Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
50 years ago today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,852

50 years ago today

May 8, 2020, 4:55 PM

50 years ago today (May 8th, 1970), I graduated from Clemson. I'm now considered a "Golden Tiger"!
Also, proud to be a 50 yr IPTAY member and Alumni Club Donor. Our 50th class reunion has been rescheduled for June 2021 to be held jointly with the Class of '71. Former President Jim Barker is also a graduate from the class of '70. He did an outstanding job as our president.
May there be another football season, 15-0, ACC title, and a National Championship!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 50 years ago today

May 8, 2020, 5:53 PM

I join you in your disappointment in the delay of your Golden Tiger reunion. I graduated in 1950 amd was lokinng forward to coming to Clemson for my 70th class reunion.Our daughter and son from NYC and Delaware were coming down to drive me and Cynthia down for the weekend. Hope to be able to do it next year.

Cynthia and I just celebrated another milestone, our 63rd anniversary.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sincere Congratulations, you two ole farts!

May 8, 2020, 6:30 PM

Just kidding guys! LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sincere Congratulations, you two ole farts!

May 8, 2020, 7:01 PM

Takes one to know one. Just kidding.??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sincere Congratulations, you two ole farts!

May 9, 2020, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Sincere Congratulations, you two ole farts! ]

LBB-the Class of '60 was ready to celebrate their 60th next month, We hope to beable to cocelebrfate belatedly in June '21. Be there as a younger generation, Bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: 50 years ago today ]

WOW, that is an awesome accomplishment, I wasn't born until 1952, meaning that you had already graduated from Clemson for 2 years when I took my first breath of life, and I do congratulate you with my deepest respect tiger kid!!!! I also want to congratulate you with even a much harder accomplishment that most of us men could learn from you Sir, and that is sticking with the same lady in marriage for 63 years. That is something that you and your wife can be very proud of over about anything in y'alls life other than giving life to your children, and the life the two of you have gave them since they were born. I give the two of you my highest of congratulations with great respect for the both of you, just WOW!!!!!! Go Tiger Kid!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2020, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: 50 years ago today ]

Congratulations

May 8, 2020, 7:04 PM

I was looking forward to our 65th reunion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know how you guys feel - 50 years ago I

May 8, 2020, 7:13 PM

missed my 1st 5- year reunion for my high school class as I was in the jungles of Vietnam and am now having our 55th delayed (not quite like a Clemson reunion though).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know how you guys feel - 50 years ago I

May 9, 2020, 12:32 AM

Dittos Clover .... on this day in 1970 my platoon was moving from Tam Ky to Danang. The Beverly Hillbillies didn't have anything on us!

Congratulations from the Class of 90!

May 8, 2020, 7:41 PM

FWIW, my wife was born the day after you graduated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations from the Class of 90!

May 8, 2020, 8:01 PM

2 presents on the same day? Tomorrow?

Message was edited by: clover65®

May 9, 2020, 10:17 AM

Congrats on being a 50 Clemson grad, and that is an accomplishment that every Clemson grad should be very proud of bc, the Clemson administration strives really hard to keep Clemson as one of the top 25 public Universities in the country academically, and here of late, a top 5 FB program of the past 6 years and counting!!!

But it is IMPO that President Barker had a little something to do with our FB program being down during his time as the Clemson University President. But like I said, that is my personal opinion, and it is also IMPO that near the end of President Barker's tenure at Clemson, he began to see that academics and sports could be a good thing hand in hand!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats on a major milestone!

May 9, 2020, 11:03 AM

It will be 25 years for me on Tuesday. Hard to believe.

May 9, 2020, 11:06 AM

Congratulations on your accomplishments. You should be very proud of yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2020, 7:57 AM

56 years for me. And, ironically enough, D-Day, June 6th will be my 56th wedding anniversary.??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Six more years for me to reach that status. I guess right

May 10, 2020, 8:51 AM

now, I am just an "Olden" Tiger. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,852
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic