Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
21 players testing positive is a lot...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

21 players testing positive is a lot...

Jun 20, 2020, 9:24 AM

Don't think there are that many nation wide. Scary and hope this is the last of majority cases. Read this...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29336227/21-clemson-football-players-positive-covid-19-latest-testing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 21 players testing positive is a lot...

Jun 20, 2020, 9:38 AM

It means Covid is everywhere no matter what we do. It means don’t close a #### thing down and let it run it’s course. Which is what should’ve happened instead of shutting our economy down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 20, 2020, 9:46 AM

Really? So we should just let tons of people die regardless, with no attempt to save them. Yeah that sounds real smart. We all know the virus is easily spread but with your logic, we should just exterminate the elderly.

Shutting down the economy might not be the right move but there are no telling how many lives have been saved to this point .

If it saved just 1 life, it was all worth it.

Jun 20, 2020, 10:01 AM

Fixing problems isn't about saving 1 life it's about trying to save that life without effecting 1 other person. It's funny you talk about tons of people dying when almost half of the deaths could have been prevented if crooked Governors in certain states didn't issue orders stating that infected elderly should be kept in nursing homes then incentivising those decisions and issuing other executive orders stating those nursing homes can't be sued by the families of the dead elderly people they sentenced to death. This thung is nothing more than the flu and you can quote the death numbers but like I said below those death numbers have been exaggerated HEAVILY. You take into account the over calculations of people that didn't die from Covid and the assumption and presumption with the tens of thousands of elderly people who died bc of HORRIBLE executive orders you'll find that these shutdowns and lockdowns have been politically motivated. If they would have let this virus take it's natural course of herd immunity not only would we have been done with this months ago but at least half the people dead today WOULD STILL BE ALIVE.

Jun 20, 2020, 10:18 AM

Garbage

False

Jun 20, 2020, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: 21 players testing positive is a lot... ]

"If it saved just 1 life, it was all worth it."

I think most people would disagree with this statement. And the main reason is based on personal liberty and individual freedom. Name your death bringing scenario: Alcohol, Smoking, Seat Belts, UV Exposure, Muscle Cramps While Swimming, Stairs, Motorcycle Riding, etc. In all of those cases, society creates some general guidelines that seem helpful most of the time and help all of the people some of the time. But, we don't create absolute laws to eliminate those threats to human life.

Freedom to remain isolated and, thereby, protected from COVID19 is an excellent individual choice that should be protected. No one should be forced to interact in society.

At the same time, we should not apply universal laws that restrict freedom of movement to all citizens in the hope that we are making all of them immune to harm from disease. Although I think all life is precious, I would never support a position that claimed to be trying to save all lives at the expense of individual liberty.

Jun 20, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: 21 players testing positive is a lot... ]

The death rate continues to decline. Heard immunity. We have more hospital beds available than we did March 1. Those that need to go to the hospital will now be provided adequate care.

The virus is not going away until there is a vaccine so we just have to do our best to be as careful as possible

The number of cases is rising.. Since everything opened

Jun 20, 2020, 1:43 PM

back up Texas, Georgia, South Carolina are among a dozen states have had significant growth of people testing positive with Covid 19. Too many people are acting like everything is back to normal, no masks, and not abiding by social distancing requirements.

We will not be back to normal until a vaccine is tested and approved and everyone is vaccinated. This is probably 15-18 months away.

We may have a vaccine ready for testing before January, but the procedure for providing the vaccine for everyone to receive will take some time.

“We” let people die?

Jun 20, 2020, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: 21 players testing positive is a lot... ]

Rubber bath tubs would save lives.
Banning cigarettes would save a ton of lives.
Close all the fast food joints, save lives.
Helmets in automobiles would save lives.
Max speed limit 55 would save lives.
Force me to wear sunscreen save my life.
No guns. Less deaths.
Cows kill an average of 20 people a year and sharks one. Do we stay away from cows or stay outta the ocean?
Make everybody get a flu vaccination. I get vaccinated every year but I know a lot who don’t.
Why not wear masks during a “regular” flu season, the seasonal flu season kills a lot of people.
I know people will die from COVID today and that’s sad but I also know that 328,000,000 people in the USA will not.
Looks like “we” are already letting people die.
COVID is not as much of a health emergency as it is a political disease.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You act like healthcare and disease exist in a bubble.

Jun 20, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: 21 players testing positive is a lot... ]

You can’t just keep the world shut down until COVID is gone. People need to work, earn a living, support their families, be around others, be happy, and enjoy their lives.

We’ve largely shut down the world’s economy for several months because of this virus. That’s a HUGE sacrifice. That decision, made in the name of public health and saving lives, did significant damage in terms of jobs lost, money lost, and the welfare of millions of people. Was it really worth all that?

I get it, we don’t want people to die. But some will die, whether we require distancing and businesses to close or not. So how about we encourage people to take precautions, especially those who are in the highest risk groups, but leave it up to individuals to decide what’s best for them?

If you disagree, you are against freedom and personal choice. You are also unaware of how the economy works.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Many schools are not providing their data. USofC is

Jun 20, 2020, 9:42 AM

not.

It would appear all of those testing positive at Clemson are a systematic, so they would most likely all be cleared within the next 20-30 days.

Jun 20, 2020, 9:46 AM

Many are asymptomatic. It's also funny that the the CDC came out and said that asymptomatic people weren't spreaders then the very next day said they were. So for people who don't think this thing stinks to high heavens then how do you explain this? Also how do explain how almost half the deaths are due to crooked Governors keeping Covid positive elderly people in nursing homes with the most vulnerable people? Not only that but that these nursing homes were paid something like $5k for each positive case in the nursing homes and that these Governors signed executive orders stating these nursing homes can't be sued. Not to mention the CDC coming out saying that they've probably over counted deaths due to the virus by at least 25% which I think is still low considering they ordered health professionals to presume and assume. You don't hear any of this, why? Not one MSM health professional came out and condemned the protest and riots and actually said that the protest and riots were more important than the virus. Now that most of the protest and riots are over they go right back to saying large groups are dangerous, why? People only know what they learn or are told so I don't blame people for not knowing bc the MSM won't tell you and keeps lying to you but if you're not interested in why they are telling you this when most of what they tell you contradicts what they said just the day before tells me that the truth is just an option to your beliefs and not saying that to anyone in particular just an overall view. I just find what is going on weird and the people who believe it odd because the facts, stats and numbers say something different, but then again we are in a time where facts are seen as racist, misogynist, xenophobic, homophobic and just plain in the way of people's ideology.

Jun 20, 2020, 10:15 AM

Please stop just blaming MSM. Get you news from Reuters and turn off Fox, CNN or any other right or left wing media outlet, They only cater to your world view and are there to maximise profit. You can always find an example somewhere out of the millions of stories to justify your world view and that is what they do and it causes divisions which are truly pointless. We are all on the same team.

Virtually everyone will end up being positive at some point

Jun 20, 2020, 9:59 AM

The people to protect are the elderly and high risk.

Don’t try and get it of course- but almost better to get it and get it over with. Yes, there are some people getting it twice, but rare and it seems to be weaker or less problematic each time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 10:04 AM

I didnt listen to the audio but Dinnich never covers us but then suddenly shes there reporting on this. why the change

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 11:28 AM

Clemson #1 trending sports story on Fox site

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/clemson-athletics-28-positive-coronavirus-cases

Jun 20, 2020, 11:35 AM

Incubation 5 days following the parade, no coincidence

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The key phrase from the report is

Jun 20, 2020, 11:50 AM

"Most of the total cases have been asymptomatic, and none have required hospitalization." That being the case this outbreak appears to be no worse than a cold floating its way around the locker room.

The sky is not falling and I take it as a positive that most of these guys have gotten an asymptomatic instance and are already developing immunity for the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone needs to understand that the-

Jun 20, 2020, 1:23 PM

Testing protocol is not consistent across all CFB programs...

If it were you’d be seeing similar numbers from other programs ....

Re: Everyone needs to understand that the-

Jun 21, 2020, 11:21 AM

Have they determined how many of the infected players marched in the parade so that they can identify their contacts among marchers?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 12:10 PM

Clemson is certainly not alone.....LSU has out Tigers topped.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29339767/sources-large-number-lsu-football-players-placed-quarantine

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic