Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 Ways Clemson Beats AL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,542

5 Ways Clemson Beats AL

Jan 2, 2017, 1:53 AM

We know we have the solidified, 2 time Davie Obrien and 2x Heisman finalist ( winner in my book )
best quarterback in the nation. There isn't a team in the country that wouldn't want DW4 signal calling at the helm, and that includes Alabama too. Congratulations to the entire Tiger Team and staff on a Big Win against Ohio State. While they say this years' AL defense is more ferocious than last years, Watson and This Clemson Team has wanted things to end up now just the way the are.

5 Ways:

1. Best QB in the nation- C'mon, Saban knows what He's up against. Watson may throw a pick, it's almost inevitable against the highest level of completion. However, Watson himself has the resolve to get right back in there and score 3 touchdowns for his team. Jalen Hurts, while He has some great young attributes, will get too see what a " next level " quarterback " plays like. He will be a student on game night, not a force.

2. Defense has the capability of stuffing the run and getting after the passer. Clelin Ferrell, yes, I'll take 4 Clelin Ferrels please, along with the rest of the D-Line against AL Guard. They are Big, But Clemson is Big- And Fast- in multiple position's. While Allen get's all the talk- and He is fast , He's backed by a sturdy but a little less athletic D-Line than the Clemson's Just being honest. Their linebacker play is what makes them dangerous. They take away the balls, strip sack and then run it to the house, as well as the big guys. Ball security is going to have to be a high priority. However.... With The Nations' best QB that has seen an " All Time " Bama defense before, knows how to play on the run, Alabama will have a much different task at hand holding Watson than they did Browning. That's just a fact. Watson will just simply have to outscore them. If He throws a pick, He will throw 2 touchdowns to match it. As Far as our defense, yea, Venables will have a scheme, especially since He was instrumental and the mastermind behind shutting down a " runner first " quarterback" Which is what Jalen Hurts is. Keep pressure on Hurts, and He will make mistakes.
He may try to make a throw downfiled with enough time, but so many orange jerseys will be in his face He'll hope it hit's his target, with 50/50 Tankersley comes up with, as well others.
3. Double coverage all night on BO Scarborough, and players like Joseph and Ferrell with the D-Line living in the Alabama backfield to have some take aways of their own. I mean, we're at Championship football. These Big boys know How to score touchdowns too. My opinion, The Run will be what we are after stopping all night, just as Coach Petersen said, " they like to run the ball. They will try to win in " old fashioned " Saban ' pound the ball. Clemson is deeper this year, if that's the way they want to play, Clemson should be poised.

4. Dominate The Line of Scrimmage. As Dabo says " This team is built in the trenches". Goes back to defense. Play aggressive like Clemson did against Ohio State, then Alabama boys will have all they can handle. Also, Al secondary is it's weakest link, Watson will throw to his myriad of weapons all night long as well as run also- He'll have to.

5. Establish the run, and commit to it. Gallman, Watson, Fuller, Whatever it takes, keep AL on it's heals, opens up lanes and deep routes. We've seen the most balance attack all year against Ohio State, which we know can take away the ball and score. However, they didn't. Watson will have to outsmart the defense, which He will get done. Go ahead Vegas, call The Tiger's underdogs. They wouldn't have it any other way to bring home the trophy.

A Tech

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 Ways Clemson Beats AL

Jan 2, 2017, 6:59 AM

Run the ball outside of the tackles against Bama and we will have success with the ground game..I say we win 31-0

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 7:04 AM

Exactly, Washington had success on the perimeter but continued forcing downfield throws and play action passes. That is what Bama Ds are built for.

Spread it out hit 7 with quick outs and slants, then go to Cain deep in 3rd and 4 q when their legs are tired.

Jan 2, 2017, 7:14 AM

Yes....and we did it well against a defense that only gave up two outside the tackle touchdowns the entire season before us...we had three against them in one night...I could tell that their defense was actually good but having such a pitiful offense just gave them no chance...our d line is way too dominate and we have way too much speed for the B1G.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 8:09 AM

Watch the film of the Ole Miss game. They should've won that game. Hugh Freeze has their number. Swag have it to Bama with his turnovers.

Re: 5 Ways Clemson Beats AL... Hope they don't beat me up

Jan 2, 2017, 7:37 AM

too bad, i'm getting older - mid fifties. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First things first.

Jan 2, 2017, 7:49 AM

Washington held Bama to 326 yards of offense and 24 points. Our defense is at least that good. If we take care of the ball as well as we did against OSU we'll beat Bama by three scores. If not we'll squeak by with four to five hundred yards and win by double digits.

Personally, I think our coaches, after spending all year beating the heck out of our players by manufacturing 'adversity,' they've finally allowed a good gameplan to show up on the field.

The fact is that Alabama can not prepare for our offense. They lack wide receivers to simulate our offense but more than that they lack a quarterback. They can call all the quarterbacks in their history and none can reproduce our option read. Without that Saban will have to resort to using trick plays.

Dabo has made it quite clear that our entire season was designed for this game, against this team. He's watched Alabama like a hawk all season, tracking Bama's every play and making plans to take them down. He and our team, unbeknownst to the players, have prepared for Alabama everyday. We've seen everything they have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going with, score more points?

Jan 2, 2017, 8:39 AM

nm

I'm going with, score more points?

Jan 2, 2017, 9:03 AM

nm

Re: They will outscore them

Jan 3, 2017, 1:24 AM

bluemtntiger, yea, nm

Outscore them on Offense and Defense. Interesting to see what changes if any Sark has with play calling, still a liability at QB with Hurts ( passing for 5 yards ) against UW. Our secondary is just as good as theirs according to draft boards. Clelin lives in Hurts backfield all night - kid can't throw past 30 yards accurately then Tankersley picks Him off. Clemson will have defensive TD as well I believe, Dabo will make that a priority- I hope, secondary is Alabama's weakest link. Enough throws to Renfrow, Williams, Leggit, Cain and so on. Even with say, 2 turnovers - that they even convert. Watson will respond with 3 touchdowns to match then overmatch the score to go out with His final win.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,542
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic