Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE to my TigerNet Friends......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE to my TigerNet Friends......

Dec 24, 2014, 8:43 PM

Recently, while visiting a store hosting a Santa photo op for kids, a young, beautiful girl walked past me, stopped a moment and in a deliberate, yet halting voice, excitedly said that she had seen Santa twice this year. She also said Christmas was special because "...it's the Baby Jesus' birthday."

Deliberate and halting because she wore hearing aids and struggled with her speech.

It was difficult to hold my composure, and since then, I have thought of this small child, her difficulties and her excitement for the season. That encounter has made me think of others...others struggling for various reasons or those simply less fortunate; the younger among us who have many long roads to travel, complete with all the ups and downs that life renders. It's made me think of my peers, some fighting battles of health or uncertainty due to changing situations. It's also made me think of those faring quite well with relative comfort and ease.

I am happy to have had this opportunity from time-to-time to share with you, my Friends. I'm happy that folks of all ages and backgrounds have opted to demonstrate their loyalty to Clemson, express their hopes and dreams, vent frustrations and revel in our triumphs.

Most of all, I appreciate the time and words that so many of you have offered to this older Tiger.

And I truly wish all, friend and foe alike, peace and comfort in the spirit of the season.

Merry Christmas!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Dec 24, 2014, 8:45 PM

Enjoy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was enjoying kicking back and relaxing until the rain

Dec 24, 2014, 8:50 PM

stopped here on Lake Murray, then the friends came out of the woodwork for those Christmas Eve toddies.

I'm wondering if a "Secret Santa" had a hand in the weather relief? lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was enjoying kicking back and relaxing until the rain

Dec 25, 2014, 11:47 AM

Here's wishing the "King of the Lake" and all of your family a very Merry Christmas!

Re: A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE WELL SAID......

Dec 24, 2014, 8:54 PM

What a wonderful post! Christmas Spirit is alive and well at Hartin's house and also at ours. I do believe that all of us have been blessed beyond belief. Let us think more of the blessings and less of the problems. Most of them are minor in comparison. Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas, HT.

Dec 24, 2014, 9:03 PM

All the very best to you & yours, Lord of the Lake.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for worrying about the little people.

Dec 24, 2014, 9:07 PM

We appreciate it. Go Tigers!

Nice - well said. Merry Christmas***

Dec 24, 2014, 9:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am reminded of the joy of Christmas

Dec 24, 2014, 9:20 PM

Visited some old friends on Indian Creek on the western side of Lake Murray yesterday.

Today was one of Santa's elves delivering presents around Lexington County. Thankful for many blessings.

Warmer tonight than any day's high temp for two weeks. Jack is helping with the cough.

Peace be with you and yours along with all tnetters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Merry Christmas! Your words reminded me of a song

Dec 24, 2014, 9:24 PM

By Chris Rice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLomh9k6OE0

Take the time to listen. You will not be disappointed.

and Happy New Year!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Sometimes, I think when we do look at the face of others,

Dec 25, 2014, 7:26 AM

we do see the face of Christ, for my belief is that He is in all of us, and hence, why the word, brothers, can take on a new meaning.

When we truly consider our most prized possessions, material things have a way of falling by the wayside, and we realize that our fellow man is indeed our most valued possession.

Thanks for the song...and Merry Christmas!

Re: A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE to my TigerNet Friends......

Dec 24, 2014, 9:30 PM

Really nice message.....wishing you a very merry Christmas as well!

Re: A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE to my TigerNet Friends......

Dec 24, 2014, 9:52 PM

And Merry Christmas back to an ole loyal Tiger!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Merry Christmas.***

Dec 24, 2014, 9:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed "Hartins"...MERRY CHRISTmas to ALL! *

Dec 24, 2014, 10:04 PM

GoTiGERS....keep winning!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post hartins! And Merry Christmas to you and your

Dec 25, 2014, 7:39 AM

family.

I know I occasionally give you a hard time, but during this season of giving and peace, let me just say

that I really do mean all those things.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Look out, my good Friend! I'm leaving with family for

Dec 25, 2014, 8:34 AM

Charlotte shortly...and I'll be looking out for...those who are vertically-challenged!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

And a Merry Christmas to you friend - sometimes

Dec 25, 2014, 7:40 AM

it takes a reminder like that to let us realize how fortunate we have been throughout our lives. Even with setbacks along the way I know I continue to be blessed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.***

Dec 25, 2014, 10:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic