Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
@ The Wyndham Championship . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,226

@ The Wyndham Championship . . .

Aug 16, 2020, 12:24 PM

Ben Martin has completed his final round . . . Shooting -2 for today has him @ -5 for the Tournament . . . 1 shot ahead of Sergio and 3 shots clear of Spieth . . .

Ben had a messy front 9 . . . 3 Birdies coupled w/ 3 Bogies and 3 Pars . . . His back 9 was clean with 2 more Birdies

Good to see Ben make the Cut!!!

The PGA posted several of his birdies at this site . . . Just find his name and click on it, the video links can then be seen:
https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2020/wyndham-championship/leaderboard.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: @ The Wyndham Championship . . .

Aug 16, 2020, 12:59 PM

He made the cut,but unfortunately not the top 125 in the Fed Ex Cup race.The top 125 start competing next week at the Northern Trust Open. Top prize 10 million.
Ben finished at #160.His season is over for now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 1:07 PM

Yeah, Ben wasn't even close. I don't think he played in enough events to really give himself much of a chancer. Hopefully that is in the past and next year will be a good one for him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 1:06 PM

Ben's a nice young man and pull for him like I do for the other Clemson players.

I've never much liked that venue for PGA tournament golf or really for membership play. The pros have to shoot 20 under to even be in the hunt to win and the course is not much of a challenge for them. There are way too may misplaced bunkers, especially on the fairways, and you rarely see the pros in them. On the other hand they are in play for higher handicap players. Seems like that should be just the opposite. Also the severely contoured greens are difficult for the average player, but do not seem affect the pros as much.

Let's hope Doc can handle them today better than the guys in front of him!

Aug 16, 2020, 1:36 PM

Remember around 1970? I was gallery marshall for Arnold Palmer. Coming up 9 as tourney was played (18 really) there is a creek at bottom of hill with a footbridge on the left. In the middle right was a footlog. Arnold decided to be cute and use the log. About halfway over it rotated and into the creek he went. Thought the PGA official was going to have a heart attack. Arnold just laughed as we pulled him out. He putted out and we ran everyone out of a hospitality tent so he could change pants. Needless to say the footlog disappeared

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 1:57 PM

Sorry Skeet, hit the wrong thumb brother : (

I’ll make it up to you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No worries Brother!!!

Aug 16, 2020, 7:45 PM

You've more than made up for it already!!!

Have a great week!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No worries Brother!!!

Aug 16, 2020, 8:12 PM

Ha ha, you too sir!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple more from me

Aug 16, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to No worries Brother!!! ]

too

Aug 16, 2020, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: @ The Wyndham Championship . . . ]

Lol, was wondering why my TU for him went to 75%

Aug 16, 2020, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: @ The Wyndham Championship . . . ]

Lol, was wondering why my TU for him went to 75%

Aug 16, 2020, 4:49 PM

I think Doc needs to birdie four of the last six holes to get into a play-off.

Aug 16, 2020, 5:44 PM

DR is 3 off lead. Horschel just bogeyed the par 3 now at -20 with 2 to play. There are 30 players 10 or more under par indicating the course isn't much of a test.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Aug 16, 2020, 8:23 PM

Thanks for posting Skeeta.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,226
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic