Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Different take on Hunter Johnson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

A Different take on Hunter Johnson

Nov 24, 2017, 6:32 PM

At this point we know who the better pure passer is, it’s HJ, and my guess is the coaches know too. I don’t think that is the question, the question is can we win a Natty with him. History says that answer is no, only one freshman QB has done it (1985 OU) so while KB’s ceiling is lower than HJ passing he has shown that he has what it takes to win big games and lead this team to a Natty. Starting HJ at any point in the season and we are simply hoping that he makes history.

Message was edited by: Tigertales87

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure about that.

Nov 24, 2017, 6:35 PM

I think T-Net knows things about Hunter Johnson (and all of our QBs) that our coaches just haven't picked up on yet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Tnet is 12-0. One day the coaches will learn.***

Nov 24, 2017, 6:48 PM

It was obvious that last year our staff...

Nov 24, 2017, 6:56 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure about that. ]

started reading TNet after the Pitt game.

Re: I'm not sure about that.

Nov 24, 2017, 6:56 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure about that. ]

Not disrespecting the coaches, but TNET was way ahead on the running backs. I'd like to see HJ come in on obvious passing situations and I realize what that means with the D line coming full blast.

Nov 24, 2017, 7:03 PM

Take a walk dude. There’s way more to playing QB than just throwing the ball & more to playing RB than carrying the ball. Trust me, few here on Tnet could scratch the surface making coaching decisions, and with comments like yours that includes you

Thank Tom somebody gets it.

Nov 24, 2017, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure about that. ]

Hopefully, one day D-Rad will wake up and realize what an asset T-Net is, and how he has been wasting it all this time. We have co-offensive coordinators, and it has worked great. I think that just lays the groundwork for co-head coaches; Dabo and Tigernet. It's the wave of the future, and it's just so obvious how the collective wisdom of an internet forum consisting of people who aren't remotely qualified to actually coach, is actually superior to those who actually get paid to do it and are at the absolute zenith of the coaching world with an undeniable record of success to back it up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 24, 2017, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure about that. ]

This may be one of the dumbest statements I've seen today. "TNET was ahead of the coach's on running backs???". Good lord.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 10:42 PM

It is fun to watch a great passing game, but if we had HJ in there passing, everyone would want to know why we were wasting Etienne's running ability.

Huh? Unless KB goes down with an injury HJ isn’t starting.***

Nov 24, 2017, 6:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Huh? Unless KB goes down with an injury HJ isn’t starting.***

Nov 24, 2017, 6:55 PM

Some have suggested he start sooner than that.

Nov 24, 2017, 7:00 PM

And those people are idiots. You can’t start a true freshman QB this late in the season if the starter is 10-1 w the only loss being caused by injury.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 7:05 PM

^^^Gets it. Thank you for the blast of reality.

Nov 24, 2017, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Huh? Unless KB goes down with an injury HJ isn’t starting.*** ]

Exactly. I don't know where these guys come up with this stuff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Huh? Unless KB goes down with an injury HJ isn’t starting.*** ]

I don’t recall anyone suggesting he should start now after 11 games... I guess I really just don’t get tnet. Everyone that has a differing opinion is either a coot or an idiot.

Someone simply makes a suggestion that HJ comes in during passing downs and all of a sudden they’re an idiot and hate Dabo yada yada. Strange.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Different take on Hunter Johnson

Nov 24, 2017, 6:54 PM

You make some good points. However, I think that KB is a very limited QB in terms of any type of vertical passing game. Ok, you say look how many games he's won. My response is that he is an extremely average QB who has had the good fortune to be surrounded by a very good team. I'm no expert, and this is just my opinion. I don't think it's any secret that our elite receivers have been consistently frustrated by his inability to reliably hit them even when they were wide open. Our most talented QB, Hunter Johnson, is sitting on the bench. This coming season, we have the number one QB in the nation enrolling at CU this spring. My guess is that the Clemson staff will continue to play Kelly, even though by then he will probably the third less talented QB on the roster. How long and how many defeats did it take them to catch onto Deshaun?? And yet it goes on and on.

Nov 24, 2017, 7:09 PM

Willing to bet our quarterback and coaches have been severely disappointed by the dropped passes and lazy routes as well. I love sideline and armchair coaches. They see a game on TV and automatically think they know more than the coaches. Unbelievable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure the sideline PC controversy at NCSt was over

Nov 24, 2017, 7:31 PM

tiger coaching staff checking in with TNET during the game for opinion, analysis, recommendations and guidance

Nov 24, 2017, 8:57 PM

I don't know if anyone is suggesting that HJ should start over KB THIS YEAR but we lean HEAVY on the run game with KB in. If we play a team that is shutting down the run and KB is struggling to pass, which he has done at times this year, then we need to be open to playing HJ.

Nov 24, 2017, 9:03 PM

^^^^ this. Not sure why you wouldn’t be open to it but for some reason to suggest it, you’re either a coot or an idiot or you don’t like the job Dabo’s doing etc etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you REALLY believe people on Tnet know more

Nov 24, 2017, 11:02 PM

about our players than Dabo and other coaches???? That they need to check websites for advice???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 9:18 PM

biggest Knock on HJ coming out of HS is he would throw a lot of picks when pressured. I am not sure if this is why he has been held back some this year, but the coaches see him in practice every day and get paid too much to not give minutes to the players that give us the greatest chance to win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very true tiger balm.*

Nov 24, 2017, 9:27 PM

well said,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 10:01 PM

Hunter Johnson will start when Kelly Bryant gets hurt, accept it.

Not saying HJ should start, but maybe he should play more

Nov 24, 2017, 10:57 PM

Maybe there could be a few series for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mid to late third quarter, he'll probably get some reps. ;~)***

Nov 24, 2017, 11:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not saying HJ should start, but maybe he should play more

Nov 25, 2017, 4:38 AM [ in reply to Not saying HJ should start, but maybe he should play more ]

Actually, as much as KB runs the ball and has trouble with his ankle, it wouldn't be a bad idea to rest him for a series now and then. When he came back in rested he may be even more effective.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic