Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2019 recruiting class lacking the stud...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

2019 recruiting class lacking the stud...

Jun 10, 2018, 9:48 PM

4-5* that is out recruiting others. Over last few years we always had that 4-5* that was pushing other studs to join the class. Seems like studs like joining something special. Last year we had Amari, Mike Jones, and XT that were trying to help build the class. I haven't seen or heard of that type player in our 2019 class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2019 recruiting class lacking the stud...

Jun 10, 2018, 9:54 PM

Gonna get a bump pretty soon in ratings and Sheridan Jones is pushing Andrew Booth and others pretty hard

Jun 10, 2018, 9:58 PM

Sucks that we are only #5 overall right now. Sure hope Dabo gets it figured out before it's too late. Muscoot doing work and going to pass us soon.

Jun 10, 2018, 10:11 PM

I thought the coots were 5

Jun 10, 2018, 10:14 PM

They are 4 til decootments start.

Jun 10, 2018, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: 2019 recruiting class lacking the stud... ]

Yeah Coots are 4 or 5 and two places higher than us.

I wasn't talking bad about this class but it is just more exciting for everyone when you have that 5* guy out recruiting other 5* guys. Last year when we had 13 commits our avg star rating was almost a full star rating higher. We are filling needs but seems to be lacking the same excitement. I guess we could be spoiled!!??

We still have 15+ slots to fill ... and dozens of offers out***

Jun 10, 2018, 11:37 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We still have 15+ slots to fill ... and dozens of offers out***

Jun 11, 2018, 7:51 AM

Already filled 13 slots. 4 4* and 1 5*. This may be a down year in recruiting unless we can start pulling in more 4 and 5's. If we could have taken 25 last year then we may have had the #1 overall class. This year will be top 10 solely based on volume not quality

Guaranteed some of the 3* will move to 4****

Jun 11, 2018, 8:24 AM

Re: Guaranteed some of the 3* will move to 4****

Jun 11, 2018, 8:32 AM

HOW DID WE EVER WIN A game with all the idiots we have running our recruiting dept.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Guaranteed some of the 3* will move to 4**** ]

I agree with this. Used to be our commits went down a star but now they usually elevate especially their senior season.

Jun 11, 2018, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Guaranteed some of the 3* will move to 4**** ]

I could see that. I trust the staff. They don't offer someone that they don't think will work very well in our system.

Jun 11, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: 2019 recruiting class lacking the stud... ]

The coots ranking is higher because they do have 2 more commits than us. If you look at the per player average, its pretty much a dead heat! #closingthegap

Yup...cyclin out sucks bigguns. Been fun fellas...

Jun 10, 2018, 10:34 PM

Somebody come get me when we've hired a new coach and we've caught up to the gamechickens.

TIA in advance.

you don’t even know which class Amari was in

Jun 10, 2018, 11:44 PM

He played last year. You smell cootish to me.

Jun 10, 2018, 11:51 PM

This thread once again smells like ?? ??. Get lost-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 6:57 AM

There is nothing cootish about this thread! I'm a '93 Grad, you definitely can't smell a coot if you are calling me one!

I love reading the stories about our recruits recruiting other players and we haven't had those stories in this class!

Jun 11, 2018, 1:33 AM

But yet we have the #5 class...

Message was edited by: GSCtiger

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i guess you could be dissappointed if you are looking at

Jun 11, 2018, 9:12 AM

stars.

Overall I believe this class is the weakest that we've seen in the past 5 years or so. There aren't any big time flashy guys like previous classes. Look at DT recruiting alone. There aren't many 5* and only 1 of them are in our geographical area. O-Linemen are even worse. I'll say this. Our staff is the best in the business at eyeing and developing talent. Constantine was a 3 star in the 700's nationally but now in top 200 and 4* with 247. Expect him to move up in Rivals as well.

If you are interested in the 4 and 5 stars some guys I think we have a legit shot at landing:

4* WR Joe Ngata --- i'm eyeing a commitment at the All In Cookout. He should be here for that event and we are trending up with Ngata.

5* OT Devontae Dobbs -- he's visited from Michigan before and looks to visit again this summer. I think we have a legit shot with this guy. Michigan St. has some serious issues going on right now and Ohio St. is filling up their slots.

4* OT Trevor Keegan -- another Midwesterner. O-line talent in our area is lacking, so we've reached out up north and Midwest. Keegan just visited and had a great visit which is why we are in his top 6.

3* OT Jake Hornibrook -- only a 3 star but he'll get a bump I believe. If Stanford and Wisconsin want him then you know he is a quality Olinemen. We are in good position with Hornibrook and already have a teammate committed in Maguire

5* DT Faatui Tuitele --- Alabama probably leads currently but Todd Bates is doing work with Tuitele. We need him to visit again and drag out his commitment as long as possible but we are at least in his top 5.

5* DT Travon Walker --- UGA could be the landing spot, but we are working him and we have playing time to give.

4* LB Vonta Bentley --- many thought he would have committed to us last week while he was in town. Wasn't the case but it doesn't mean we aren't in prime position. I believe we lead here.

5* DB Andrew Booth --- he is probably our number 1 target. We are one of his favorites (along with Auburn) but we have a great relationship with him and have for an extended amount of time. His family also loves Clemson. It helps that he visited us right after a trip to Auburn in which he picked up some crystal balls (don't read to much into that). We also just offered his teammate Jayln Philips.

5* ATH Quavaris Crouch --- Tennessee has put themselves in good position as of late but we are recruiting Crouch pretty hard. We want him as a LB but I could see him take some running back snaps because he is that good.

Under the radar guys:

3* QB Brendon Clark-- just decommitted from Wake Forest after a visit to Clemson

3* OG Hunter Rayburn --- many believe he'll follow his teammate Medlin who just commmited to A&M, but we shall see.

3* DE Ruke Orhorhoro --- from Michigan but wants to visit and has us in his top schools.

3* DE Colby Wooden --- Auburn lean but he is supposed to visit (this week I think).

3* DE Logan Cash --- def. under the radar. His film is actually pretty good. He is strong, disciplined and fast. I hope we land this guy.

3* DB Shyheim Battle --- I think the coaches like Battle at DB. This might be why they didn't entertain the idea of Kelly being a DB but a Safety. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for this great recap!!!***

Jun 11, 2018, 9:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i guess you could be dissappointed if you are looking at

Jun 11, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to i guess you could be dissappointed if you are looking at ]

I understand everything you are saying. Good recap as well. I am not unhappy with the class just more of the observation of not having a high profile guy committed yet that we have come accustomed too.

No doubt Dabo will finish this class in the Top 10 once again and we will all be happy, well except the coots!

Re: 2019 recruiting class lacking the stud...***

Jun 11, 2018, 9:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take is 2020 recruiting will prosper once TL

Jun 11, 2018, 9:46 AM

takes number one QB position and Tigers receive more media attention than every other program in the country. Barring injury, that will happen. May want to save some prime spots for when these flood gates open up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take is 2020 recruiting will prosper once TL

Jun 11, 2018, 11:29 AM

That could happen for 2019 too. The staff isn't doing spring official visits and seems to be saving them for during the season, so it seems like they're banking on performance on the field and getting multiple guys together for visits simultaneously.

Jun 11, 2018, 11:47 AM

Vic Beasley 2*, Grady Jarrett 3*, Ryan Carter 3*, Jay Guillermo 3*(?) and there are others!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 12:38 PM

How has nobody brought up Ladson being a top 25 player in the nation? Think that would qualify as a stud IMO. We got spoiled with all the high end talent last class. Still several blue chip guys that we're in good position with. Would've preferred a little better roster management last class where we could've easily taken 5 extra guys in a year where we were very hot coming off a natty. That being said, there's still some good players already in the fold who will make an impact here.

Came out of retirement just to get that off my chest.

Jun 11, 2018, 2:39 PM

Good call! I kind of forgot about him! I would consider him up there. I guess he has just been quiet since his commitment. TL was a quiet commit also which no news is usually good news when it comes to recruiting!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic