, 9:13 PM

That's the ticket. It's all the fans' fault that the team can't hit, pitch or play defense.

Re: I'm lost

May 31, 2014, 9:35 PM [ in reply to I'm lost ]

Do political posters use that poor grammar? You did go to school, right?

May 31, 2014, 9:13 PM

This would make sense if there was any way to know the level of our "negativity" relative to other fanbases.

How many of you visit Oregon and Xavier's baseball message boards? Do they even have baseball message boards? How do we know this negativity is unique to Clemson?

Lol. It's pretty arrogant to think that fans have that much power.

So we are in the top 10 in attendance

May 31, 2014, 9:17 PM

the past few years, but everyone is there complaining?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: So we are in the top 10 in attendance

May 31, 2014, 9:21 PM

Liberals don't like facts

null

May 31, 2014, 9:31 PM

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

Jack has less of a chance to return than these three at their lowest point:

A) Larry Shyatt
B) Tommy Bowden
C) Ituro Coleman

The fan base is beyond frustrated. Our proud baseball program deserves better leadership !

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic