Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
7 Reasons NOT to Pull for Clemson per Coot writer FoxSports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

7 Reasons NOT to Pull for Clemson per Coot writer FoxSports

Jan 10, 2016, 7:37 PM

Kenley Young is a college football editor and digital content producer for FOXSports.com. He is married to a Clemson fan and may well live to regret this post. Follow him on Twitter @kenleyyoung.

No, by far the hardest pill to swallow for Gamecock fans this season has been witnessing the rise of in-state arch-rival Clemson --?? undefeated, and playing for both a national championship and a chance at the first 15-0 record in FBS history.

We are a captive audience to a man-child named Dabo and his bewildering Swinney-isms. We are at once helpless, affronted, aghast.

1. CLEMSON WORSHIPS A ROCK That's borderline NSFW. And also ridiculous.

2. CLEMSON HAS HELP RUNNING DOWN THAT HILL And do you know what part of this ritual you don't see on TV? The "breathtaking" first stage, where Clemson players climb aboard buses for a farcical two-minute ride all the way to ... the other side of their own stadium -- so they can run down a hill that they presumably could have walked to in the first place. Overrated.

3. CLEMSON PROPAGATES DREADFUL FASHION Actually, this isn't quite fair. If you can make orange-and-purple overalls seem fashion-forward, or if you still have Halloween decorations dangling from your gutter in January, then perhaps Clemson is for you after all.

4. CLEMSON PLAYS FOOTBALL IN A CEMETERY Speaking of Halloween, the Tigers have nicknamed their stadium "Death Valley" (it allegedly was built next to a literal graveyard, but more on that later), and they erect creepy tombstones on its grounds with epitaphs that celebrate every big victory.

CLEMSON IS A GHOST TOWN There's a "downtown" area (two full blocks!), a train depot and a reservoir --all the elements of a bustling 1885 frontier outpost.

6. CLEMSON DEFACES CURRENCY they buy up bunches of $2 bills, stamp them with the Tiger paw logo

7. CLEMSON LACKS ITS OWN IDENTITY Oh, they're the "Tigers?" How original. Might as well have picked the "Bulldogs," or the "Toyota Priuses." Hell, they're not even the most recognizable Tigers in their own region of the country. Oh, and they play in "Death Valley?" California had it first, LSU's done it better

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/clemson-tigers-alabama-crimson-tide-reasons-not-to-cheer-national-title-game-011016

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This NC run could actually kill......

Jan 10, 2016, 7:46 PM

some of these Coots. It's reaching critical stages.

Re: 7 Reasons NOT to Pull for Clemson per Coot writer FoxSports

Jan 10, 2016, 7:47 PM

LOL stupid Coots smh

8. Coots are butthurt jealous hind teat suckers.***

Jan 10, 2016, 7:52 PM

Re: Typical coot! Can come up with

Jan 10, 2016, 7:59 PM

7 good reasons not to pull for Clemson, But can't think of one good reason TO pull for their own! Lol those sorry garnet colored trashbags lol!

Jan 10, 2016, 8:03 PM

Tell him to go watch a wimen's basketball game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "man" who wrote this is named Kenley?

Jan 10, 2016, 8:07 PM

That makes sense actually.

that is the most...

Jan 10, 2016, 8:11 PM

envious post I have ever read. And on top of that, it reads as if written by a 5th grader

Re: 7 Reasons NOT to Pull for USuCk per me

Jan 10, 2016, 8:22 PM

1. They are historically one of the WORST programs in college football

2. Their mascot is a chicken

3. Their stadium is built around lovely scenery, such as abandoned warehouses and the ghetto

4. They have destroyed the career of multiple HOF coaches

5. 0-21 streak

6. A massive inferiority complex to their rival

7. Their rival has won more games against their conference than they have.

worst "flagship" university in America

Jan 10, 2016, 9:27 PM

inferior both academically and athletically by another state school founded 90 years after.

Translation: "How is my butt hurt? Let me count the way."

Jan 10, 2016, 8:55 PM

Re: WOW

Jan 10, 2016, 9:01 PM

He totally mised the Oculus factor. The Oculus does not forget.

Jan 10, 2016, 9:04 PM

What a boob

Jan 10, 2016, 9:11 PM

Hi Occulus, while I have you on the line:

During the off season, do you plan to use your awesome powers to destroy that concrete cockaroach down in the midlands? I was thinking you could shoot an orange laser down there or something. I'll hang up and listen.

Tia in advance

Jan 10, 2016, 9:11 PM

Jealous much? I hope his obviously more intelligent Clemson wife explains things to him!

He wrote that to his wife when he heard her talking about...

Jan 10, 2016, 9:26 PM

loving some Clemson D the night after she met me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2016, 9:45 PM

I'll reply to #7. South Carolina was not only not the best Gamecocks in the nation they were not close. The Jacksonville State Gamecocks were runner-up's in FCS. SC already lost to 3 sets of Tigers this year, and if Clemson's mascot had been the Bulldogs, that would have been the 3rd set of Bulldogs they lost to. They did manage to not schedule Miss. St and SC State this year or it would have lost to 2 more Bulldogs!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2016, 1:14 AM

This is cute and hilarious...good perspective from our beloved in-state rivals. Obviously it is in good fun, and my response shall be in the same spirit. This article is the most success they have been able to muster against Clemson football in two years. That being said, specific counterpoints below:
1. Clemson worships a rock. : Not worship. It is called tradition, and you all should give the concept a try.
2. Clemson has help running down that hill : Yes, we ride a bus to the other side. Reason: we have a team full of stars, and they would need to stop often for autographs, making them late for kickoff. This is a courtesy to our opponent.
3. Clemson propogates dreadful fashion : Your mascot is a chicken, and garnet makes it look like it is bleeding
4. Clemson plays football in a cemetery : Yes. Our former opponents reside there.
5. Clemson is a ghost town : A student population of roughly 20K and a gameday population of about 250k at times. I question your metrics.
6. Clemson defaces currency : Gamecocks deface houses, cars, property, football...etc.
7. Clemson lacks its own identity : That's real cute. ACC Champions, All In, The Hill, The Rock, BYOG, Death Valley, the Paw, a National Title and a shot at a second...okay, so our mascot is commonplace. At least it is mildly intimidating.

Again, all in good fun. Go Tigers!!!

Jan 11, 2016, 5:54 AM

So, they couldn't find any good reasons to pull against Clemson.

Looks like Clemson does common things in an uncommon way..

Their jealousy is so pathetically sad. USCjr=2nd class.******

Jan 11, 2016, 5:59 AM

Article is "100% Gibberish".****

Jan 11, 2016, 6:15 AM

Jan 11, 2016, 7:34 AM

Come on guys. LOL. Comic relief, and not really much of that. To think someone actually got paid to write that BS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic