Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Once In a Lifetime Opportunity!!!! Please Advise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,098

A Once In a Lifetime Opportunity!!!! Please Advise

Sep 11, 2015, 11:01 AM

I have the opportunity to convert 3 USC fans (my parents and my wife, not die hard fans) to the Clemson way of life. They have never been to a CFB game before and their first game will be with me in DV in November. I am really wanting to take them around either the night or morning before the game and show them the campus. Planning on letting them see the practice fields, LJ, DKS, Riggs Field, and of course DV. Is there any way that I can talk to somebody who might can give us a tour? I would love for them to see the WEZ and the new Occulus. I feel confident that game day in DV will turn them to Clemson fans. Help a brother out. Opportunities like this doesn't come around very often.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I advise you

Sep 11, 2015, 11:18 AM

to not push it too hard. Remember, Clemson sells itself. My fiance is a gamecock fan, and even she is warming up to Clemson now that she's been there a few times. If they've never been to a CFB game before then gameday atmosphere alone could sell it. Just don't push it on them, they'll see the light by themselves. Good luck and GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I advise you

Sep 11, 2015, 11:28 AM

I'm asking because they want to see those places. Specifically the WEZ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I advise you

Sep 11, 2015, 4:58 PM [ in reply to I advise you ]

Well Said!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Help us help you.

Sep 11, 2015, 11:18 AM

Post pigs of wife and mother. tia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't give a solid tour of Clemson?

Sep 11, 2015, 11:32 AM

#notafan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can't give a solid tour of Clemson?

Sep 11, 2015, 1:27 PM

Got accepted to Clemson but didn't have the money to go. Had to go to a smaller local college. Been to 2 Clemson games that I was taken to (didn't have to buy a ticket) due to mine and my family's economic status (we don't have much money). So no, I am not an alum, I do not hold season tickets, I have not had the opportunity yet to spend a lot of time 3 hours away from where I work and live with my wife and daughter. Doesn't make me any less of a fan though. :)

ok, ok, you're a fan......

Sep 11, 2015, 4:58 PM

just not a tourguide. ;)

Agree with others.....game day is going to be tough, if not impossible. Where are you parking? I could give a few ideas for a walking tour.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would start by saying skip the practice fields and

Sep 11, 2015, 5:00 PM

Littlejohn...that's not going to impress many.

Instead, walk through downtown. Cut across Bowman field, and down to the amphitheater. Walk past the library reflecting pond and take them to the Hendrix center for some Clemson ice cream.

Anyone would love that walk....gameday itself will do plenty to impress them about the area around the stadium.

Are you one of those guise

Sep 11, 2015, 11:55 AM

who sits at interstate ramps begging for stuff?

Re: Are you one of those guise

Sep 11, 2015, 1:28 PM

Nope. More of a guy that believes that if you have a question about something you should ask people who know more than you. That's the only way to learn.

Re: A Once In a Lifetime Opportunity!!!! Please Advise

Sep 11, 2015, 12:37 PM

You would do better asking The Thomas Green Clemson statue than asking these most helpful souls! Try calling the IPTAY office for starters. They should be able to direct you if they don't do it themselves.

badge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2015, 1:28 PM

Even if I'm not an IPTAY contributor?

may they see the light.***

Sep 11, 2015, 2:38 PM

Re: may they see the light.***

Sep 11, 2015, 2:41 PM
amen.jpg(44.8 K)

Too late....they're damaged goods.

Sep 11, 2015, 4:02 PM

You should probably never speak to them again.

Sep 11, 2015, 4:14 PM

> I have the opportunity to convert 3 USC fans (my
> parents and my wife, not die hard fans) to the
> Clemson way of life. They have never been to a CFB
> game before and their first game will be with me in
> DV in November. I am really wanting to take them
> around either the night or morning before the game
> and show them the campus. Planning on letting them
> see the practice fields, LJ, DKS, Riggs Field, and of
> course DV. Is there any way that I can talk to
> somebody who might can give us a tour? I would love
> for them to see the WEZ and the new Occulus. I feel
> confident that game day in DV will turn them to
> Clemson fans. Help a brother out. Opportunities like
> this doesn't come around very often.

Sports is not religion or politics, no need to convert anyone.

If Clemson Football is not a religion, then why

Sep 11, 2015, 8:16 PM

Do we have an Oculus?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2015, 4:50 PM

I am sorry you were treated so rudely, and I appreciate your love for Clemson.
Most Clemson people treat folks well when they are visiting. Getting tours on
game days might be difficult. I would suggest just doing it on your own. See
Tiger Walk behind West Zone and band coming down road to the stadium at the east
end zone. Sorry I can't be of more help.......Good luck and Go Tigers!

meh...we don't want them***

Sep 11, 2015, 5:14 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

j/k....i don't think you need to do much convincing

Sep 11, 2015, 5:15 PM

just walk around. The differences in the sc/usc gameday experience is stark

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Sep 11, 2015, 6:03 PM

Go to www.clemson.edu /visit. Call 864 656 4789. Self-guided virtual tours are available for download (ideas) - see the information on the above website.
I hope you and your potential new Clemson fans thoroughly enjoy your day at Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2015, 7:43 PM

I don't blame you for trying to convert them. Having to be around one gamecock fan can be overwhelming, but 3 is way too many. I would say just do some research and a little homework and tour them around yourself. The campus speaks for itself, you'll just have to know a little about where to take them. If they have any smarts about them you might could pull it off.

Sep 11, 2015, 8:20 PM

Definitely take them the night before and morning of. Be sure to hit some of the local watering holes, (read Esso), and get some burgers at Macs on a Friday night.

Park somewhere on east campus and walk towards Bowman on the way to the game. Take them downtown, cause wimmens love shopping, and let them get some swag for the game.

Get to the stadium early enough for Tiger Walk. Be in your seats 15-20 minutes before kickoff. Hopefully you can sit somewhere in the south lower, in one of the standing only sections. Be enthusiastic and let them laugh at how pumped you get for running down the hill, Tiger Rag, and yell "Go!" After every first down.

By the end of the game, they should be hooked on it. If not, get a new family.

Don't mean to bump but

Sep 14, 2015, 2:51 PM

Thanks for all of the help guys. I fell in love with the town and campus the first time I went. I would love to live up there but all of the help we have with my little girl is from around here. To answer some of the questions, I'm thinking of parking at the corner of Perimeter and Cherry. Sitting South Stands Section Q row Q. Best seats I have ever had at a game. Thanks again guys.

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,098
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic