Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Month To Prepare For Bowl Opponent! Don't forget that!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

A Month To Prepare For Bowl Opponent! Don't forget that!

Dec 1, 2018, 9:21 AM

Whoever we play will of course, have a month to get ready for us too. But, Clemson has Brent Venables!
IN some ways with a QB who can threaten downfield in TL16; it would be better if we played the potent Bamer offense in the 1st bowl game. Would give us more time to dot I's and cross T's on defense! Bamer has been blowing people out and I wouldn't imagine them changing much if anything(arrogance born out of dominant performances). Per the recruiting rankings we are very nearly on par with them from a talent stand point! But, we have Brent Venables! And a QB who can throw it in tight windows. You must be able to throw it in tight windows in the middle of the field to beat Bamer! See any QB who has beaten them the last few years. The QB must also have some wheels at time; check!

This thread is for all the people who keep forgetting this crucial fact! Bowl prep often ends with players taking the next step in their development! It happens every year! Fanbases wonder where was that all year? And, it's nothing more than players having a short break then no school again for the holidays; then bowl practice and kind of putting it all together in what can only be described as an "ah-ha moment"! It applies mostly to young guys; but also veteran guys who had not previously played much!

We need to get by Pitt today for the 1st time in the series; then get ready for whoever it will be! For almost a month!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Month To Prepare For Bowl Opponent! Don't forget that!

Dec 1, 2018, 9:34 AM

Exactly!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Month To Prepare For Bowl Opponent! Don't forget that!

Dec 1, 2018, 9:38 AM

OrangeBlood22 It should give some of our fellow "nervous-wreck Tigers fans" a sense of calm!

O 31 O st. found out the hard way if you give BV a month to prepare we are tough to beat. We had a month to prepare last year too but did not have a "vertical passing game" that was consistent enough or threatening enough to scare defenders out the box. We do now!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic