Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2021 draft top 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

2021 draft top 4

Jan 11, 2019, 10:18 AM

TL, Ross, XT and Carman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2021 draft top 4

Jan 11, 2019, 10:21 AM

Trevor will be in the 2022 draft. Wouldn’t surprise me if some of those others were as well.

Jan 11, 2019, 10:25 AM

TL is ready for the NFL now.

Jan 11, 2019, 10:50 AM

Yes, but maybe he wants to enjoy the full college experience? He will still have 20 years to make about $800M in salary and endorsements, not including whatever investments he makes with that money. One extra year won’t make a difference in the pros and he can maximize his college experience.

Not physically. He still needs to get bigger***

Jan 11, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: 2021 draft top 4 ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a pipe dream***

Jan 11, 2019, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: 2021 draft top 4 ]

Re: That's a pipe dream***

Jan 11, 2019, 10:53 AM

Christian Wilkins and Austin Bryant came back. Why not Trevor?

Re: That's a pipe dream***

Jan 11, 2019, 10:54 AM

Thought you were replying to me. Never mind.

He was, and he's right...it's a pipe dream

Jan 11, 2019, 10:57 AM

Trevor Lawrence is not going to play 4 years in college.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: He was, and he's right...it's a pipe dream

Jan 11, 2019, 11:10 AM

No one has yet to give me a reason why. Just because of money? He will have a 20 year career. Waiting a year won’t matter. Lots of highly rated players came back an extra year.

We will find out in 2 years what he decides to do.

Look, I get it...college is great, Clemson is a family

Jan 11, 2019, 11:26 AM

and so on. After his third year, if he stays healthy he will have at least 1 national championship and most likely 2, and will probably have at least 1 Heisman. Again, IF he stays healthy he will be a lock for the #1 pick in the draft. You say waiting a year won't matter, but a college football player is always one hit away from never getting an NFL paycheck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Look, I get it...college is great, Clemson is a family

Jan 11, 2019, 11:39 AM

The risk for QBs is much lower than any other position. They are protected and don’t rely on speed, especially a pocket passer like TL. Name one college QB who got an injury so severe it ruined his pro career? Even once in the pros, those types of injuries are incredibly rare.

Re: Look, I get it...college is great, Clemson is a family

Jan 11, 2019, 11:45 AM

I think he may leave after 3 years if he has his degree.

Casey Cochran probably had a pro career ahead of him

Jan 11, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Look, I get it...college is great, Clemson is a family ]

before he had to quit due to concussions. But just look at McKenzie Milton this year. Who knows what the future holds for Milton, but if a player is a lock at the 1st pick after 3 years, is it really worth the risk? Especially when Clemson isn't playing 12 or 13 games anymore, we've played in 15 games in 3 of the last 4 years.

Re: Casey Cochran probably had a pro career ahead of him

Jan 11, 2019, 12:15 PM

I think it is, but I also think they should be require to stay all 4 years before going pro. I’m selfish.

He's already being touted as the best QB prospect

Jan 11, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: He was, and he's right...it's a pipe dream ]

since Andrew Luck. He's drawing comparisons to Peyton Manning. People legitimately think he could be the first QB taken in the draft RIGHT NOW. There's a very, very good chance he will be the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft.

The only guy even remotely close to his stature at QB that came back for a SR season was Matt Leinart. And Matt Leinart didn't even play at all his FR year. He also wasn't even close to the NFL prospect that Lawrence is.

Lawrence coming back to start a 4th year at Clemson would be completely unprecedented. Anything can happen so i won't it a 0% chance, but it's definitely in the 0.000001% range.

Re: He's already being touted as the best QB prospect

Jan 11, 2019, 1:08 PM

And Matt Leinart ended up falling back to 10th the next year. Andrew Luck and Manning came back as well so nobody is saying it's impossible that Lawrence comes back. However, it's very rare that players do.

Re: He's already being touted as the best QB prospect

Jan 11, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to He's already being touted as the best QB prospect ]

Peyton Manning was going to be a #1 Overall pick coming out of his junior year and he came back. Andrew Luck was going to tie the #1 pick coming out of his redshirt sophomore year and he came back. So it is far from unprecented.

Jan 11, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: 2021 draft top 4 ]

I get trying to be the optimist but Trevor will likely have a degree in 3 years and potentially multiple natties and a Heisman. There won’t be anything left for him to prove and he’ll be almost a guaranteed #1 pick.

Jan 11, 2019, 12:29 PM

After his junior year, he will be one good season away from setting a boatload of career national records. He’s not a me-first guy, but he talked about setting the career Georgia records going j to his senior year and appeared motivated to do so. Setting national records for touchdown passes and career wins would be awesome and might be worth coming back for.

Jan 11, 2019, 12:51 PM

Lawrence is great, and it wouldn't be from a lack of talent, but it's highly doubtful he'd set very many national passing records even if he stayed all 4 years. Dabo isn't the type to keep players in games to pad stats, and we aren't typically in very many Big 12 type of shootouts with our defense.

He'd need to average 42 passing touchdowns per season to reach the touchdown record for a career. He had 30 passing touchdowns this year btw, and yes he did split time with Bryant for the first 4 games, and got hurt early in his 5th game, but even if Bryant wasn't around it's not like Lawrence would've really gotten to play many more snaps than he already did against Furman, GSU, and GT, and there's no guarantee that he'd never get hurt and miss at least a game or part of a game in the future either. The most passing touchdowns Watson had in a season was 41 btw which was the only time he was above 35.

To reach the passing yards record he'd need to average over 5,300 yards per season, and he had 3,280 this season just to show how difficult that'd be.

Jan 11, 2019, 1:20 PM

He will absolutely throw 40+ TD’s each of the next 3 seasons. That’s not even 3 TD passes a game. He win’t Get the yards record, but he can get the all-time wins record by averaging between 13 and 14 wins a season. Very doable.

Jan 11, 2019, 1:53 PM

He COULD average 42 touchdowns per year, and yes that's not even 3 touchdowns per game if we reached the CFP championship game each of the 3 years, but that's certainly an assumption, and 3 touchdowns per game isn't as much of a lock as it may seem.

He only averaged 2.1 touchdowns per game this season, and yes that's with not starting the first 4 games, but 3 of those games would've been blowouts anyway, and I don't see how starting those games would've really resulted in any additional stats.

Even if you just look at the 10 games he started and finished this season he had 2 or fewer passing touchdowns in 7 of those games. ETN and our other running backs are likely to get a ton of touchdowns just like they did this year, and Dabo doesn't leave players in games to pad stats. Unless our defense turns into a Big 12 defense requiring us to leave our starters in late while winning games 55-50 then I just don't see it.

Jan 11, 2019, 3:57 PM

You do realize he will be much better next year compared to this year, right? His learning curve was steep and we watched it develop, but he left quite a few touchdowns on the field over the season and the coaches trusted the running game more early on.

You never know. Andrew Luck was the presumptive #1 pick

Jan 11, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: 2021 draft top 4 ]

and still decided to come back for another year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You never know. Andrew Luck was the presumptive #1 pick

Jan 11, 2019, 12:47 PM

Peyton Manning too. Luck credited Manning’s example for his decision. We know Manning is Trevor’s favorite QB to the point that Trevor wears #16 because of him.

Then again, Peyton never won a championship or the Heisman

Jan 11, 2019, 12:55 PM

and Trevor's already checked one of those boxes.

That was still a different era when Manning came back***

Jan 11, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: You never know. Andrew Luck was the presumptive #1 pick ]

I forgot Luck came back for a 3rd year. I guess that's the

Jan 11, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to You never know. Andrew Luck was the presumptive #1 pick ]

hope that you cling to.

It may be better if he goes pro after 3 if we want DJ too***

Jan 11, 2019, 1:16 PM

Re: It may be better if he goes pro after 3 if we want DJ too***

Jan 11, 2019, 1:20 PM

I’ll take a 4th year of Trevor over literally everyone ever.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic