Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2020 Contenders
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

2020 Contenders

Jan 8, 2020, 10:06 PM

Who ya' got?

Clemson, obviously.
Ohio State, maybe, but losing Dobbins, Okudah, Young and several seniors.

Georgia? Naah, to many loses including Fromm, Cager, Swift, and others.

Oklahoma? Big drop off without Hurts.

Alabama may still be pretty good, even without Tua and some great recievers.

LSU - one hit wonders this season, no matter what happens in Monday.

Baylor, Oregon, Utah, nope.

Florida - maybe.

Anybody else?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2020 Contenders

Jan 8, 2020, 3:17 PM

Clemson
Auburn
Oklahoma
Florida

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fairly solid list...+1.***

Jan 8, 2020, 11:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 10:29 PM

0h40 will be there by virtue of other b1g teams being ranked high. LSU preseason high ranked.

Bama, definitely back. Fla may make some noise in the seleast.

UNC might be the team to beat in the acc.

Oregon will be up there with a good recruiting class coming in.

Minnesota may make some noise.

Choklahoma will be ranked high and will poach another portal potty QB.

atm if they find a QB.

Hmmm. Thinking we're in great shape. Got to rebuild our oline but we got some up and comers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tOSU and Clemson have easy paths

Jan 8, 2020, 10:29 PM

OK and a few $ec teams will draft from the portal to replace as needed. Very good chance its uga and okie. They both lose a stupid game but Pac 12 sucks and sec west beats each other. Bama and lsu both lose a couple next year.

UGa loses Fromm to the NFL and OG Case Mays

Jan 9, 2020, 12:14 PM

To Tennessee.

They lose most of their offensive starters from a not-great offense, too. I have my doubts about the Dogs next season.

5-0 coming up***

Jan 9, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to tOSU and Clemson have easy paths ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 10:38 PM

Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State are the top three in order. After that, it gets murky.

Maybe LSU at #4.

If Wake Forest QB Jamie Newman transfers to Oregon as rumored, check them in at #5. Their defense is gonna be nasty!

Agree about Oregon... On the rise.***

Jan 8, 2020, 11:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 10:41 PM

Hopefully the NCAA decides to impose a 5-year CFP ban on OKLA for ineptitude

At the risk of getting lit up, I think Clemson and OSU are virtual locks. I think Bama will be very good still if they can fix that defense. As for #4, not sure, but a 2nd SEC team is likely, or if something whacky happens in the transfer portal

Clemson and Alabama

Jan 8, 2020, 11:05 PM

other really good teams will be Ohio State, Oregon, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Penn State, and Notre Dame. Auburn will be a mess. Ohio State and Oregon play each other. Penn State has Ohio State and Iowa at home. Penn State has a chance to go 11-1 and make it as 4 seed. Penn State plays at VT and at Michigan. Oregon will need to go 12-1 to make it most likely.

I'll guess:

1. Alabama 13-0 (Sugar)
2. Clemson 13-0 (Rose)
3. Oregon 12-1 (Rose)
4. Ohio State 12-1 (Sugar)

Another good one...***

Jan 8, 2020, 11:08 PM

Rose Bowl would be a nice trip.***

Jan 8, 2020, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Clemson and Alabama ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Clemson and the Also Rans... Good name for a band.***

Jan 8, 2020, 11:11 PM

Jan 8, 2020, 11:23 PM

I thinknClemson and Ohio State are almost locks .
In the SEC Florida and Alabama are my picks , with Auburn as an outlier .
Big 12 will be typically Oklahoma . I think Spencer Rattler is going to be a freshman sensation there in that offense .
Pac 12 is a real question mark but how about ASU and Herm Edwards ? There's a good chance that Utah wins it in the north with Hebert moving on at Oregon .

Since we're guessing and I haven't looked at a thing to make a real determination , I'll pick Clemson , Ohio State , Florida and Utah

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

utah is in the south

Jan 8, 2020, 11:36 PM

Oregon will win the north.

Jan 9, 2020, 1:05 AM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Contenders ]

Forget Auburn. They will lose to both Alabama and LSU.

OU might win the Big 12 but it's almost guaranteed they are a worse team in 2020.

Utah can't win the P12 north because they are in the south division. If Bentley does well, they might win the south but IMO, the clear favorite should be ASU.

In the P12 north, even if Jamie Newman doesn't transfer there, Oregon will the division and also the P12 championship game. I don't see a close second to UO in the P12. If they win at home against Ohio State Sep 12, they will run the table and be a top 2-3 seed in the CFP.

what does auburn have coming back?

Jan 8, 2020, 11:30 PM

with morris there to work with nix he may be able to elevate him some..and if so they could be dangerous

Auburn loses most of their defense

Jan 8, 2020, 11:42 PM

plays UNC in Atlanta, at Alabama, at GA, LSU home, at Ole Miss, A/M at home. Auburn will be very lucky to go 8-4. They hate their coach.

Auburn sratches to contend, gets in there occasionally

Jan 9, 2020, 1:32 AM

Clem has talent plus gets a 12 game bye

OSU will continue to dominate B10, others don't have their talent

OU will continue to dominate b12

left coast don't matter

SEC: 3 teams continue to recruit lights out -- bama, UGA, LSU -- and will fight to be in that number
and UF moving up fast followed in near future by Tamu

Re: Auburn sratches to contend, gets in there occasionally

Jan 9, 2020, 2:12 AM

Yeah well remember you can't have it both ways. When Clemson Whips that A$$ You will say we were rested and y'all were tired from our schedules. For now though it's Clemson hasn't played anybody so we are not all that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn sratches to contend, gets in there occasionally

Jan 9, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Auburn sratches to contend, gets in there occasionally ]

LSU has talent but what about QB? You say Burrow is All World and he is gone. If he isn't and it is the system, then that is going to catch up, because DC's will solve it at some point. Either way I think LSU will struggle with Bama next year. If you keep Brady I think future years will be good for you, but 2020 would surprise me.

Tennessee had a good recruiting class

Jan 9, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Auburn sratches to contend, gets in there occasionally ]

...but with their instability at QB they are at least one more year from competing with UF and UGa.

Jan 9, 2020, 9:44 AM

Jesus, I can't believe you guys keep disrespecting the football gods by thinking about next year. We've got a National Championship Game in 3 days and you guys are focused on NEXT year. C'mon.

Jan 9, 2020, 9:49 AM

I blame the long wait between games.

If the Dawgs land Jamie Newman as a grad transfer QB,

Jan 9, 2020, 9:48 AM

they could be right there next year. He is light years better than Jake from State Fromm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2020, 9:52 AM

Clemson, Ohio State

last 2 spots are up for grabs. the SEC will be wide open. Could be Auburns year?

The ACC championship will come down to Clemson vs UNC. Maybe UNC could make a case for 2 ACC teams if they come into the ACC championship with 0 or 1 losses. Their OOC includes Auburn and UCF.

I expect the B10 or SEC to have 2 teams in the playoffs next year.

Jan 9, 2020, 9:52 AM

A few teams will likely emerge like LSU did this year but just off what we know now, if I had to guess, you would look for Clemson OhSt to be 1-2 next year.

Jan 9, 2020, 9:57 AM

CLEMSON
0310 St
'Bama
Florida

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buying Oregon, selling Georgia and LSU

Jan 9, 2020, 9:57 AM

Inking in Clemson, OSU and Bama
Thinking B12 will get left out this year, so 4th likely Oregon, but possibly a second B1G

Auburn is a dark horse, but I don't see both Bama and Auburn getting in

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2020, 10:01 AM

Clemson, Ohio State, Bama, and Oklahoma

UGa is looking at 9 wins max losing Fromm***

Jan 9, 2020, 12:27 PM

Jan 9, 2020, 12:57 PM

Due to a talent gap similar to Clemson and the ACC, Oregon and Oklahoma are contenders until something changes.

They may both be in or both be out but they will be in the conversation because they are recruiting much better than their conference opponents.

Others include your traditional: Ohio St, Bama, LSU.

Some you will hear about, based on media agenda or weak opponents but I don't think are in the same category include: Florida, UGA, Penn St, Auburn.

None of this matters yet though.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic