Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
6-8 Win Football Seasons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

6-8 Win Football Seasons

Mar 7, 2020, 8:46 AM

Would you be ok if our football team was a .500-.700 win team just about every year? The answer is NO!!! We would be calling for his head. Why is basketball any different? I just don't understand those of you still supporting CBB. He seems like a good enough guy, but I know a lot of nice guys that can't coach basketball. I don't like the idea of firing a good man, but we have given him plenty of time and a boatload of money. It's time for a change.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: 6-8 Win Football Seasons

Mar 7, 2020, 8:56 AM

He's done as well as he could do . I wish this team success in the ACC Tournament and going forward .
If the administration decides to start over then I will support that decision and root for the new coach to be successful .
Clemson is the focus , it's no more about an individual for me than what brand of clothing our team puts on .
Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:18 AM

But apparently a lot would.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't feel sorry

Mar 7, 2020, 9:25 AM

Making over $2MM a year kind of has high expectations.

You can live very comfortably on his salary in Clemson and save plenty for rainy days. He could probably not work a day for the rest of his life and not have a need that he couldn't afford. He is set. The only thing that will hurt is his pride and a good bank account helps soothe that pretty fast.

If you ask me, we've had too many rainy days. Time to move on.

What if our football team only went to a bowl every

Mar 7, 2020, 9:38 AM

3-4 years?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It's very dificult to miss a bowl these days

Mar 7, 2020, 12:48 PM

I think 80/130 (62%) FBS teams make a bowl game. 68/353 (19%) D1 basketball teams make the NCAA tournament.

I'm not trying to defend Brownell with this post, but that comparison is kind of apples and oranges.

You are correct.***

Mar 8, 2020, 11:01 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 7, 2020, 9:43 AM

Those people who claim that we're not true Clemson fans because we criticize something about any program is total BS.

When I supported Brownell for 8 of his 10 years at Clemson, people need to realize that many of us are really supporting CLEMSON basketball. It's about the program. For many of us, it's not about 1 coach.

And for 8 years, I've found a way to make excuses for Brownell in hopes for somehow turning things around.

After making excuses for 8 years, I can no longer do that. I feel bad for our fans. Our basketball fans get accused sometimes, but the fact is that the product produced by Brownell has been garbage.

If there was a year when this team should have made a move, it should have been this year. The ACC has not been as strong as it has historically been. BUT Brownell found a way to throw that opportunity away.

It really is time.

And DRad should be held accountable as well.

Mar 7, 2020, 12:31 PM

Nice post.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Mar 8, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: 6-8 Win Football Seasons ]

Well said.
10 years is enough to know what we have and what we don’t. Every year, the supporters bring out a reason to not blame or to give another year. We all want to believe. But after looking at the facts and data, the reality and the hope are not connected.
It was great to beat nc. I might have taken a one win season to get that off our backs. The reality of it is that the UNC team we beat is last place in the acc and the worst nc team in 50 years.
Proud of beating the other 3 top 6 teams.
For me, it is not just this year, it is the body of work. After 10 years, do we really believe CBB can get us to contend for ACC title every few years? If not, then it is probably time for a change.
What he coaches works in mid major conferences. Lots of threes, no inside game. Does not work in big boy conferences - except maybe when you catch lightning in a bottle. Taking transfers every year to build around - does not build unity.
CBB seems like great guy, but I have run out of excuses and hope to actually change our stance. Having a great season should not have a ceiling of finishing 5th in the conference.

Totally Agree.

Mar 8, 2020, 4:07 PM

If 10 years is not enough to form a conclusion, exactly how much time should Clemson give him? I've seen enough.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic