Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Clemson Primer for Hack Media Analysts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,395

A Clemson Primer for Hack Media Analysts

Dec 9, 2015, 10:22 PM

It seems the lousy, lazy media analysts (glaring especially hard at you, ESecPN) have missed a key element in this year's Clemson team.
Looking simply at final scores and yardages gained or defensed, you won't see the hidden dominance that Clemson has displayed in most games.
Put simply, Clemson has controlled nearly every minute of every game from the opening kickoff. That doesn't mean there haven't been close calls. The 2pt conversion v. ND and the 4th down hold v. FSU come to mind, but by and large Clemson has been in the drivers seat in every game and the only question is if the other team will catch up or not.
Consistently, Clemson has looked down the mountain, leaving its opponents to look up.
Without checking the numbers it seems we've only trailed maybe 15 minutes all year long.

This is not a team that plays desperation catch up for wins, because it doesn't have to. It's not a team that needs miracle plays for last second victories. This is a team that gets opponents 2-3 scoring possessions down, then strangles the life out of them while killing the clock in the 4th quarter.
The next time you see a defeated coach whisper into Dabo's ear "Now go win it all", keep in mind it's not just well-wishing. It's an expectation from a coach who knows the game, knows what Clemson has, and knows this is a NC caliber team.
So keep making your lame predictions, upset alerts, and ridiculous commentary about a team you so obviously know so little about. You'll have all off season to learn about us as you write about our NC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Clemson Primer for Hack Media Analysts

Dec 9, 2015, 10:28 PM

Not to mention every team we play, according to the tv commentators is a "very young team". They never mention we have the 3rd most number of freshman in our starting lineup. What hacks. It's as if we don't deserve to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 10:29 PM

Actually going into the UNC game we trailed a total of ~43 min all season, but your point is spot on. Louisville was the closest I came to being nervous, and that was mild

Dec 9, 2015, 10:35 PM

Amen

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 9, 2015, 10:58 PM

My only observation... and it continued Saturday night at The Bank... we had a good lead going into the 4th quarter... and we took our foot off the gas... offensively and defensively... and the TarHoles came back and almost made it a game... at least by appearance. Truth told, I was NEVER anxious about the outcome. I've only been anxious one time all season, and that was against Louisville. ND? Two point conversion... no. FSU? after cook's long TD run? no. 4th down?... no. SC? Never. But I've gotta admit, I would love to see the OC and DC keep their foot on the gas when we have the lead. I've always been a believer that "you dance with the one you brung to the dance." Why change what got you the lead?

All my thoughts aside, though, this coaching staff is the reason we're 51-10 in the last 5 seasons, and 13-0 this year. I'm behind them all the way. We're BLESSED to have Dabo, BV, TE, and JS. I believe in them and the Tigers. And I believe that I was WRONG about this year being a year too soon. Do it, Tigers... and then do it again... and again...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 11:03 PM

Amen

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Don't you get it by now? Praising Clemson in the media does

Nov 23, 2022, 2:17 PM

not sell. Only we believe. Everyone loves to hate on our team, our program, our fans. Most outside South Carolina do not know who we are... even where we are located geographically. At best, we would be hailed as the "Cinderella Story." But what happens when the Cinderella team slowly builds a dynasty of a program? That is dangerous to the likes of the traditional CFB powers.

There is a reason why the Bamas and the Sooners are favored in their matchups, because the college football hegemony will do anything to keep a team like Clemson down because Clemson is a threat. We aren't supposed to be enjoying this success. Clemson is not supposed to beat the teams that we are beating.

This season is unprecedented, unexpected, and terrifying to the media. We will continue to draw the doubts of media members even after we win the thing, but they will never be able to take away the title from us. They can scratch their heads in dumbfounded amazement when they have to cover us as the undisputed champs all off-season.

I can't wait. Cheers, Tiger fans.

Dec 9, 2015, 11:14 PM

And no one seems to remember Alabama having only 12 points and trailing Tennessee with 2 and a half minutes left in that game. Also OU big win over Ok St, Clemson easily could have beat UNC by that much in a well officiated game.

Excellent post.. good for a lot of folks on here to read too.

Dec 10, 2015, 12:05 AM

Our style is to get up, then run 6 min drives that hopefully end in points. It doesn't always work in the short (more points) but it has worked in the long run (wins).

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,395
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic