Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Direct quote from ND fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Direct quote from ND fan

Dec 15, 2018, 2:47 PM

“ Oh the Clemson team that gave up 500+ yards to Bentley and SC passing the ball and 430 passing yards to TAMU. And struggled with all of their 4 & 5 star talent to put away a Syracuse team with a 4th and 6 conversion with less than 5 minutes to play at home?? ND matches up very well with Clemson...you may not know it having never seen a minute of ND football.... but Swinney and Venables sure do and they are worried. Chris Simms is the prime B/R College football writer and a former College and NFL QB. He has seen ND play a lot...in person and has talked to the team and coaching staff a lot as well. Here's what he thinks....and his opinion and yours are miles apart. Somebody is poorly informed and I doubt that it is Mr Simms. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xIElKCkas&t=138s Let's come back here and compare results on Dec 29th.... Based on the Clemson fans reaction towards their team and Coach Swinney after the SC game where Swinney had to have a few press conferences where he said if this is the type of vicious support he gets from Clemson "fans"...then he's seriously thinking of leaving the program...HUH??? I checked with Coah Kelly and should ND win and there is a lynching party back in Clemson waiting for the team to return... they have agreed to grant Clemson's team and Swinney temporary asylum back at Notre Dame. We'd hate to have anything bad happen to the Clemson team due to stupid Clemson fans..which there appears to be a huge number of.”

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonna be lots of drunk, lugubrious ND

Dec 15, 2018, 3:00 PM

fans crying in their beers about 7:30 on the 29th.

They don't know yet that they suck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dear Chris Simms

Dec 15, 2018, 3:29 PM

You failed to realize that we have depth. Something that ND lacks. You failed to realize that we've played our entire roster for 9 of the 13 games we've played. You failed to mention that there was no noticeable drop off in performance between the first, second, and third teams. You have sorely underestimated the fact that Clemson has yet to really open the playbook. With this three weeks to prepare, we have opened a playbook that we've fully installed throughout the season. I cannot wait to see ND get shut out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Dear Chris Simms

Dec 15, 2018, 3:34 PM

Did he see ND vs Wake and Pitt and Ball State?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Chris Simms

Dec 15, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Dear Chris Simms ]

You failed to realize that we have depth. Something that ND lacks. You failed to realize that we've played our entire roster for 9 of the 13 games we've played. You failed to mention that there was no noticeable drop off in performance between the first, second, and third teams. You have sorely underestimated the fact that Clemson has yet to really open the playbook. With this three weeks to prepare, we have opened a playbook that we've fully installed throughout the season. I cannot wait to see ND get shut out.

I don't think any ND fan thinks we are better than Clemson, just that we have a better than 5% chance that everyone is giving us. As a 12-0 team, I'm not sure that's crazy to think. If you put a gun to my head to predict the result I would say Clemson by 4-10 points.

I think that ND brings a lot better team into this game than people realize and the fact that that I think we have a 40% chance of winning is a testament to our team rather than a slam on a Clemson team, which is loaded with talent at every position.

I would guess his mentioning of the aTm and SoCarolina games were in response to someone saying "Notre Dame will lose worse than they did to Alabama in 2013." He's probably simply stating Clemson is human too. Obviously they have a top 20 pass defense and the best run defense. Nothing will be easy. It's not going to be 38-0 though.

5% chance that everyone is giving you, huh?

Dec 15, 2018, 3:46 PM

Liar.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, angry “disrespected” leper elf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I say...

Dec 15, 2018, 3:49 PM

suit em uP & let’s get this dang game going!

Then, the loser can cry & the winner brag.

Go TiGERS..ROCK!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5% chance that everyone is giving you, huh?

Dec 15, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to 5% chance that everyone is giving you, huh? ]

Liar.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, angry “disrespected” leper elf.

The moneyline is up to -550, which is nearly an 85% chance, and something like 3 out of 50 in the media are picking ND. Every confidence pool I've seen has Clemson at anywhere from 37 to 40 confidence points.

I think some Clemson fans are upset that ND fans think it can even be competitive.

I've had a good experience reading this board and you guys have a very interactive flow of information. Clemson is 1b in college football, not 2. However, it's kind of big to discern between trash talk ("Clemson sucks, we will show them a real team. Blowout") and confidence/pride/not being a doormat ("We are a good team and can make this competive or even win on the right day.")

Dec 15, 2018, 4:42 PM

Betting lines are based on fools and their money, not prognostication.
An almost 30% chance based on metrics is a healthy chance. You don’t need to exaggerate.
But if you want some chip on your shoulder, like Bama did last year, only conference champions should be in the CFP. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 15, 2018, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: 5% chance that everyone is giving you, huh? ]

I mean you no disrespect here, but this game won’t be competitive. ND has nowhere near the depth of talent it will take to compete with Clemson for four quarters. ND reminds me much of BC with a better QB but the same talent & depth otherwise. And this is not a slam on ND, but just a testament of how good Clemson really is. The SCar game was an anomaly because of guys waiting on defensive calls coming in late & getting caught flat-footed. Don’t expect to have that luxury in this game. I predict 49-17 Clemson.

Dec 15, 2018, 6:49 PM

I mean you no disrespect here, but this game won’t be competitive. ND has nowhere near the depth of talent it will take to compete with Clemson for four quarters. ND reminds me much of BC with a better QB but the same talent & depth otherwise. And this is not a slam on ND, but just a testament of how good Clemson really is. The SCar game was an anomaly because of guys waiting on defensive calls coming in late & getting caught flat-footed. Don’t expect to have that luxury in this game. I predict 49-17 Clemson.

If you think we are like BC talent-wise I will respectfully disagree.
Players who have been named 1st team AA by a publication: Center Sam Mustipher, DT Jerry Tillery, LB Te'von Coney, CB Julian Love

2nd Team AA by a publication:
TE Alize Mack, Safety Alohi Gilman.

Additional players named to ESPN's top 50:
QB Ian Book, RB Dexter Williams

Academic Heisman Winner:
Linebacker Drue Tranquill, who many would say is our team most valuable player.

We are not Boston College.

Dec 15, 2018, 7:04 PM

I just don’t think the results on the field will disagree with my assessment. If I’m wrong I’ll definitely take my lumps.

Dec 15, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: 5% chance that everyone is giving you, huh? ]

Hey Gipper, I'm getting a u5c vibe from you. If the Tigers win big it will be a cry of "never again" and if you lose and move the ball along with some yardage, it will be a moral victory. Just think of it this way, if Clemson wins by 1 or 21, ND and their fans are watching CU play for the Natty on the Jan 7th.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 2:18 AM

saddis56 said:

Hey Gipper, I'm getting a u5c vibe from you. If the Tigers win big it will be a cry of "never again" and if you lose and move the ball along with some yardage, it will be a moral victory. Just think of it this way, if Clemson wins by 1 or 21, ND and their fans are watching CU play for the Natty on the Jan 7th.

We aren't coming for moral victories. National Championships are the only ones we can win. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

Dec 16, 2018, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: 5% chance that everyone is giving you, huh? ]

ND fans,

I get the fact your team is 12-0 talented! Yes, you have several AA players which is a strong testament to solid play and I watched the 2015 game in Clemson so I know your team will play hard and likely better than expected.

There are several specific circumstances you have overlooked which your following needs to recognize:

First our entire defensive front came back for one reason - play in another national championship game. Unless we turn over the ball unexpectedly we have a defense the likes of which you haven’t played and we win by keeping you from scoring every drive.

Second our secondary is not unmindful of previous games. We seriously learn from past mistakes. Coach Venables loves scheming for three weeks! While your receivers do present a challenge, expect us to eventually shut down your offense in certain phases.

Finally we have a truly battle tested team from multiple CFP and major game appearances. Comparatively your team hasn’t played the quality of foes we have over the last four/ five seasons. We know how to overcome adversity.

Tiger fans travel and ND fans do too, but get ready for a team which will out run you, out work you, have greater depth and most importantly have a greater desire to push through.

Go Tigers ??!!

Dec 16, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: 5% chance that everyone is giving you, huh? ]

All those things are what OSU, OU, and LSU said. Which day is going to be the day for ND, day after never?

Gip

Dec 15, 2018, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Dear Chris Simms ]

I cannot tell you the arrogant posts I've read from LSU. Oklahoma, Oklahoma again, Ohio St, Ohio St again (31-0 Urban Meyer's only shut out loss in his career), Bama, Bama again, Bama again.

All opposing fans and alums were dead certain that Clemson was about to be crucified. In one game (last year vs. Bama they were right. Clemson had no QB).

2 losses to Bama and the rest were wins. Oklahoma and Ohio St fans were ridiculous in their certainty of wins and one of the four games was competitive. Clemson wins were by large margins which could have been larger - Swinney rarely seeks to run a score up.

That said, ND played Clemson very tough a few years ago and really brought it on the ground and with the talented Will Fuller. This year ND will be much more challenged on the ground. If you guys can keep Book upright for short and mid-range passes, you can compete. And you can never say what will happen - but most programs are surprised when the Clemson Defense arrives, and they are much larger and much faster than the Offense.

As you know, McShay has three D-linemen going in top 12 of draft and 2nd/3rd round DE pick Austin Bryant #7 will bring it. ND O-Line will be busy. In the 2nd Qtr, the Tiger second string DE XT #3 comes in and pace and speed picks up. Opposing QB's start get killed if O-Line is susceptible to rush. Clemson D rarely plays with emotion or goes all out - they cruise except in big games. This is a big game.

It will be interesting. I see three outcomes: 1) Clemson pulls away and wins by ten in 4th Qtr, 2) Clemson starts early and hammers ND Offense and hits multiple big chunk plays on Offense enroute to 20 point halftime lead which they try to sit on in 2nd half (Dabo likes to go conservative play with fire) and 3) ND brings it like several years ago and it could go either way. Certainly option 3 is what Golden Domers want - to somehow win with higher football IQ and turnovers. I would not count on the higher football IQ existing or helping. But pulling for an injury-free and fair game.

But that's why they play the game - thanks for your classy posts. Take care Gip!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outcome 3) ND brings it?

Dec 15, 2018, 5:33 PM

Like in 2015?
We were up 14-3 at the half and up 21-3 going into the 4th quarter. ND couldn’t do anything.
Our conservative play once we thought we had it wrapped up is what made it close. Played not to lose, which made it interesting to say the least.

If 2015 is what you mean by several years ago (I can’t tell), that’s more like outcome 2) to be honest.

Re: Gip

Dec 16, 2018, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Gip ]

Blue chip ratio-51%, theory a minimum of 50% of NChampion's 85 man roster must be 4&5 stars(believe they use 24/7composite); believe it has held as far back the #'s were compiled-

The Cotton Bowl will be a game.

Dec 15, 2018, 3:58 PM

I'm looking forward to the game and I expect the Tigers to play well.

If our DL can get to Bok, it will help us a lot. If our DBs can cover the big ND wide receivers, it will help us. If we can score, it will help us.

Our two teams have 4 common opponents

Wake Forest........ND....56-27.......Clemson 63-3
Pitt...............ND....19-14.......Clemson 42-10
FSU................ND....42-13.......Clemson 59-10
'Cuse..............ND....36-3........Clemson 27-23

We played 3 of them better than ND played them. 'Cuse is the one case where ND looked better than Clemson vs a common opponent.

Vegas.....ND + 12 vs Clemson

I'll be happy with any sort of W.

Re: The Cotton Bowl will be a game.

Dec 15, 2018, 4:32 PM

I will also be happy with any W. But didn’t Syracuse quarterback leave the game early due to injury? Didn’t see it but I thought I read that. If that’s the case it’s not the same team. Dungey was everything to Syracuse. We crushed them a couple years ago when he left in the first quarter. Go Tigers! Rudy was, in fact, offsides.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be a close game until kick off

Dec 15, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to The Cotton Bowl will be a game. ]

#ByeWeek

It's Cute that they think they have a chance.

Dec 15, 2018, 4:39 PM

#ByeWeek

That fan sounds like a fan. How dare that fan be confident***

Dec 15, 2018, 4:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That fan sounds like a fan. How dare that fan be confident***

Dec 16, 2018, 7:50 AM

I know, right; the ND fan drained what little humility remained, out of here.

He ended his last sentence in "of"

Dec 15, 2018, 5:00 PM

bg;dr

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

whats the lead singer of Coldplay know about football?

Dec 15, 2018, 5:04 PM

Nm

Re: Direct quote from ND fan

Dec 15, 2018, 5:45 PM

Out of half a million fans, you know there will be a few stupid ones.

Dec 15, 2018, 5:47 PM

1. This idiot obviously never watched Dabo's press conference.

2. Remember the game in the rain? You know, the game where it only rained on ND players.

3. This isn't gonna be close, folks. Dabo will have this team lathered up for this one. We win by 3 tds.

Most Domer "fans" outside the Chicago area never watch a down of ND football until they are GIFTED a playoff spot or NC appearance back in the BCS era. Biggest bandwagoners on the planet.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Dec 15, 2018, 6:05 PM

So ND fans are in that group that waits until the final gun of a championship game and IMMEDIATELY goes online to buy a cap and a jersey of the CHAMPIONSHIP team so he can Peacock around until the NEXT Championship is declared... I.E. "Sportsholes"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Dec 15, 2018, 6:10 PM

Dec 16, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Direct quote from ND fan ]

Nailed it w/ bandwagon fans comment. Much of the nation wide ND fan base is a legion of front-runners who would proudly proclaim Duke is their team when it comes to basketball. Oblivious.

Dec 16, 2018, 12:37 PM

AT&T Statdium holds 105,000 with standing room. How many ND fans will say they were there after the loss?

Dec 15, 2018, 5:57 PM

Venables may do a lot of things during a loooooong day.... But "WORRYING" about ND has got to be way down the list...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 6:22 PM

this was posted Nov 20th, before the last game of the season or the ACCCG.... why are we talking about an ND fans comments in Nov?

We cant look past ND, they are a good football team, they have talent and they won 12 games. We better focus on them, IMHO we have better talent but it has to show up. TL and the other freshman are lucky that he is surrounded by a bunch of folks who have been there done that when it comes to playing in the national spotlight... thats to our advantage. Saw somewhere that #42 was getting on ETN at an awards show to keep working out, don't slack off... can't buy that kind of mentorship ....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 7:15 PM

Actually the quote was posted today in response to a post that I committed on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic