Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach

Oct 14, 2015, 11:12 PM

https://craigcrosby.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/a-big-lesson-from-the-head-ball-coach/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummmm.. I think you promoted your 'blog' on the wrong board.

Oct 14, 2015, 11:15 PM

Coot. Gueaux eff yourself.

Enjoy the rest of you season, since your 'OBS' screwed your players over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

#### off, coot.***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Not buying the "life lesson" here

Oct 14, 2015, 11:23 PM

Spurrier should have hung up the headphones 2 years ago when he really was on top of his game and would have left Cooterville in a much better position to replace Head Coach and continue to compete.

He did stay because of his pride. He did state just 10 months ago he was going to be here another 2-3 years. He did state in July he would be here another 5 years.

If they had a 4-2 record right now don't you believe he would still be the HBC? Of course he would be. Yes it is time he move on in life but he owed the players and the school 6 more games. Could have been handled so much better.

You coots are going to have a serious project on your hands for many many years to come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love how the coots and those who know him

Oct 15, 2015, 10:10 AM

are defending his quitting by saying things like that is who he is, it was the best thing for the program, if gives a head start on the coaching search blah blah. Nope, not buying it. The only thing it does is give Elliot an audition. I don't know if that is a positive or not.

I guess another positive would be if they didn't have to pay him anymore.

I just think he should have announced his retirement but stayed to take his lumps like a man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach

Oct 14, 2015, 11:27 PM

So when the going gets tough, make sure you leave everyone depending on you high and dry? Great spin lesson, delusional coot.

Oct 14, 2015, 11:32 PM

Evidently you guys aren't able to put you bias aside. I personally like Dabo and his passion. Tommy Bowden needed to go long before he chose to. Spurrier stepping down was simply the best decision for all. When you passion is gone, you serve no purpose. Shawn Elliott has passion. You guys will see that passion the day your Tigers play the Gamecocks. It will be a competitive game. Spurrier made the best decision for himself and the University. Simple as that.

Your lazy coach didn't recruit enough to make that a

Oct 14, 2015, 11:36 PM

competitive game. There's no passion in that program. The fact that you believe there is makes you even more delusional than your crappy blog. Take your crap elsewhere.

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Hit the road....pu$$ie***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, last year was super competitive***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

Clemson

Tommy Bowden was forced out, get your facts straight***

He quit, when the going got tough just like he did with...

Oct 14, 2015, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

the redskins.

Oct 15, 2015, 2:03 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

Spurrier stepping down when he did was another example of a spoiled little brat taking his ball and going home when he doesn't get his way. Have a nice day.

Obviously you dont have kids, especially ones that play sports

Oct 15, 2015, 6:58 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

Number one rule is you don't quit on yourself or your team just cause things arnt going your way. You put in more work. You leave it on the field until the season is over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Did someone lead you to believe

Oct 15, 2015, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

we give a crap about what you think or it means something to us what you think about our Coach ?

If so - you were mislead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Oh the irony and the hypocrisy !!!!!

Oct 15, 2015, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

Whatever helps you sleep at night princess !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Rev, you don't get it

Oct 15, 2015, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

Spurlid is all about HIMSELF and no one else...

Celebrate your best years ever.

Oct 15, 2015, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

Fact is, USuC has been recruiting off the Holtz ,Slurrier names for 2 decades. They have nothing else to offer. If they did, recruiting would not have taken such a HUGE hit once everyone knew Slurrier was a short timer.

Elliott doesn't stand a chance !! Of course, none of the big names Coots fantasize about will come to that dump.

Yes, like with the Redskins, the OBC quit the minute he knew he couldn't do any better with a crappy team.

Oct 15, 2015, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

Bias??

http://www.secsports.com/video/13882846/spurrier-opens-resignation

"I don't want to be one of those guys that hung around for 2 or 3 losing seasons, and you know, he had a good record so he doesn't get fired" - Steve Spurrier on Tuesday.

He left your team high and dry. His comment right there tells you a) it was because they are losing, and b) he doesn't want to be the coach that 2 to 3 losing seasons are blamed on by your fan base.

Get over it and see that your coach quit and left the team high and dry for his own ego. he could have easily left after last season, or stayed at least through this one. He didn't.

Yeah, I bet we see that "passion" on Sat against Vandy too

Oct 15, 2015, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

... lulz

Beating Vandy brings back the "we're back" chatter....

Oct 15, 2015, 10:07 AM

just like after they beat a terrible UCF team, you heard the "we've found ourselves a QB and a future star" rhetoric.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 15, 2015, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

Passion doesn't win games. It takes passion AND talent. Clemson has both USCjr has neither.

The fact that you idiots still worship him after quitting..

Oct 14, 2015, 11:32 PM

well, I guess if I was a Coot, and that's the best I ever had.. maybe I would too. It's like he was the first hot chick you ever hooked up with, and it was cool but you think you're better since being with a hot chick who was just waiting for something better. Now you think you're player status, when honestly she was just being nice and none of any of her hot friends wants anything to do with you, because you really don't bring much to the table. Now after a few attempts at some of the hot friends and they tell you she was too nice not to tell you the truth, you realize how ###### you really are. You're always gonna get the C, C- chicks, and then you have to accept it. Once you accept you'll never pull top level, then you have to just say 'screw it', we are who we are. I just hope most of your fan base doesn't take it out on their siblings/significant other.

Godspeed Chicks.

Don't ask me how I know all of this.

Re: The fact that you idiots still worship him after quitting..

Oct 14, 2015, 11:38 PM

I disagree. Rick Barnes did the same for and to Clemson basketball, but we don't continue to worship that flaming a&hole. Coots just lack character, and worship those who also lack it.

This is the football bored. Don't bring basketball into this

Oct 14, 2015, 11:40 PM

Also, could you not tell that was tongue-in-cheek..geez.

So did you plan Spurrier's funeral, that just happened?***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:33 PM

Sorry, but we're not scientologists around these parts...

Oct 14, 2015, 11:37 PM

take that L Ron Hubbard worship else where.

Oh, BTW, did you get the highest resolution avatar they had?***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:43 PM

Oct 14, 2015, 11:46 PM

We've got some guys like some of you on Gamecock Born & Bred as well. We call them unreasonable and remove them. Ok. So Bowden got fired. I would rather do like Spurrier and get out of the way for the team's sake. I was not trying to promote a blog, I was just sharing a view point. Dabo getting a chance for you guys was the best thing that ever happened for your team. Shawn Elliott could be just that even if it's for this season for the Gamecocks. I won't respond to nonsense anymore. Thanks to the man Clemson fan's on here that are reasonable and very intelligent. God bless

If you honestly think Slurrier left for the team's sake,

Oct 14, 2015, 11:56 PM

you're delusional. He did it for himself. He didn't want to go out a loser. And Clemson 'fan's' don't want your crap on our board. Take it elsewhere.

Oh and if that remove them and move on comment was directed at me, pretty sure I'm in the majority, nationwide. Every fan base outside of you idiots realizes and has known he's a narcissistic egoist that only cared about himself. He just stuck around while you idiots were winning. As soon as it got tough, gone. You morons can't be any more delusional. Again, we hit the jackpot with a rival.

Message was edited by: tigers_no.1®

Oct 15, 2015, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

You realize that just last week Spurrier was still the best coach ever. It's was bad coordinators, bad scheme, lack of a recruiting coordinator, Bla Bla Bla. But now it was Spurriers fault and the Oline coach is going to suddenly make a bunch of scrubs into world beaters... Yawn. Why are you here again? We will see come November coot, but don't worry. Dabo doesn't see the benefit of boat racing you guys. We will go up a couple scores, and just pound the ball at you and chew clock.

Some day you will realize that the ole ball sac abandoned his program and community when they were at their worst. There are plenty of names out there for people like that. You pick the one you like best

Rev, so people who disagree with you are ignorant?

Oct 15, 2015, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

And those who agree are reasonable?

You don't sound very christian-like to me...

Oct 15, 2015, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: A Big Lesson From The Head Ball Coach ]

http://www.secsports.com/video/13882846/spurrier-opens-resignation

"I don't want to be one of those guys that hung around for 2 or 3 losing seasons, and you know, he had a good record so he doesn't get fired"

He's not doing it for the "team's sake" coot. Read up there...go in the link if you want to see him say it out of his OWN MOUTH.

Oct 15, 2015, 9:06 AM

Here, let me further back it up:
https://youtu.be/5g8iwHQUOnc @2:55 (his biggest accomplishment)

"The thing Dan that, uh, I hope to do is never get fired as a football coach." "I don't want to get run out"

Still sure it wasn't about himself??

You're preaching to the wrong crowd here

Oct 14, 2015, 11:47 PM

That's one opinion, but if you're looking to drive traffic to your blog maybe invest in SEO techniques instead of trying to make an egomaniacal quitter appear noble by some stretch of the imagination.

Stevie is and has always been about Stevie, he was losing and didn't like it so he quit on his team. You sound like a sad cuckold who is trying to make his cheating spouse sound like a heroine since she divorced you early instead of prolonging the affair another four years.

If it helps you sleep better at night, go for it...

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Ok, you said it better than I did. :)***

Oct 15, 2015, 12:02 AM

Do you think BC will run or pass on first down?

Oct 15, 2015, 12:03 AM

I still think we hold them to less than 200 yds.

Here's the lesson

Oct 15, 2015, 1:36 AM

Success at USuCk isn't sustainable. The higher you can throw a chicken in the air, the faster and harder it crashes to the ground.

Try this on for size! It is more along the lines of truth!

Oct 15, 2015, 2:26 AM

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/steve-spurrier-a-great-but-graceless-winner

Get a contract extension even if you have to extort by...

Oct 15, 2015, 3:38 AM

threatening to retire in two or three more years? Yeah baby, then do dumb chit so you can get fired and keep all the money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Craig, one of the most difficult decisions any leader has

Oct 15, 2015, 6:12 AM

to make pertains to his tenure.

I'm close in age to Coach Spurrier, and while my years of experience in business may have merit, I realize that younger leadership is usually the better option for most enterprises. I, also, realize that often untenable situations will make an older person decide to hand over the reins to a younger person.

It's difficult to digest Coach Spurrier's motives for his resignation, but many people are basing opinions on the man himself. That's why there has been negative feedback with much alluding to selfishness on his part.

I think it may well prove to be a combination of selfishness and the proverbial weariness of mind and bones...in other words Coach Spurrier grew weary of what was becoming an uphill struggle, believed new blood was necessary and decided to salvage whatever piece of mind and dignity he could by handing over the job. This in of itself has provoked the greatest uproar...even among the Gamecock faithful...with the tag, "Quitter."

A number of Clemson folks have been willing to admit that he has been one of the greatest coaches of the game, and that he did uplift the spirits of the Carolina family with his overall success, given the history of the program. However, the nature of our rivalry isn't going to find many Clemson fans too sympathic with either Coach Spurrier or the program itself, which would be true if the situation was reversed.

What I do know is based upon over 50 years following Clemson and South Carolina football, and that is that the Gamecock family will determine his legacy. Some will be harsh; some sympathetic; and most won't give a hoot one way or the other, if the new blood can find a way to win a whole lot of ball games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, "When the going gets tough, quit"***

Oct 15, 2015, 6:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb***

Oct 15, 2015, 7:01 AM

(Spurrier 12.2.14) "I'll probably coach 2-3 more years..."***

Oct 15, 2015, 7:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't want to end his career with his first losing season.

Oct 15, 2015, 8:56 AM

Classic narcissist. Simple as that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WILL end with a losing season, although not a complete one***

Oct 15, 2015, 10:02 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Oct 15, 2015, 9:07 AM

You will have a lot to blog about when spurrier dogs your school, you see it is not his fault things fell apart, it is you and your school's fault. He WILL make that clear to every one that asks from now on.

Oct 15, 2015, 10:00 AM

Too many people are caught up in stupidity of making sure they get their shot in on Spurrier and doggin' Carolina fans. Clemson Folks... have we no class? All I'm seeing is flamers and shot takers because the OP is a Gamecock supporter. You all make me shake my head as a Clemson fan. I know we've had some rough times and we're finally reaching levels we haven't been to in a long time and we've also had the Mouth from the South coaching the ##### since the mid-2000s, but come on....The blog is just making points we would all WANT to happen if we got stuck in that situation; how many of you want Dabo around if recruiting drops, we get blasted by teams with a pulse, and start struggling with programs we blow the doors off of now? I'm betting cannibalism would start happening pretty swiftly around here.

Overall, I'm not saying we give Spurrier the Golden Goose treatment, and my guess is Mr. Craig wasn't either, but take off you're Clemson gear if you can't have more class about guests to the board. Too many people wanna uproar because the blog isn't something negative about the rival. I know, I've been around the biggest G-cock supporters and felt the same irritation during their streak of all streaks.This man isn't here to start flame wars or push a Pro-Gamcock agenda onto us, just another viewpoint to consider. I know the OP personally and can tell you he is one of the more level-headed Carolina fans and not to mention a darn good pastor.

Let's remember, we are Clemson Faithful (at least most of us) and we've got class and dignity (again, most of us).

-God Bless

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey this not shamecock central!!!!!!!!

Oct 15, 2015, 10:14 AM

nm

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic