Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Confession
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

A Confession

Feb 20, 2019, 10:57 AM

I had Clemson basketball season tickets from 1955 until the team played their home games in Greenville due to the Littlejohn renovations. The reason I no longer have season tickets is because I can't do the climbing to where my seat would have been and danged if I was going to occupy space reserved for the handicapped fans. During approximately those 60 years I suffered through the good times and the bad, and there were not many good times. I moaned and groaned and probably muttered a few profane words. I complained about the coaching, the players and everything most of you are voicing.

Things have now changed, a change that has affected my mental status as well as my physical condition. No longer do I watch or listen to our games on TV and radio. My blood pressure is down and I don't worry about turnovers, missed free throws, fouls, the quality of the referees, the coaching blunders and all of the other things that draw our ire. I don't worry about whether to fire the coach or keep him. That is beyond my power and pay grade.

Do I still want Clemson to have a basketball program that is competitive and one that would make all Tiger fans happy? You can bet your bottom dollar I do !!! Our AD and Administration are certainly aware of the status of our program and no doubt aware of the opinions expressed by our fans. I also doubt any of us are aware of steps currently being discussed re the future of our program. To do so at this point would be an insult to Brownell and the players and would raise a red flag to any prospective coach under consideration as a new hire. I would suggest that we accept our program for what it is during the remainder of the season and trust the powers that be to find a solution for our problem.

My personal wish is that Clemson can excell in all men and women's sports. There are some sports that would demand very little interst from some of us but a successful program in every endeavor would make us all proud to be a Tiger.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm proud to be a Clemson Tiger even when we lose***

Feb 20, 2019, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's sounds like some thing an almum would say.

Feb 20, 2019, 11:06 AM

Not those 'other' fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: That's sounds like some thing an almum would say.

Feb 20, 2019, 3:50 PM

fans?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm proud to be a Clemson Tiger even when we lose***

Feb 20, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I'm proud to be a Clemson Tiger even when we lose*** ]

Good points. My Dad and I talk about games, particularly football, and after a bad or tough loss we would complain and play the what if game but in the end we would say, "but you know the sun still came up this morning and it was orange".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post Joe!! Shows your usual ....

Feb 20, 2019, 11:11 AM

..,, insightful thinking! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: A Confession

Feb 20, 2019, 11:12 AM

Well said Sir! Thanks for that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adding to this is: Brownell is a super young man whom I like & respect..

Feb 20, 2019, 3:42 PM

and just wish his win records were up to par as is his integrity as a Gentleman.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic