Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE from an older Tiger....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,819

A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE from an older Tiger....

Sep 24, 2013, 8:22 PM

A man determined and driven to high accomplishments, who exhibits honor, integrity and humility, will always reap high accolades from his fellow man.

Those, who fail to follow that basic precept, will eventually suffer scorn and derision. Our nation has grown weary of the latter, and hence, why certain men have found themselves in dire circumstances.

For 50 years I have been proud of the old slogan: "A Clemson man needs no introduction," and we celebrated that thought through our representation for many years on the sidelines with the Clemson Gentleman character.

Other than modest exceptions, Clemson has enjoyed a fine reputation for exemplary behavior among our athletes, and in particular, our football team members. I attribute that to the leadership and influence of Coach Swinney and his staff. We must maintain that reputation, for it is a direct reflection on every Clemson graduate or fan when our representatives are held in high esteem and regard.

Therefore, I choose to support Coach Swinney and his staff in their disciplinary efforts, while cautioning our team members: failure to follow our staff's standards of behavior may well result in severe actions...actions that I will strongly support. This is about Clemson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said,

Sep 24, 2013, 8:34 PM

old man! ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE from an older Tiger....

Sep 24, 2013, 8:39 PM

Amen! From another old Tiger

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE from an older Tiger....

Sep 24, 2013, 9:03 PM

Kudos!!! Well put and my sentiments, as well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another old guy almost remenbers... but did

Sep 24, 2013, 9:07 PM

we not call him the Country Gentleman?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good evening, old Friend....Although we did call him the

Sep 24, 2013, 9:14 PM

Country Gentleman, at times I heard him called the Clemson Gentleman, which is the title I generally used.

Re: Another old guy almost remenbers... but did

Sep 25, 2013, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Another old guy almost remenbers... but did ]

We did.

Well said my good friend...but in the future,

Sep 24, 2013, 9:19 PM

please keep your little perspective to yourself ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Good evening to you, also. I may or may not be pleased

Sep 24, 2013, 9:39 PM

to see that you're up to your usual shenanigans. Let's see...hmmmmmmmmmmmm. No, I don't think I am. lol

You need people like us to keep you sharp..

Sep 24, 2013, 9:48 PM

and regular ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

It IS about Clemson ... mostly.

Sep 24, 2013, 9:51 PM

But it's also about disciplining our players so that a silly penalty like a throat slash won't cost us a game.

And I also think it's a tiny bit about working the refs.

The opinions above respectfully offered for what they're worth, which ain't much in the grand scheme of things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,819
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic