Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
24 hours to processed and it hit me......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,879

24 hours to processed and it hit me......

Jan 15, 2020, 12:14 AM

Trevor has been such a blessing but he was dazed and confused after the first few drives in the 3rd qtr and should have been benched to clear his mind he was visibly distraught, confused, etc. I love him but I was yelling at the TV wake up Trevor didn't sense the need last night but today 24 hours later He should have been benched and we should have given Chase a shot Trevor was rattled and that shocked me to the core! Please no thumbs down true through and through Clemson Tiger here just being real and I know he'll bounce back and come back with that chip on his shoulder he was missing in the 3rd & 4th last night problem was he didn't even get hit that much I couldn't believe he was rattled! any feedback without the thumbs down appreciated and GO CU TIGERS! and GOD bless Dabo & the USA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 24 hours to processed and it hit me......

Jan 15, 2020, 12:26 AM

I agree with you... The game last night hinged on Trevor. The rest of the team seemed prepared and ready enough all during the game to win it, but Trevor missed too many throws and left the defense on the field too long in the game.

Jan 15, 2020, 12:27 AM

Not all on Trevor. We got away from the run too early and were forced to go 10-15 yards downfield much too often (ie 2nd & 10, 3rd & 10, etc.). Offensively, we treated LSU like they were Syracuse- too many plays where we rely on guys to out-athlete their man and rely on Trevor to throw darts. We did not run the ball enough and we did not find enough opportunities to get guys in space and check down. It was a poorly called game offensively.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 1:32 AM

one blames Trevor, one blames Elliott, someone else blames defense. Ever consider it's a team game and theirs is better than ours? Really small people that didnt play blaming others. Shame

Jan 15, 2020, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: 24 hours to processed and it hit me...... ]

You nailed it regarding ETN and Dixon. We got away from running the ball and they closed in on Trevor.
Averaging 5+ yards a carry why not run the ball especially after cutting the lead to 3 points.

I would have tried running the ball more before benching

Jan 15, 2020, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: 24 hours to processed and it hit me...... ]

TL. He's had slumps in games and come out shining at the end. Take some pressure off him by running the ball and let him catch his breath. But we didn't do that.

At this point, if you're going to refuse to change your play-calling, might as well bench him. But just running the ball more would have probably helped enough.

Sad to see a team loss ride on one players shoulders as much as this one did. Shame on our coaches. They may have broken our QB worse than even replacing him in the game by letting him take the loss instead of coaching around his bad day.

Next to TL I feel worst for ETN. He was never given the chance to really help TL. I don't see ETN returning at this point. As gaudy as his numbers are, they were built on big chunk plays because he was used as a decoy more than an every-down RB. His stock will be limited in the NFL without that on his resume.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 1:28 AM

sounds as if you needed the head clearing more than Trevor.

Jan 15, 2020, 6:03 AM

It hit me as well. We got beat by the better team.
Sounds more reasonable, logical, and probably more factual than your scenario.
But hey everybody is entitled to his/ her opinion.
So no thumbs down.

U DA's that think coaching moves of the 50's still work

Jan 15, 2020, 7:13 AM

today show how ignorant you are. Stick to coaching little league.

You let a kid work through his struggles.

Jan 15, 2020, 7:19 AM

You bench a kid who isn't doing all he can to perform the task before him or when he gives you that look which says, 'I can't.'

What you're suggesting is exactly what Nick Saban did to Tua last season. Basically, Nick waved the white flag, put a drop of blood in a shark then and sent a son in there to fetch a quarter off the bottom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,879
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic