Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No pressure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,225

No pressure

Dec 7, 2019, 9:54 PM

On perkins

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No pressure

Dec 7, 2019, 9:55 PM

You are correct. No pass rush at all. gotta send more people and take our chances with the coverage. Folks dropping into zone and covering grass aren't helping.

Re: No pressure

Dec 7, 2019, 9:55 PM

Pass rush is irrelevant at this point because Perkins is getting the ball out quick by design.

Idiotic is sending a corner blitz knowing this and leaving the WR wide open in space with Muse.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

A better plan would be

Dec 7, 2019, 10:02 PM

To blitz muse. And let Isaiah and nolan cover

Re: A better plan would be

Dec 7, 2019, 10:03 PM

I agree! Blitz muse like a cannonball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Only concern watching tonight was pressure

Dec 7, 2019, 11:46 PM

Or rather lack of pressure. I watched some of the LSU/Georgia game and Burrow is excellent if you just let him sit there. He is excellent evading pressure too; but pressure at least gives your secondary time to recover if they get beat.
Very concerning to me!

**With KJ being a 5 star. XT being a 5 star. Mascol and Rudolph being 4 star guys. Foster being a 4 star(albeit at LB). It's hard to fathom the lack of production from our ends! I hope Mascol is okay; he took a nasty incidental lick trying to make a sack. Remember all the talk being on DT?

**Also concerned with Muse coverage ability playing an LSU and a pro coach who is use to game planning to weaknesses!

In BV I trust though! Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many Sacks? TFL?

Dec 8, 2019, 11:23 AM

We have lead the nation in TFL's a few times under coach V. Are we even close this year? What about sacks?

DE's will have to do some soul searching between now and the playoffs! Every player "typically" feels they are all the stars they were rated. And, worth all and more of the praise they received as recruits. Our DE group will need to show up and live up to the star rating if we get paired up against LSU. They will need to grow up quick in the next 20 days.

For LSU Game. Wouldn't surprise me if

Dec 8, 2019, 11:43 AM

I ride with whatever we go with. But, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a similar game plan against LSU as we did against Bama in the final. Concede the run and make passing a beast by dropping everyone. If they are patient enough they will move it. We would just have to score at a high rate.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Muse put in at LB to replace Smith or Skalski(just for this game). Muse is a fast guy who is good in coverage as long as it's not against a guy who is too twitchy. His size/speed would be valuable for some of the underneath stuff LSU likes. I am thinking someone like Goodrich/Johnson or even Booth(just for this game) would play safety.

HRT - are you crazy you would put a kid back there who hasn't played the position against a team like LSU and that passing game? Yep! Brady is a former NFL assistant to Sean Peyton - his job was to find where they could attack a defense. I see that as I am sure they would as the place to attack our defense. It's not because of the secondary either - "it's because we aren't putting enough pressure on the opposing QB"!
Assuming we don't get better production from our DL and particularly our DE's - I think you would need more speed to compensate.

That’s just respect for Perkins scrambling ability

Dec 8, 2019, 12:18 PM

He still found the gap on his right side consistently, but containment was the plan and I think it worked out ok for us.

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,225
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic