Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2020 Depth Chart 2 Deep
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

2020 Depth Chart 2 Deep

Jan 18, 2020, 8:26 AM

QB: Lawrence/Phomachanh or DJ
RB: ETN/Dixon or Bowman
WR: Ross/Ladson
WR: Ngata/Williams
WR: Rodgers/Powell or Spector
TE: Galloway/Chalk
LT: Carmen/Parks
LG: Bockhorst/Vinson
C: Stewart/Rayburn
RG: Putnam/Tchio or Tucker
RT: McFadden/Mayes

DE: Foster or Rudolph/Mascoll
DT: Davis/Williams
DT: Pinckney/Bresee
DE: Thomas/Henry
OLB: Spector/Maguire
MLB: Skalski/Venables or Patterson
OLB: Jones/Phillips or Simpson
CB: Kendrick/Booth
CB: Goodrich/Jones
S: Turner/Zanders
S: Charleston/Mickens
K: Potter/Tessman
P: Spiers/Swanson

Others to watch for 2 Deep: Constantin, Bentley, Thornton, Lay, D. Allen, F. Davis

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2020 Depth Chart 2 Deep

Jan 18, 2020, 8:34 AM

There are rumors that Dixon may be leaving. Anyone else have any info?

Jan 18, 2020, 8:52 AM

I haven't heard that. It would seem strange because he will still play a lot. If so, I would imagine Mellusi would be more involved.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:17 AM

You would think by years end Bowman would be in the 2 spot getting ready be the featured back when ETN leaves. Also, it may not have anything to do with playing time. We will know soon enough.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:28 AM

Thank god the posters on this forum are not coach’s. Bowmen doesn’t have to compete and he’s already in the 2 spot. You guy are unbelievable. Dixson Dukes Mellusi and Pryor say hi.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:33 AM

Bowman will be in the 2 spot by years end is what I posted. He will have to earn it, but he will likely be there. He is at a different level. Kind of like Bresee. Its not a stretch. Bowman will probably leave Clemson a top 3 RB of all time for the university.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:43 AM

That’s your expectations for Mr Bowmen. No one knows what the future holds for him. He might be a 5 star dud. He has to get on campus first and then we will see how he performs. Shaw Smith says hello.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:50 AM

He is a lock to be one of the best ever if he stays focused. Kind of like how we knew about Deshaun, Sammy, CJ Spiller, Trevor. Its a lock as long as nothing unforeseen happens with attitude or injury.

Jan 18, 2020, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Depth Chart 2 Deep ]

Carlsbad prefaced the comment with "You would think." He also explained why "you would think" that. It doesn't appear that he is guaranteeing anything. I believe that he will be the #2 back by the end of the year as well. Since Travis only announced that he was staying yesterday afternoon, I think anything on Lyn-J transferring is just wild speculation, but I think that it is likely that someone looks for greener pastures.

Jan 18, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Depth Chart 2 Deep ]

People don't realize how good Dukes is. He's the real deal

Jan 18, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Depth Chart 2 Deep ]

Dixon is a good RB already. He knows our offense. He is fast, runs hard and is not a fumbler. He needs to put on some muscle and gain lower body strength which he will. Playing at 200 - 205 would be good for him. He will play a lot! If he transfers, he will have to sit out a year. He is smart enough to realize that he needs to be at Clemson.

Jan 18, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Depth Chart 2 Deep ]

Dixon is #2 until someone beats him out. Making anyone below #2 until fall make it mass transfers after spring break. Everyone should have a fair chance unless they just do not want to compete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 11:10 AM

You sir got the right answer thumbs up to you.

Jan 18, 2020, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Depth Chart 2 Deep ]

Thats what everyone thinks. We all agree.

Jan 18, 2020, 10:59 AM

I think Vinson backs up RT and Mayes moves to guard and/or redshirts. If they think Vinson or McFadden can beat out Putnam at RG one could move and that’s the right side of line. Agree on parks playing and think another true freshman OL or even two more don’t RS, just not sure if it’s Mayes. We could really use one at Guard with Parks helping out at OT.

I think 88 and 84 are the TEs you see the most of with some 85 and 25 peppered in - not 25 as the 2.

I don’t think Simpson is a SAM. That spot concerns me the most on defense I expect to see a lot more subbing in and out for passing downs with a true DB (4-2-5) where as Simmons could just stay on the field.

Jan 19, 2020, 12:17 AM

Yeah. I agree. I didn't know really where to put Simpson, but I think he will get time. Phillips may actually be the best fit for that spot. I've heard Ray Thornton mentioned there, also because of their athleticism as safeties who are built well enough to also play LB. That is an interesting battle to watch with Mike Jones and those hybrid guys. As far as Vinson, he has shuffled between T and G. I'm not really sure where he will end up, but definitely think he is a contributor in the two deep.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic