Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 Reasons SC Renews a Streak Against Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

5 Reasons SC Renews a Streak Against Clemson

Aug 13, 2016, 9:48 PM

This is an article from a South Carolina fan/writer (of sorts).

http://gamecocksgloryroad.com/index.php/2016/07/25/5-reasons-2016-will-see-renewed-streak-clemson/

Posted solely because it's almost football season and everybody needs a good laugh, right?

It's mind-boggling that he may actually believe what he wrote.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the synopsis

Aug 13, 2016, 9:52 PM

Rather not skew his hit data

Beware of Brain Death

Aug 14, 2016, 3:09 AM

Here we go -
Coots have an awesome QB
Coots love being underdogs aka element of surprise
Muschamp is a genius
Muschamp is a 'defensive prodigy'
Clemson is arrogant aka can't handle pressure

I won't bother to contradict his points

I'll let this guy do my talking:
I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a Clemson man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerely, Hatchet Jack.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

They have truly lost it***

Aug 13, 2016, 10:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THis is the kind of stuff they said before the 5 year streak

Aug 13, 2016, 10:25 PM

. They are back to being Coots.

When did they have it?

Aug 14, 2016, 12:04 AM [ in reply to They have truly lost it*** ]

nm

They have been on a QUEST since inception - THIS IS THEIR

Aug 14, 2016, 7:43 AM

YEAR !!!!

RTFLMAO

null

I may believe this is they had success against Clemson more

Aug 13, 2016, 10:20 PM

than one period of time in 100 years. Fools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 Reasons SC Renews a Streak Against Clemson

Aug 13, 2016, 10:26 PM

Maybe in another four years at the earliest when we visit WB will they actually have a somewhat reasonable chance of keeping matters close. Injuries, draft or academic losses might factor into the competitive nature of the rivalry, but FORGET this year!

The idiot writer obviously did not even consider where the game takes place, DEATH VALLEY!
Enough said.

Go Tigers! Kick butt!

Aug 13, 2016, 10:28 PM

Woah those were some interesting conclusions... Summary: 1) USuCk will start a dual threat QB 2) Boom is a god 3) defense wins games and boom is a defense master 4) element of surprise cause everyone thinks the chickens are terrible and 5) Clemson is awesome so we will fall hard.

if only our D got to practice against a dual-threat QB, we'd have a chance.

Aug 14, 2016, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The delusion is skrong with this coot lol***

Aug 13, 2016, 10:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: The delusion is skrong with this coot lol***

Aug 13, 2016, 10:33 PM

I'm telling you, there is no cure for this level of delusion. He just may be the only one on the planet that believes what he wrote. No two, Korncoot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow - the element of surprise

Aug 13, 2016, 10:33 PM

they are ####### drunk and stupid.

null

That is a powerfully ignorant human being

Aug 13, 2016, 10:54 PM

that wrote that article.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I aree with most of this. Coots will renew their streak of

Aug 13, 2016, 10:56 PM

losing to us, 2L going on 3. Most points in the article are a positive, for us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

light years ahead of lmfao***

Aug 13, 2016, 10:58 PM

Gamecock Glory Hole?***

Aug 13, 2016, 11:18 PM

Aug 13, 2016, 11:20 PM

WOW! Sounds he is smoking the good stuff. No other explanation.

Well, they had to write something.***

Aug 14, 2016, 12:01 AM

C & P, you know if ya don't wanna help his page clicks

Aug 14, 2016, 12:01 AM

5 Reasons Why 2016 Will See a Renewed Streak on Clemson
Will 2016 see a renewed streak in the Palmetto Bowl?

By Ryan Fleming - July 25, 2016 0 11892
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Stop any given Gamecock fan on the street and ask of them, what do they hope their Gamecocks will accomplish this coming season? Sure, a handful might answer “win the division/conference/national championship,” but the vast majority will tell you this simple answer: “Beat Clemson!”

A huge part of being a fan of the garnet and black is hating the orange and purple. You truly can’t have one without the other. It’s a law of football fanhood physics, of sorts.

Since South Carolina put the smackdown on Clemson for a straight five years, we thought it would be more than appropriate and fitting to name five reasons why we can reasonably expect our Gamecocks to begin a renewed streak this November.

5. A Solid Dual-Threat Quarterback

While this season’s starting quarterback isn’t quite yet set in stone, all signs and indications are pointing straight at Brandon McIlwain to lead the team this year. It may not be mere coincidence that each win over Clemson during the ’09-’13 streak was lead by a mobile Gamecock signal caller. Stephen Garcia and his successor Connor Shaw knew how to light up Clemson defenses through the air as well as on the ground.

McIlwain is the perfect fit for Muschamp’s offense. Barring an injury, there’s no reason he shouldn’t start this season. Better yet, there’s no reason why he shouldn’t lead his team to the first victory in a renewed streak over their hated rivals from upstate.

4. Coach Will “Boom” Muschamp

The hiring of a second consecutive ex-Florida coach in Muschamp is the primary reason for South Carolina righting the foundering recruiting ship. Thanks to Muschamp’s arrival, USC was able to snag a few top-notch recruits for the 2016 class, and is in the process of building quite the formidable 2017 team.

Coach Muschamp is a defensive prodigy, no one is disputing that. We must recall that defenses win games, especially in southern football teams. Defensive shootouts are the norm in the SEC and southern ACC, and Muschamp is the Sun Tzu of defense.

Which brings us to …

3. A Capable Defense

Not only did South Carolina have a superstar under center during each game of The Streak, USC also was stacked on the defensive side of the ball.

Melvin Ingram, Jadaveon Clowney, Kelcy Quarles, and many others didn’t give an inch during each and every one of those Tiger takedowns. When the defense left, so did the W’s.

As was stated above, Muschamp is a genius when it comes to defenses. He’s added several playmakers on defense, and will know how to coach up the talent already on our roster.

2. The Element of Surprise

If you’re a fan of any other team besides the South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks, chances are good that you’re quite frankly not expecting a lot out of them in 2016. Honestly, why should you? The Gamecocks went 3-9 last season, including a stunning upset at home to the Citadel Bulldogs, an FCS school.

South Carolina thrives as underdogs. It’s what helped the Gamecocks in upsetting top-ranked Alabama back in 2010, the Georgia Bulldogs in 2012, and, although a bit late, against Missouri in 2013. Go right on ahead and count South Carolina out, we like it that way.

1. Clemson’s Recent Success

I can hear it now. “Say whaaaa?!?!” You all are most likely thinking. How on earth and heaven does Clemson putting the Crimson Tide on the ropes in the national championship work in USC’s favor?

It couples quite nearly perfectly with the element of surprise from underdog South Carolina. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Expectations are soaring in Clemson, and they aren’t used to such extreme pressure. For this reason alone, I expect Clemson to crack and choke in several games this season, the Palmetto Bowl being one of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those people are beyond pathetic and

Aug 14, 2016, 12:08 AM

its not a recent development

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$5 says the OP is the author of that

Aug 14, 2016, 12:18 AM

crap and just posted it here to get hits.

very very likely, I'd think...***

Aug 14, 2016, 12:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roll Chicken Es eh see

Aug 14, 2016, 8:06 AM [ in reply to C & P, you know if ya don't wanna help his page clicks ]

They caught us sleeping with their recruiting an all!!

LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

What the heck is a "defensive shootout"?

Aug 14, 2016, 2:19 AM

Never heard of such, ever. *scratches head*

Re: What the heck is a "defensive shootout"?

Aug 14, 2016, 3:04 AM

Grammar fail on your part.

It would be "an FCS" not "a FCS"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Is that all you have? SMH ...***

Aug 14, 2016, 7:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 14, 2016, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: What the heck is a "defensive shootout"? ]

If you are going to correct a grammar mistake, don't forget to put the period at the end of your second sentence. ^_^

Aug 14, 2016, 10:40 AM

also a missing comma too.

Aug 14, 2016, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: What the heck is a "defensive shootout"? ]

I don't really care, I was just laughing at the faux grammar nazi.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Aug 14, 2016, 7:47 AM

Hey ...you gotta hope and dream . Let them walk out on the trailer steps in Eastover and look forward to a day .

DB23

Aug 14, 2016, 8:00 AM

The guy clearly got off his medicine after experiencing "an erection lasting more than 4 hours". But good for us that he did because now it's down to only 4 reasons since he took "the element of surprise" off the table by warning us! I for one am VERY VERY skeered.......and I know for a fact so are Deshaun and Tay, and Mike and Wayne and the O Line and Christian and Dexter and Carlos and Clelin and Cordrea and Ben.......and most of all, CDS and all his assistants. Cancel the game and bring back The Citadel.....at least we'll have a fighting chance against them. There used to be entire hospitals for folks like this guy.....now shuttered because of Obamacare.

I really enjoy it when....

Aug 14, 2016, 9:42 AM

they continue to set themselves up for even more disappointment.

Bless their deluded little chicken hearts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Really, really...

Aug 14, 2016, 9:58 AM

Coot writers are going build them up, what ever means nessicary.

I don't get it, how so many ppl on here CARE about that stuff.

Season is getting ready to start and we're wrapped up in that "THEY"
think.

Re: Really, really...it will be

Aug 14, 2016, 10:16 AM
WM SC.jpg(120.6 K)

This!

Re: Really, really...

Aug 14, 2016, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Really, really... ]

Isn't it part of the fun? To laugh at such nonsense?

Aug 14, 2016, 10:42 AM

I thought there was really only one reason ever....

1. SEC

Might want to sneak up on Varderbilt 1st***

Aug 14, 2016, 11:45 AM

NM

Datum, that is pathetic***

Aug 14, 2016, 12:55 PM

Aug 14, 2016, 12:58 PM

Seriously, Reason 4 - Element of Surprise. What surprise I suck 50% less than you thought?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina ain't beating you guys anytime soon

Aug 14, 2016, 2:06 PM

Heck, they'll be lucky to make a bowl in the next two years. Spurrier left a VERY bare cupboard, and then South Carolina had to resort to about its 8th choice for head coach. South Carolina had a fairly good 4-5 year run with a guy who was a legend at Florida. What makes anyone think that a loser at Florida will fare well?

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic