Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
88 is spitting fire today!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 362

88 is spitting fire today!

Jun 21, 2020, 11:34 AM

Wow. Keep it going!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 88 is spitting fire today!

Jun 21, 2020, 11:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 11:48 AM

Very will played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best lol in a while.***

Jun 21, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: 88 is spitting fire today! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 11:47 AM

I needed something to take my mind off the project car. We fired it up last week after filling the crankcase with Rotella diesel oil and transmission with fresh FEBI oil specced by Mercedes. I started it again yesterday, engauged the transmission and turned the steering wheel to refit the body for better access to begin the final stages of making it a show car.

The steering gearbox I rebuilt spit a valve out on the ground and drained 15 dollars worth of FEBI PS fluid in the drive. I shut down the engine and pushed it to where I wanted it to be. One freaking snap ring shot out of a valve access hole and ruined my weekend. I must have left a bit of grit in the groove or something. A freaking snap ring that isn't 3/4" in diameter ruined my weekend and I ain't doing chit today but complaining about my good life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 11:49 AM

I will take some pics for you at the car show today. There are a couple of Benz that show up that are on point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 12:09 PM

I was dating a nice lady who lived in Concord, NC. While visiting her one weekend there was a car show in Char. She wanted to go so we rode over in my 85 380SE w126 MB. Not knowing where I was actually going or where to park I ran right into the gate setup on a side street to the show.

They had blocked off a couple blocks of downtown somewhere for a public free show. The guy waved me through and I we laughed as I drove on and parked between a split window Vette and a brand new Viper.

After getting out of the car we walked a short piece and turn to watch the people. My car got as much attention as the Viper but people lingered a bit longer while hovering over the Corvette.

Now that 380SE has morphed into a 300SD and has a nice diesel engine with all the wiring and vacuum accommodations needed to function as it would had the Germans installed it. I have removed the interior, refinished it with SEM paint and SEM dye for the leather and stripped, stained and shot Dupont 2K clear on the interior wood trim. I only screwed up two pieces.

I've rebuilt or restored everything about this car except the engine and transmission which work fine and should last another half a million miles.

I've already stripped the anodization off the aluminum on the exterior and buffed it to chrome shine. I even removed the '380SE,' on the trunk lid and buffed out the '300SD,' and 'Turbo Diesel,' to install in place after buffing the body. I have removed the bumpers and fluted trim on the doors, quarter panels and fenders and sanding, repainting and 2K dupont clear coated them.

All that's left is the black body and putting all the panels, bumpers and such back on the car. No estimate to finish date because I'm tired of lying about when I'll finish it.

I found some seat covers for you

Jun 21, 2020, 12:18 PM

I’ve got a couple of woodworking projects that are like your car. Keep working just enough to say it’s an active project with no completion date in sight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I love them.

Jun 21, 2020, 12:33 PM

However, I have power headrest which will not work well with those seat covers. I also like my women a to have much more boobage than that her.

I got a good car repair Father’s Day too

Jun 21, 2020, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: 88 is spitting fire today! ]

Replacing the clock spring on one Land Rover. Cleaning the climate control fan speed switch contacts on son’s Land Rover. Then going across the street to help friends son extract a broken valve cover bolt. I loaned him my torque wrench but he trusted the wrong tightening specs on the Internet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got a good car repair Father’s Day too

Jun 21, 2020, 12:30 PM

I love the small stuff. I enjoyed rebuilding the climate control unit and the cruse control more than anything else. I enjoyed buying a good soldering station most of all.

When a neighbor needs one of my tools I go over and do the work. When they try to pay me I accuse the of insulting my integrity and they figure out I'm not for hire.

That’s how I usually operate too, but in fairness to me

Jun 21, 2020, 12:39 PM

This weekend I had already done most of the work on replacing his radiator, and degreasing the valve cover and scraping the mating surfaces. Figured he could button it up no sweat. That’s what I get for thinking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I could afford...

Jun 21, 2020, 3:12 PM

to live next door to you. Imagine the chit we could do. I could hand you tools, the right tool every time you asked. Most of the time you wouldn't have to ask.

We could conquer the world.

Re: I wish I could afford...

Jun 21, 2020, 11:38 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 362
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic