Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3am on Monday the 10th and I can't sleep
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

3am on Monday the 10th and I can't sleep

Jul 10, 2017, 3:48 AM

160 hours ago I began my first of six scheduled chemo treatments, one every three weeks. Having the "hard port' for them to hook up to makes it easy for the technicians and also on me. The placement of the port was not too bad, in fact he walked me through the entire procedure and I did not have any pain whatsoever.
Tuesday, Wednesday and most of Thursday was good, BUT....I could feel a distinct change going though me. It was like my mind telling my body you need to do this to accommodate Sandy and the Family. My body started telling my mind that you are running out of gas and the next filling station, you're gonna be pushed to it. Thursday night, Friday and on into Saturday morning I didn't want to do jack squat. Jeremy thought we needed time away so he got us Jersey Boys Tix for Belk Center Charlotte. We were also going to go visit good friends on Lake Norman and convince them to get two tix so we four would see it.
After they bought two, I pooped out twice in bed and finally told them I'd like to go home. I was as weak as a linen rag lying on a countertop, and had started eome serious coughing.
Loaded car back up and headed home, coughing and a mild but serious temperature. Ended up at Gastona ER for three hours blood work checked. and sent home to REST.

TRying to please every one ended up being more of a hassle to my wonderful friends. They have stuck beside us for 40+ years and are wonderful. We did find takers for our tix and they also know our friends.

Dealing with a serious disease such as I have,Sandy and Jeremy EMPHATICALLY told me to let my true feelings out. If I'm sick, I don't need to participate. Doing that is kindness to all concerned and shows you do care. We were at their lake house all afternoon, and I spent almost four hours on the bed because the chemo had drained all the energy from me. Should have never loaded up.

I learned a very valuable lesson this past week-end. If you are sick and can't cut the mustard, take care of yourself(REST) and wait on the next opportunity to come along.

We'll let you know how we fare this week--Week 2

Ron and Sandy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you!***

Jul 10, 2017, 4:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Praying for you!***

Jul 10, 2017, 6:39 AM

I am going to stop for a moment to send a prayer your way.

Re: Praying for you!***

Jul 10, 2017, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Praying for you!*** ]

Praying for you and your family my tiger friend. Makes my little heart ordeal over the last two weeks. Godspeed my friend. We're all here for you!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there

Jul 10, 2017, 4:59 AM

Stay strong

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Prayers sent for you and your family.

Jul 10, 2017, 6:39 AM

Gods plan is perfect even if we can't comprehend it. Stay strong.

Re: 3am on Monday the 10th and I can't sleep

Jul 10, 2017, 6:40 AM

Praying for you brother. Keep fighting!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there 71PR. You are in our prayers! Get your rest

Jul 10, 2017, 7:02 AM

and come out swinging!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our thoughts and prayers are with you 71.***

Jul 10, 2017, 7:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for perspective

Jul 10, 2017, 7:17 AM

My complaints on life seem petty and I often forget what's important. Prayers are with you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Took the words out of my mouth.^^^

Jul 10, 2017, 8:16 AM

It may be cliche, but,
One day at a time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 10, 2017, 7:25 AM

Thanks for sharing. You will be in my prayers....by the way, Jersey Boys was good Friday night, but ended way too late. Didn't get to bed until midnight. You made the right decision.

He only loads the wagon

Jul 10, 2017, 7:28 AM

to those he knows can pull it.
Good thoughts .....your way.

Jul 10, 2017, 7:30 AM

Keep fighting- we all know you can do it. Prayers sent!!!!!

Haven't done it myself but have heard from others who have

Jul 10, 2017, 8:36 AM

that chemo can knock you to your knees in many cases. Just be patient when it does and remember that those around you that you are trying to please do not need to or want to be accommodated by you at this time. They want to be there for you and allow you to recover at whatever pace you need. Rest is important after those procedures. Wishing you the best.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haven't done it myself but have heard from others who have

Jul 10, 2017, 9:09 AM

Stay strong and May God Bless.

Prayer sent!

Jul 10, 2017, 11:00 PM

prayers up to you and yours

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jul 10, 2017, 11:08 PM

a prayer up for you and your family

Jul 11, 2017, 1:03 AM

Sometimes you can because you can. Sometimes you can because you have to. Anon.

Either way, we know you can. Prayers to you and your family

Jul 11, 2017, 1:29 AM

We are continually praying for you to have perfect healing from our perfect Abba Father my Daddy and for strength and continued wisdom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 11, 2017, 6:02 AM

Hang in there 71PR, You can do this!!!!! Do what you feel like doing. All your friends love you and want the best for you. So, DON'T PUSH IT!!!!! Many Tiger Prayers!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2017, 7:32 AM

Hang in there. A former farmer told me once "you might give out, but never give up". Praying for you.

Jul 11, 2017, 7:53 AM

Keeping fighting and hang in there! Take care of yourself first and foremost. Try to be a little selfish this one time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2017, 8:45 AM

Great advice from MyFavOrange - now follow the advice !!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2017, 8:10 AM

From a 91PR to 71PR (if I'm understanding your name correctly!) - get well soon and stay strong! Praying for your quick healing and recovery.

Prayers headed your way.

Jul 11, 2017, 9:30 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

thanks for update - thinking about you and family***

Jul 11, 2017, 10:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Prayers sent from Charleston.....

Jul 11, 2017, 11:28 AM

Hang in there my tiger friend....keep trusting in God.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks to all of you and your prayers...

Jul 11, 2017, 11:32 PM

So many times I have put others' interest before myself and my Family. Just keep Sandy, Jeremy, his family and my Sister at the forefront of your prayers(well, I did it again...). We all need that Peace that passes all understanding.

I just want all of you to know that I feel so blessed to have several families in my life-- ours, our church and TNet. We know this is a treatable condition and who knows what the next several months hold--for all of us.

I hope to have a good end of week and next week before my next "cocktail session" on the 24th. It is really nice to know there are no coots working in the infusion suite.

Blessings to all of you.

Ron Wright

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic