Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Jake Venables breaks down his recruiting, his dad and decision timeframe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Jake Venables breaks down his recruiting, his dad and decision timeframe

Oct 29, 2016, 7:01 AM

Jake Venables breaks down his recruiting, his dad and decision timeframe

Jake Venables has three offers to his credit, but more might be on the way as the Central (SC) Daniel product continues to impress on Friday nights. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Jake Venables breaks down his recruiting, his dad and decision timeframe

Oct 29, 2016, 7:33 AM

Dude.... come on a top defense is saying you will be used that alone should be a deciding factor let alone it's your dad

Here's a thought

Oct 29, 2016, 8:45 AM

"I obviously want to go to a school where I have a good relationship with the coach. That's the big thing. I am looking for a place with a good family environment and a good culture. Good coaches that don't treat their players like employees and they actually care about their guys. I am looking for a very good academic school, and a school with a good winning tradition."

Hmmm

It's a shame he didn't mention playing for a school that felt like family. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Jake Venables breaks down his recruiting, his dad and decision timeframe

Oct 29, 2016, 7:40 AM

Clemson or K-State would be excellent choices for what he'S looking for... have a son at K-State (not playing sports) and could not be happier with the environment or education opportunities. And I say that as a die-hard Clemson alum. Only downside to going to K-State is that Bill Snyder won't likely be there to lead that program for Jake's time there. Programs in transition can be tough places.

I can honestly see why a kid wouldn't want to go to

Oct 29, 2016, 7:50 AM

The same school his dad coached at. I have respect for someone like that who wants to be his own man, and not be known as "the coaches kid".

But that's a tough situation for him, not for me, to worry about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can honestly see why a kid wouldn't want to go to

Oct 29, 2016, 12:06 PM

On the other hand, maybe he knows something we don't about where his dad will be coaching in a couple of years. Maybe that is why he is interested in K State?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2016, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Jake Venables breaks down his recruiting, his dad and decision timeframe ]

Unless his dad is the next head coach at K state...

Oct 29, 2016, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Jake Venables breaks down his recruiting, his dad and decision timeframe ]

Unless his dad is the next head coach at K state...

Oct 29, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Jake Venables breaks down his recruiting, his dad and decision timeframe ]

Live here in Kansas not far from k state they have a passionate fan base and the city revolves around the campus and the last part is what worries me...Venables said when he came to Clemson he wanted to be a head coach and was looking to expand his brand so to speak but has the option of being picky and wanting the right situation .....he hasn't been listed with all the coaching vacancies like the Chad but I believe if K State came calling he might strongly consider taking that job....

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he'd go to KState

Nov 1, 2016, 4:46 PM

He's going to want to go somewhere with great facilities and a budget for him to bring in great assistant coaches, preferably in a fertile recruiting ground.

I guarantee you he still talks to Chad Morris, who went to SMU because they promised to commit to football. SMU is building new facilities, has a football support staff almost as big as Clemson's and the Chad even has a helicopter for recruiting. SMU is already vastly improved from when Chad arrived and should really explode next season when transfers Trey Quinn and Rafe Peavey become eligible.

Venables will want a situation similar to or better than Morris's one where he is set up for success rather than trying to beat the odds.

Oct 29, 2016, 7:58 AM

Everything he said he wanted in a School is everything all recruits who committed to Clemson say is the reason they committed.
Plus his Dad is a coach so there is the family environment ....Go Tigers...

Oct 29, 2016, 8:17 AM

Once a Tiger always a Tiger

I hope that Jake picks Clemson so we can be showing him love 20+ years down the road

And Jake should get CVB's agreement

Oct 29, 2016, 8:20 AM

to stay at Clemson at least until he graduates.

I love package deals!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oops-- CBV...***

Oct 29, 2016, 8:21 AM

What is his wgt, hgt, and stats?***

Oct 29, 2016, 9:27 AM

6'2" - 210ish***

Oct 29, 2016, 10:14 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 6'2" - 210ish**Thanks, good for a soph!***

Oct 29, 2016, 11:45 AM

Has anyone seen highlights?

Oct 29, 2016, 9:59 AM

link?

Re: Has anyone seen highlights?

Oct 29, 2016, 10:16 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/videos/_/id/224282/jake-venables

Needs to add some muscle, but looks like he has a ton of potential to me. Nose for the ball, as you'd expect, and not bad in coverage, either.

I've listened to a couple of Daniel games on the radio headed to my sister's house in Sunset (where we stay for the games now), and his name does pop up a lot.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, looks good!***

Oct 29, 2016, 11:49 AM

if he's as bad@$$ as his daddy,

Oct 29, 2016, 10:30 AM

we'd love to have him as a tiger.

Academics, Speed & Being His Own Man

Oct 29, 2016, 4:15 PM

A few thoughts:

- If he's as tough as the old man he can make it anywhere? But how does Jake define "making it"?
- Toughness is unquestioned, and strength can be increased. Speed, not as much. Can he compete with Tre Lamar and Shaq Smith?
- In my unsolicited opinion, there is value in being his own man. Growing away from Mom & Dad just like other kids.
- Does he want to be an NFL player? Or college/NFL coach?
- There is nothing wrong with playing football at an Ivy League school or Vandy, Stanford, Tulane, SMU or other top academic schools. Then circling the wagons to work for Dad's staff in 5 or 6 yrs as a grad asst if coaching is in future.

A lot of variable to consider. Whatever path you choose Jake, good luck and the best to you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic