Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not a good look for saban.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Not a good look for saban.

Apr 7, 2019, 3:20 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rharr_15/status/1114882905183006721

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some context here

Apr 7, 2019, 3:21 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26458754/saban-players-lose-entering-nfl-draft-early

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some context here

Apr 7, 2019, 3:29 PM

Funny how Saban says he’s now changed and focuses on preparing players for life after football. Do they call it Elephant Journey or what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 7, 2019, 3:33 PM

>Funny how Saban says he’s now changed and focuses on preparing players for life after football. Do they call it Elephant Journey or what?

They call it "Pachaderm Pilgrimage" ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Some context here ]

Next they will say:
The best is yet to be here.
Everyone-In
Bring Your Own Heart

Hard to argue with anything Saban said. Didn't sound

Apr 8, 2019, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Some context here ]

butt-hurt whatsoever.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 6:52 AM [ in reply to Some context here ]

As much as i hate to admit it......I agree with Saban on this one in terms of being more prepared for the NFL; however I cant believe he’s really inside the homes of recruits with the “life after football” message. Dabo wanna be.

Keep my name outchyo mouff!***

Apr 7, 2019, 3:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ridiculous

Apr 7, 2019, 3:42 PM

I'm wasn't the smartest kid in math class, but even I understood Saban's point. The average 1st rounder gets a $15M contract ($35M for 1st down to $10M for last). The average 3rd rounder gets a $4M contract.

So purely from a 'how much NFL money do I want' perspective, would you take 3rd round money today or 1st round money 12 months later? The 2nd contract won't happen until you're going into your 5th year in the league. In general, the 3rd round guy Saban mentioned, lost $11M on his initial contract by leaving school early.

Yet we have people actually getting offended by Saban stating what is obvious to anyone that can count.

The only reason a kid should leave early is for 1st round money. The contract amounts are public knowledge, so any kid can see what they'll make based on where they are drafted. Saban may as well have said "The sky is blue and water is wet" because it's obvious.

Coming back doesn't always improve your draft stock

Apr 7, 2019, 3:49 PM

That's a big assumption to make. 3rd-rounders don't automatically become 1st-rounders by playing another year, not to mention they increase their risk of suffering a career-ending injury before even making it to the NFL.

not always, but usually***

Apr 7, 2019, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not always, but usually***

Apr 7, 2019, 4:09 PM

A kid's family might not can afford to wait a year. It might be better for them to take the money now

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"***

Apr 7, 2019, 4:21 PM

Re: "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"***

Apr 7, 2019, 5:14 PM

A coot on the grill is a good reason to not eat at that restaurant.

Re: Coming back doesn't always improve your draft stock

Apr 7, 2019, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Coming back doesn't always improve your draft stock ]

You’re correct, but coming back and finishing out their degree makes it better for them in the long run.

I don't know how it is at Bama, but at Clemson

Apr 7, 2019, 4:22 PM

players can come back any time and finish their studies.

I disagree on this

Apr 7, 2019, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Coming back doesn't always improve your draft stock ]

While I absolute love that most Clemson players get their degree before they leave and many others come back to finish, I don’t see it as a reason for everyone to stay an extra year and hopefully improve their draft stock.

I am a middle aged white guy that grew up in a divorced but middle class home. I didn’t go to Clemson on athletic scholarship so my choices were different. But if I were able to go pro right now and get millions of dollars or take a chance and come back to maybe improve a little I would go. I understand that many players won’t wver be afforded the opportunity to make a few million.

Heck, most top 3 round guys will make more in their first year than The majority of us will make in a career.

Re: Ridiculous

Apr 7, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Ridiculous ]

It doesn't look to me like Harrison is bitter about 3rd round money. Is it more beneficial having more money than most of us could spend for an extra year of your life or having 11 million more but for a year less of time? Believe it or not, there are a lot of people out there that would choose to have there life changed sooner.

Tell that to Lattimore... ASSumptions...***

Apr 7, 2019, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Ridiculous ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a good look for saban.

Apr 7, 2019, 5:23 PM

I don't care what you majored in, if a top company in your industry came to you as a Jr in college and said, we would like to give you a 4 mil contract. How many of us would have told them, nope gotta get my degree 1st.

That's why I have so much respect for our DL that decided to come back last year.

Apr 7, 2019, 8:19 PM

Plus the player is being paid for the year and it is one less he has to wait until the second contract. I don't fault any player for leaving. They can always get their degrees in the off season if they want.

Nicki Satan has DB problems... blames it on Harrison...

Apr 7, 2019, 9:51 PM

Pure elitist arrogance on display. What a pathetic little b!tch....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 10:51 PM

The average person in this world has no idea how to handle their life financially. No idea. So add to that a young individual that , especially, has no experience making financial decisions and you have a disaster waiting. There is a good chance, that for the majority, there is more money, more security and a better life in general, if you finish your degree and get drafted later. I agree 100% with what he says, Dabo would too.

It was poor form to call a former player out like that

Apr 7, 2019, 11:22 PM

In any case, does anyone really think Saban cares about these guys near as much as he cares about the holes in his depth chart?

Apr 8, 2019, 6:40 AM

Once Tua and those receivers leave he’s done and he knows it. That’s why he’s criticizing players for leaving early all of a sudden.

Apr 8, 2019, 6:54 AM

If you're poor enough, and someone tells you that you're gonna make several million over the next 2-3 years, there's no way I would delay that decision. After you get several million, the extra millions are not all that valuable. I was extremely poor in my youth, so I have a different viewpoint than others might have.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic