Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Little Discouraged this morning...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,736

A Little Discouraged this morning...

Sep 15, 2014, 12:25 PM

Having an off week, especially when your rival beats a like opponent that outscored you 24-0 in a half, does lead to anger/animosity/questions/doubt/etc. Having said that, I feel I have settled down some to write my thoughts with a clear head. But this is what I have seen in the short season so far, as well as stuff happening on this Monday:

1) Without a doubt, #4 is a better QB. I do not dislike Cole, I don't booooooo Cole, and I want him to be highly successful should his number be called. But I cannot name something Cole does that gives us more of an advantage than when #4 is in the game. Nevermind the running game. I mean strictly in the passing game. I did not think #4 would be ready, but there is no reason not to have him on the field, regardless of his age or how much time he has left at CU.

2) Chad's comments this morning are bothersome. "Cole could have transferred, but he stayed because of his love for this school." DO WHAT? So that means he deserves to play? I love Clemson too. Always have. Even the four years I was in school there. How come I didn't deserve to play? Again, this is not Cole's fault. The coaches tell the media he gives us the best chance to win. Maybe so. But if the Chad believes that, then why even have to make this comment?

3) The RB's should be a mix of Choice, Gallman, and Davidson. I like DJ, but in my opinion he is 4th on that depth chart.

4) South Carolina is not flashy on offense. And they are not successful strictly because their O-Line is the best its been in years. And Dylan Thompson isn't completing passes strictly because he has "all day" to throw (he won in Clemson two yrs ago remember). It's because they exploit matchups, they utilize the passing game in the MIDDLE OF THE FIELD, and they execute basic patterns/run calls against a defense. Spurrier, as much as he makes my skin crawl, is just better at calling plays.

5) Where is the want to? Listening to Mickey this morning, I'm shocked we are even going to Tallahassee. He said our season really starts next week. Well to me that mentality is garbage. I personally feel we can beat FSU in Tallahassee. Will it be hard? Sure...would be for any team in the country. But if your defense is supposed to be good, and you get a shot at the #1 team in the nation regardless of where you play them...shouldn't you be as pumped up as humanly possible to go play that game? Have a chip on your shoulder. Why not want to be the team that knocked off #1 at their place? Danny smirked at Chief Osceola...That's because he felt we were going to knock them in the mouth.

6) If a true Freshman gives you a better chance to win, then play him. Not just talking about the QB position here. If the holdup is that you have to bring them along slowly to cutdown on the potential for mistakes, then you are playing not-to-lose. EVERY player is capable of making mistakes....no matter what grade you are. I love Adam Humphries. I do. But Im not sure how many games it will take him to get over 160 yds receiving. Scott did it in one game, as Adam's backup. Its almost as if our skill position #2's are better than the #1's.

Anyway - I feel we have a chance this Saturday, but we need to play like we want to win, not like we don't want to lose. Tired of that. You can throw that mentality out with sideways passes. Hit the TE's over the middle. Mix it up, and pressure the hound out of Captain Crab Legs. I think we are better than we are giving ourselves credit for. Go show it.

GO TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Little Discouraged this morning...

Sep 15, 2014, 12:33 PM

Amen bruva!

Loved the assessment. We can and will compete with FSU!

Go tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2014, 12:35 PM

agree with everything you've said

Sep 15, 2014, 12:42 PM

OOGRAD: I agree with your entire post particularly the comment regarding using the middle of the field for passing. We should be throwing to the TEs over the middle, down and outs after going to the middle, and short 3-8 yard passes and let our TE's and Wide receivers rake advantage of a miss match that occurs. This is not rocket science but apparently to many on this site, even suggesting it is tantamount to saying the earth is round.
Terrific post.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:46 PM

Good post, now pepper your angus.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:54 PM

I would bet that FSU's defensive game plan will include a lot of blitzes, limiting us to short quick passes, screens and short slants. If we can't handle the blitzes
it's gonna be a long night and Cole's gonna get pounded!

Sep 15, 2014, 1:03 PM

Too long, u need to warn people

Excellent points.***

Sep 15, 2014, 1:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 and the short passes in the middle is a must...***

Sep 15, 2014, 1:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,736
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic