Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Sporting News lists Brownell as candidate for Memphis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Sporting News lists Brownell as candidate for Memphis

Apr 11, 2016, 4:04 PM

Sporting News lists Brownell as candidate for Memphis

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's awesome!! I strongly recommend that you hire him!!***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Highly recommend - please hire him!***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:48 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2016, 4:07 PM

!?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Coach Brad Brownell taking Rashan Gary with him?***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Standby Coach Brad Brownell...

Apr 11, 2016, 4:07 PM

I am on my way with some boxes and a moving truck. I'll help in any way I can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

do you need an assist?

Apr 11, 2016, 4:11 PM

bb doesn't believe in them but i can help you. i will bring a dolly and a case

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Thanks in advance for your help

Apr 11, 2016, 4:13 PM

Maybe we can get @cutigerbob to pick up some nice Memphis Tigers polos for Coach Brad Brownell and drop them by. I think we all know bob would be useless trying to pick up boxes.

is it because of the skirts?

Apr 11, 2016, 4:16 PM

dsp says bob loves to wear a skirt. sorry - dsp is initials. meant to say dead solid perfect

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Thanks for clearing that up, when someone says "dsp"

Apr 11, 2016, 4:17 PM

it's tough to know for certain if they're talking about @deadsolidperfect or deadsolidperphect

or deadsolidprepubescent??

Apr 11, 2016, 4:21 PM

i can't be sure

Re: Standby Coach Brad Brownell...

Apr 11, 2016, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Standby Coach Brad Brownell... ]

let the idiocy begin. morons on this board will show their class in 5,4,3......................

Well if nothing else, we all know you absolutely

Apr 11, 2016, 4:15 PM

exude class.

Re: You got that right.***

Apr 11, 2016, 6:35 PM

oh brother***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Standby Coach Brad Brownell... ]

serious question dero

Apr 11, 2016, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Standby Coach Brad Brownell... ]

how many games could bb win if he was handed the golden state warriors starting 5? would he be on the verge of 73 wins or would he be tied with 3 other teams heading into tomorrow for the 8th and final spot for the playoffs?? your answer in 3..2..

Re: serious question dero

Apr 11, 2016, 4:21 PM

YOU'RE BEING A CLASSLESS AMATEUR FAN GOOBER

SHAKING MY HEAD***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:22 PM

Apr 11, 2016, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: serious question dero ]

I NEED NOT SAY ANYTHING. ALL ANYONE HAS TO DO IS READ THIS THREAD TO SEE WHO HAS ANY CLASS.

I'M RUNNING TO THE OFFICE MICROWAVE

Apr 11, 2016, 4:27 PM

TO POP SOME CORN. HOLD UP UNTIL GWP RESPONDS. THIS IS EXCITING!!

I offered to help Coach Brad Brownell pack

Apr 11, 2016, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: serious question dero ]

which is total class. I don't see you offering to help, all you're doing is criticizing people, which is the antithesis of class.

that response

Apr 11, 2016, 4:31 PM

was the epitome of class. being helpful in one's time of need is nice and i for one applaud gwp for the offer to help bb. i am offering, with class, to help gwp lift the myriad of trophies that bb has accumulated during his time here

Total class move theclash. For your sake I hope that trophy

Apr 11, 2016, 4:33 PM

he won for getting one Coach of the Year vote isn't too heavy.

just phoned bob

Apr 11, 2016, 4:34 PM

he will hold the light end and of course i have to grab the heavy

It's classy to see bob being so eager to help

Apr 11, 2016, 4:36 PM

Even though he won't be all that helpful. It's the thought and effort that counts.

Apr 11, 2016, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: serious question dero ]

> I NEED NOT SAY ANYTHING. ALL ANYONE HAS TO DO IS READ
> THIS THREAD TO SEE WHO HAS ANY CLASS.

As well as who has a functioning Caps Lock button and who doesn't!

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH***

Apr 11, 2016, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Standby Coach Brad Brownell... ]

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Re: Standby Coach Brad Brownell...

Apr 11, 2016, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Standby Coach Brad Brownell... ]

Hey Dero you forget what comes after 3 lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Henny Youngman said it best

Apr 11, 2016, 4:10 PM

I don't really care, but this was the first thing that came to mind

Does Memphis really have to go this low in order to fill

Apr 11, 2016, 4:22 PM

their job? With the FedEx money in town, local talent, great arena it would seem they could make a bigger splash than a guy who's sat at home out of the postseason 2/3 of the time here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice try but April Fools was last week***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:25 PM

please, please, please, please, please, please be true.***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:26 PM

This goes to prove great coaches are rare. Who could we

Apr 11, 2016, 4:30 PM

attract that would be that much better than what we have? Unless, of course, we are going to devote many more resources than we currently devote, which we aren't willing to do.

FRANK MARTIN***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:32 PM

Re: FRANK MARTIN***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:35 PM

FRANK MARTIN HUH. LMFAO. HOW MANY TIMES HE TOOK THE COOTS TO THE DANCE. GUESS YOU LIKE HIM CAUSE HE CUSSES HIS PLAYERS.

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT INSINUATING THAT FRANK MARTIN

Apr 11, 2016, 4:39 PM

WAS NOT A SERIOUS ANSWER AND THAT NO SARCASM WAS USED IN THE MAKING OF THECLASH'S CLASSY POST

i do not understand abbreviations

Apr 11, 2016, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: FRANK MARTIN*** ]

Let My Frank Accept Orange?? is that lmfao? btw - that was a joke about frank being hired but i applaud your persistence

Re: i do not understand abbreviations

Apr 11, 2016, 4:44 PM

A JOKE. YEP, THATS WHAT I THINK OF WHEN I THINK OF YOU 2 GOOBERS.

is goobers

Apr 11, 2016, 4:49 PM

the abbreviation for classy dudes??

How often do you think of me deroberts? Be honest.***

Apr 11, 2016, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: i do not understand abbreviations ]

Careful GWP. DeRoberts might have the gays.***

Apr 12, 2016, 8:25 AM

We don't have to look far to find a brilliant basketball

Apr 11, 2016, 4:34 PM [ in reply to This goes to prove great coaches are rare. Who could we ]

mind who would be happy to have the job. He goes by the name coachmac

COACHMAC!!

Apr 11, 2016, 4:55 PM

NOW THAT IS CLASS PERSONIFIED. I SAY DRAD HIRES HIM NOW. I LOVE HIS COACHING TECHNIQUE - DO NOT LET PLAYERS ELEVATE. BUT ON A DUNK OR JUMP SHOT, WOULDN'T ELEVATION BE CRITICAL?! WHO AM I TO ARGUE WITH HIS COACHING STYLE. I'M JUST LOOKING FORWARD TO NEW BEGINNINGS

Re: We don't have to look far to find a brilliant basketball

Apr 12, 2016, 3:03 PM [ in reply to We don't have to look far to find a brilliant basketball ]

hell yea coach super star would make sure players like JB kept their game in check. Cant have them elevating their game.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: BKB Update: Sporting News lists Brownell as candidate for Memphis

Apr 11, 2016, 4:32 PM

Great choice Memphis. Make it happen.***

Apr 11, 2016, 5:03 PM

Apr 11, 2016, 6:20 PM

As granny would say, 'don't let the screen door hit you in the ### on your way out".

granny was a peach...

LOL at this stupid list of coaches.

Apr 11, 2016, 6:28 PM

First of all, Brownell's job is not in jeopardy and he has no reason to consider Memphis. That is not as good a situation as he is currently in.

Gregg Marshall has even less of a reason to go to Memphis. Huge pipe dream that will never happen.

Anfernee Hardaway is currently a high school coach. What makes him qualified to be the head coach at a school like Memphis, other than the fact that he's from Memphis and played there? That's an idea even dumber than the one suggesting Greg Buckner be our next head coach.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL at this stupid list of coaches.

Apr 11, 2016, 9:03 PM

I have read all of this and it shows a lot of disrespect and reminds me of the talk when our football program was in the basement.
Coach Brownell has made Clemson basketball relevant and really cares about the program and it advancement in the ACC. Folks like you make it hard for anyone wanting to come here.
Don't give up on a class coach because we aren't the ACC elite yet.
If the ACC and NCAA would take care of Carolina things would change.

Sounds like Bowden to Arkansas.***

Apr 11, 2016, 9:15 PM

Re: Sounds like Bowden to Arkansas.***

Apr 12, 2016, 8:28 AM

Yeah. I was done packing TB's garage when TDP announced the now infamous contract extention.

Apr 11, 2016, 10:58 PM

So Memphis - the same school that hired John Calipari years ago - wants BB??????

#### has frozen over.

were 1 shot away from the national title not long ago

Apr 11, 2016, 11:15 PM

this would be like us losing Dabo and then going after Brett Bilemma

Probably even worse than that. Maybe like us going after

Apr 12, 2016, 8:35 AM

Dave Doeren.

Didn't Memphis just lose their coach to Ga Tech ?

Apr 12, 2016, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Sporting News lists Brownell as candidate for Memphis ]

That should tell us something about the state of things in the Memphis program.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be a really solid hire for Memphis***

Apr 12, 2016, 8:32 AM

{y'all need to quit yelling,......

Apr 12, 2016, 11:04 AM

hartins, LBB and I will have to turn down our hearing aids...}

Stick with Brownell, he had a decent year

Apr 12, 2016, 12:13 PM

You clowns who are bashing him are ridiculous....who you think is gonna walk in the door Jay Wright? Brownell had a decent season, 10-8 in ACC pretty good to me, good wins too

Remind me again

Apr 12, 2016, 2:58 PM

What post season tournament we were in?

In any year other than his first?

Records, good wins, 2 good players, all are meaningless. Tourney appearances are what matters. He has 1 - with players he didn't recruit. And we also had an NIT berth. Woohoo.

Also look at next year's roster and tell me what we have without Blossomgame? Some transfers who may or may not be able to play in the ACC?

His ship has sailed... hopefully to Memphis.

I could care less who is the next coach, but at this point I'll gamble the program being worse rather than know it will be mediocre... again.

Re: Stick with Brownell, he had a decent year

Apr 12, 2016, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Stick with Brownell, he had a decent year ]

Nice first post. /s

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I can tell you for sure...

Apr 12, 2016, 1:25 PM

This is not gonna happen. It's safe to say his name has not even came up. Memphis is a top 15 job with a top notch stadium, big money, rabid fan base and top notch recruiting area. They are going for the home run since they got lucky and pastner left. No one wanted him to coach another game here but they were stuck with his contract. All he had to do was not quit and they had to pay him 10.5 million and HE QUIT. if they hired anyone close to BB people would burn the forum down. Their wishlist is Greg Marshall, Bruce pearl and buzz williams. Buzz Williams would be their best shot. If they take a chance on anyone it would be Penny Hardaway.

Re: BKB Update: Sporting News lists Brownell as candidate for Memphis***

Apr 12, 2016, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

95 percent of you "fans" have never even been to a BB game

Apr 12, 2016, 3:46 PM

Go back to chasing football recruits and leave Brownell alone. Next year will be his best year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 95 percent of you "fans" have never even been to a BB game

Apr 12, 2016, 5:10 PM

Agreed.

"Fans" on here are actually more clueless about basketball than baseball, which is really saying something.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic