Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: 5-stars are great, but there's always room for a Hunter Renfrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: 5-stars are great, but there's always room for a Hunter Renfrow

Feb 9, 2016, 11:02 AM

5-stars are great, but there's always room for a Hunter Renfrow

The stars of every recruiting are the ones who have the most stars by their names, but there will always be room at Clemson for the ones who fly just under the radar.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Left out how small Hunter is and how recruiters from major

Feb 9, 2016, 11:08 AM

colleges stayed away from him because of that despite spectacular Socastee MVP career there, where he was as great dual purpose QB and may have not caught a pass? Smaller colleges wanted him badly...GLAD HE WANTED TO PROVE HIMSELF AT CLEMSON AS A WALK-ON RECEIVER!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fortunately for us, he has Clemson pedigree and wanted to be

Feb 9, 2016, 11:10 AM

a tiger. Otherwise he would be tearing it up at Furman, Newberry, PC or something like that as a quarterback. I'm glad he wanted the chance at the big stage. I'm also thankful for guys like Dabo who appreciate work ethic and have a good eye for raw talent.

Re: fortunately for us, he has Clemson pedigree and wanted to be

Feb 9, 2016, 11:27 AM

Yeppers, Hunter could have been eating our DBs lunch in one of those we supposed to beat down games we play at the first of the season. The kid can run routes like a seasoned 5*, and he will draw coverage off other good receivers next year bc they will be watching Hunter pretty close!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I think he would have been a dangerous dual-threat QB

Feb 9, 2016, 11:31 AM

at one of the smaller school and also APP. State, who would have used him in a minute at QB!

Re: Left out how small Hunter is and how recruiters from major

Feb 9, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Left out how small Hunter is and how recruiters from major ]

He deserves that scholarship that was given to him. These coaches knows talent and knows that if these kids are willing to work and learn they can be great or be greater. If they come here realizing that they will need to learn and grow, and not think because of their rankings they don't have to work, then they will get bigger, stronger, and better each time they go to the weight room, the practice field. I am counting on our recruits to shine for Clemson. GO TIGERS!

No doubt!***

Feb 9, 2016, 1:55 PM

Re: New Story: 5-stars are great, but there's always room for a Hunter Renfrow

Feb 9, 2016, 11:18 AM

Awesome story. It shows that under Dabo's leadership, Clemson will always be a quality program with a heart and soul to match.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:27 AM

Just shows that stars don't always tell the whole story. Stars don't measure heart and desire all the time. Dabo & co. have proved this, so I don't worry about wasted Scholarships on folks. Coaches know what they are doing. If you want wasted scholarships look no further than Bellamy & Kelly.

5-star Hunter Renfrow

Feb 9, 2016, 11:28 AM

He proved he's a massive talent that I see playing at the next level. His routes are crisp and he has disceptive speed. Everyone laughed when the play by play guy at the Miami game said he'd leave as clemsons all time receiver. He'll play four years here. Its not that unthinkable.
GO TIGERS !!!

Re: 5-star Hunter Renfrow

Feb 9, 2016, 11:32 AM

What type of classes are Hunter in at school, anybody know?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 2:34 PM

He was in civil engineering but since becoming a big time player he had transferred to business.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to 5-star Hunter Renfrow ]

He is the real deal. I was so very impressed with him in 2015.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll have sneaky stats, like kickers

Feb 9, 2016, 12:23 PM [ in reply to 5-star Hunter Renfrow ]

I'm always shocked to hear that a kicker is the leading scorer for a team, but they are out there getting 1 and 3 points... all the time. If Hunter stays all four years, he'll quietly pick up yardage/points and do very well for himself.

He's gonna have to be a slot guy in the NFL getting the

Feb 9, 2016, 3:00 PM [ in reply to 5-star Hunter Renfrow ]

tough yards over the middle.

Re: 5-stars great,but there's room for a Hunter Renfrow-wish

Feb 9, 2016, 11:33 AM

hoops could come up with one of these type players

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We finally have a coaching staff that DEVELOPS players!!

Feb 9, 2016, 12:12 PM

So many years from West to Bowden we could recruit talent but they never got any better and it was so frustrating to know that talent was sitting right there just waiting for coaching. Not only do we develop talent, we can get more out of our talent than anyone in the country. Saban has had top 3 classes for 9 years straight and we went toe to toe and were 2 plays away from beating the Gold Standard with our mix of 5*, 4*, 3* and walk ons! I absolutely love it even though it still hurts like a kick in the stomach.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Like Stephone Anthony under K. Steele?

Feb 9, 2016, 12:24 PM

Granted he was young, but he didn't really show his talent until Venables took over and coached him up.

Perfect Example! One I could never get over was Rendrick Taylor.

Feb 9, 2016, 2:22 PM

I know he had injuries but the guy was strong as an ox and fast enough to be tailback but for some reason Bowden could never develope him into anything.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Another one from Marlboro County

Feb 9, 2016, 4:48 PM

I dont know what it is but guys from Marlboro county just never seem to pan out. Tymere Zimmerman could catch a gnat in a snow storm. Wish he would have made the grade. Cause he would have been a good one. But look at Syvelle "Thuglife" Newton at Sakerlina, Taylor and Lateek Townsen. Robert Ayers is the only one that comes mind, that lived up to potential.

Re: We finally have a coaching staff that DEVELOPS players!!

Feb 9, 2016, 1:04 PM [ in reply to We finally have a coaching staff that DEVELOPS players!! ]

Hi Cotton Tigger, I agree with what you are saying! However, if you are still hurting from our loss to Alabama, then please consider the following. I don't know if you made the NC Game, but I was fortunate to get a last-minute, chartered flight. It took off at 8AM game day and returned the next day, landing exactly 24 hours later. The pride I carry from that trip is indescribable! Our team give it their all, never quit, and did it with class! After our Tigers respectfully congratulated Alabama and headed towards Clemson's Locker Room, Tiger Nation exploded with applause and cheers for a job well done... the effort and the GUTS! It lasted for quite a while and was truly amazing! I sat beside the tunnel across from Tiger Band, close enough to see that (though a little down) the team appreciated our support! Don't let it hurt; we have a Head Coach, a Staff, a Clemson Tiger Team, and incredible Tiger Fans which are, rest assured, the envy of many! Love it; appreciate it, but don't hurt! As Dabo says, "The best is yet to come!" Go Tigers!

Well said - overall, we played Alabama to the hilt!***

Feb 9, 2016, 1:58 PM

It took their best game of the season to beat us

Feb 9, 2016, 8:07 PM

Bama coached and played a masterful game and we still gave them all they could handle.

On those last few drives, Bama's mighty defense was absolutely gassed. If we'd only had a little more time...

Yes I sure do still hurt from that game. We were so close!

Feb 9, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: We finally have a coaching staff that DEVELOPS players!! ]

We went toe to toe, line of scrimmage to line of scrimmage against the best. I did have a chance to go 2 days before at the last minute but I have too many responsibilities these days to go across the country at the last minute's notice lol.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I've said this over and over.

Feb 9, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to We finally have a coaching staff that DEVELOPS players!! ]

With Bowden the team you saw at the start of the season was all you were going to get. Under Dabo, his teams continue to develop as the season goes on. Not sure exactly why, but is was obvious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Bowden & his staff could never adjust at halftime or once somebody

Feb 9, 2016, 6:27 PM

Figured out how to stop us later in the season. One team would beat us and the rest of the schedule had the blueprint on film.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Renfrow outplayed Artavis down the home stretch ...

Feb 9, 2016, 11:26 PM

This may have been due to Scott's shoulder injury, knee surgery and resulting fear of taking a hit (it is understandable). In any event, a healthy Scott and Renfrow should provide very strong play from slot next season. Meanwhile I would love to see Williams and Cain on the outside - this would really open up the Offense as both can stretch the field and catch the deep ball. The rest of WR's, and there are many good ones, are icing on the cake. Hopefully, some of these WR's can play CB or Safety to help the 2016 Tigers where the team most needs help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, Cain and Williams back to join those two and freshmen!

Feb 9, 2016, 11:45 PM

Defensive coaches are going to go crazy trying to stop TIGERS! Can't wait!

Feb 9, 2016, 11:56 PM

Like others have said, kinda reminds you of Dabo a bit and his football story. I think He's a smart kid, and a great route runner. He'll catch more balls this year as well still amongst the competition, he's a trusted target for #4. Big upside on this kid.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic