Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 Coots invited to NFL combine. Feaster not among them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

5 Coots invited to NFL combine. Feaster not among them

Feb 7, 2020, 7:22 PM

Great gamble on the transfer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 Coots invited to NFL combine. Feaster not among them

Feb 7, 2020, 8:11 PM

Dowdle got an invite, but not Feaster.

And I think Feaster was their leading rusher on the season, due to Dowdle's injury.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:19 PM

Dowdle was hands down the better back when he was healthy.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:20 PM

Maybe he can play in the XFL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 8:21 PM

Maybe a sore subject, but would we invite him to Pro Day? He is a Clemson graduate. I know many are infuriated with him because he chose SCAR, but the mama in me continues to wish him well and hurt for him that he got such poor advice from someone.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2020, 8:32 AM

I'd like to see us do that !

Feb 8, 2020, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Coots invited to NFL combine. Feaster not among them ]

I'm against it. I think it sets a nasty precedent where you'd need to let all transfers who graduated from Clemson back to attend the pro day. That takes away from those Clemson athletes who stayed at the school.For example, let's say Brice wanted to try to go pro now. Would you want to invite Bryant back knowing that there's a real chance it would steal focus away from Brice? I definitely wouldn't. That's a risk you take when you leave to play at another school.

Besides, Feaster has his own pro day at South Carolina he can attend.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:22 PM

Maybe a sore subject, but would we invite him to Pro Day? He is a Clemson graduate. I know many are infuriated with him because he chose SCAR, but the mama in me continues to wish him well and hurt for him that he got such poor advice from someone.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:57 PM

I think that would be a classy thing to do.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Coots invited to NFL combine. Feaster not among them ]

Not saying it will, but it would not surprise me if this happened.

If Feaster is lucky, he will be in the NFL next

Feb 7, 2020, 10:01 PM

year as a ball boy and wiping down Etienne's balls after he scores touchdowns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, comon man that’s not necessary***

Feb 7, 2020, 11:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 10:05 PM

I understand the logic in his transfer. It just didn't work out. I really believe if he had stayed at Clemson, as the backup he would have gotten more recognition and better opportunities. He's a very talented athlete and I wish him the best. Go Tigers.

Feb 7, 2020, 10:21 PM

Can't blame a kid for wanting an opportunity , and I am perplexed why some folks want to beat him up about transferring ( Coots or not ) .
He was part of our best teams ever , a serious contributor and he never said a disparaging word about Clemson University .. his alma mater .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 8, 2020, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Coots invited to NFL combine. Feaster not among them ]

Have no problem with him transferring....but I have a BIG problem with him transferring to the coots.....a REAL Clemson man just not will do that crap......Go Tigers!!!!!

Feb 9, 2020, 10:47 AM

I agree, but I will wish him well for his future from this point on. I was hoping that his yardage figure had a minus before it last year, but I would like to see him make it to the NFL. It helps that it certainly would not be due to the year with the coots.

I wish Feaster well***

Feb 7, 2020, 10:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 11:23 PM

Nothing wrong to gamble on yourself. It doesn't always pay off, but that is life.

I approve of him gambling on himself

Feb 8, 2020, 6:02 PM

I think gambling on the coots was the problem

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know Feaster burned a lot of bridges just by attending

Feb 8, 2020, 9:08 AM

Coot U, but let's not forget that he has a CLEMSON undergraduate degree, and will always have it. I don't agree with Chris Carter a lot, but he was spot on when talking about situations like Feasters and KBs. He said, "Make a 40 year decision, not a one or two year decision." What he meant by that was exactly what is being exemplified by Chase Brice at the present time. Chase will be welcomed back to Clemson with open arms for the rest of his life because of the way he handled his business. Feaster and KB may someday be welcomed back, but it will take a long, long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing is Feaster could have transferred to Virginia Tech

Feb 8, 2020, 4:18 PM

and probably would have been the number 1 back and made some difference in their season. It sure would have been seen in a lot better light by the majority of Clemson fans. I feel like his destination was motivated a lot by vindictiveness. It turned out very bad for him.

Re: The thing is Feaster could have transferred to Virginia Tech

Feb 8, 2020, 6:21 PM

Vindictiveness? That’s not fair. Tavien made a business decision he thought was in his best interest.

What words did you ever hear him utter which sounded in any way vindictive? Everything I heard was classy, except for the ugly garnet and black he had to wear.

Fair is where you go to ride the Ferris Wheel

Feb 8, 2020, 7:36 PM

and see livestock.

Re: The thing is Feaster could have transferred to Virginia Tech

Feb 9, 2020, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: The thing is Feaster could have transferred to Virginia Tech ]

https://twitter.com/fast_lane28/status/1114995405777985537?lang=en

He entered the portal shortly after making this tweet.

He chose to be a coot for a reason. Name another Clemson player not named Belk to transfer to the coots. It made no sense at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2020, 7:10 PM

He wouldn’t have received a combine invite if he stayed here, either.

He will catch on somewhere as an undrafted free agent and hopefully make a practice squad.

Feb 9, 2020, 7:46 AM

I agree with this. I just don’t see him being drafted, and have felt that way since his first healthy season at Clemson. He’s not physical, plays slow in traffic, and doesn’t seem to have great field vision. I know nothing about him personally, so I can’t say how he’ll do in life, but as far as the NFL I see that as a pipe dream for him.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic