Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5* WR Julian Fleming (Rivals)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

5* WR Julian Fleming (Rivals)

Mar 19, 2019, 9:31 AM

Take Two: Can Clemson lure 5-star WR out of Pennsylvania?

Five-star receiver Julian Fleming had an outstanding visit to Clemson recently. He played basketball with Dabo Swinney. He met with the coaches about how he’d be utilized in the offense.

And Fleming is no dummy about the Tigers: They recruit and produce some of the best receivers in college football and they’re coming off another national championship season. Clemson is definitely a major player in his recruitment.

But the Catawissa (Pa.) Southern Columbia star lives about 90 miles from Penn State’s campus and coach James Franklin has made the nation’s top receiver the biggest priority in this recruiting class. Penn State coaches have been to Fleming’s school as much as possible and he’d be a huge addition for the Nittany Lions.

And Ohio State is absolutely a major contender as well because of the Buckeyes’ overall success, their ability to develop elite receivers and because of Fleming’s relationship with position coach Brian Hartline.

In February, Fleming released a top six of Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Oregon and Penn State. Can the national champions make a serious run at the five-star receiver or will this end up being a Big Ten battle?

FIRST TAKE: Adam Friedman, Mid-Atlantic analyst
“I buy the hype that Clemson really put themselves in the conversation with Penn State and Ohio State for Fleming, but I’m not going to go as far as to say they’re in the lead. Penn State still has that really good footing with him and Ohio State is right there.

"Fleming’s relationship with Hartline at Ohio State is tremendous and I think he’s really excited about the direction of that program. He wants to make sure new coach Ryan Day can keep the ship going the right way come the fall.”

SECOND TAKE: Mike Farrell, Rivals.com
“He’s in Big Ten country and he’s been linked to Penn State more than any other program. Ohio State is up there as well.

"Clemson went to California and got Joseph Ngata last year. They went into Alabama and got Justyn Ross. So they can go anywhere and get wide receivers. I just think it’s a situation of whether Fleming wants to go that far away from home and the comfort level there. He had a great visit, Clemson is Wide Receiver U. when it comes to recruiting lately so they have a chance, but it’s probably an outside chance.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-can-clemson-lure-5-star-wr-out-of-pennsylvania-

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know it’s not a given to get DJU but I hope we get him and it could really help

Mar 19, 2019, 9:44 AM

Our case if he committed at the Spring Game. Would allow him to have others know they are coming to play with him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5* WR Julian Fleming (Rivals)

Mar 19, 2019, 9:46 AM

Doesn't sound as promising as I'd hoped :( sure would help if DJ would commit soon. What WR doesn't want to play with the best QB?

And remember, Buckies have that new hot-shot #1 QB from UGa who can throw & run..

Mar 19, 2019, 10:18 AM

and Fleming would be a prime target.

Saying, if not to Clemson I predict OHst “over” Penn St.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U mean the kid that couldn't learn the 3 page UGA playbook ?

Mar 19, 2019, 10:23 AM

LOL

Mar 19, 2019, 10:25 AM

This hopefully will not be another classic case of choosing your school by fandom....If he goes to Penn State then he better roll the camera and fire up the jugs machine because that's where his highlight reel will be...They literally do not have a viable QB and aren't projected to get one...At worse, he needs to tell that annoying MFer Franklin to pi$$ off and stop coming to my school and commit to Ohio St....If he doesn't want to come here

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 19, 2019, 12:05 PM

Let me see. #1 2020 receiver Flemming's major choices - who would you pick?

Clemson - Has TL, the #1 and Junior QB with one possibly 2 Natty wins when Fleming gets to Clemson. Gets to play at least one year with him and possibly the #1 2020 QB coming in.

OSU - A new coach and QB that are unproven. Flemming can have a season to see whether the coach is good and Field's is a passer or a runner, if he wants to wait that long.

PSU - Who's going to throw it to him?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 12:14 PM

Hope this isn't a sign

His tweets seem to indicate he is Ohio State bound***

Mar 19, 2019, 1:50 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive