Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2019-2020 Clemson Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

2019-2020 Clemson Tigers

Jun 11, 2019, 9:29 AM

I saw someone ask for this in another post and I haven't seen it posted yet so here you go:

Guards

#0 Clyde Trapp 6'4" Junior
#2 Al-Amir Dawes 6'2" Freshman
#3 Chase Hunter 6'3" Freshman
#4 Nick Honor 5'10" Sophomore (has to sit out a year)
#10 Curan Scott 6'4" Grad
#12 Alex Hemenway 6'3" Freshman
#15 John Newman III 6'5" Sophomore

Forwards

#1 Jonathan Baehre 6'10" Junior (torn ACL in May-expected to miss all of season)
#5 Hunter Tyson 6'8" Sophomore
#21 Khavon Moore 6'8" (three years of eligibility-trying to get waiver so doesn't have to sit out)
#25 Aamir Simms 6'8" Junior
XX Tevin Mack 6'6" Grad

Center

#55 Trey Jemison 7'0" Sophomore
XX Paul Grinde 6'10" Grad (from D3 Vassar College)

I did not include the walk-ons.

Assuming if Moore does not get his waiver, my guess for the starting lineup game 1:

Trapp
Newman
Mack
Simms
Jemison

If Moore does get his waiver, I think we go small:

Trapp
Newman
Mack
Moore
Simms

Guys who will contribute off bench(in order IMO):

Tyson
Scott
Grinde
Dawes
Hunter
Hemenway

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2019-2020 Clemson Tigers

Jun 11, 2019, 9:39 AM

Very informative post - SecondComing ... Thanks for posting !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Nice work, thanks.***

Jun 11, 2019, 9:53 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! This is helpful info.....

Jun 11, 2019, 2:29 PM

I know we are thin down low...but the Mack signing is huge for us. If Moore gets his waiver, I like the versatility he brings.
Not sure what the end result will be, but this team got a whole lot more interesting in the past couple of weeks.
If this team can build a little chemistry on this overseas trip, cautious optimism may be called for.
Despite all the hoopla about transfers, I think the development of Trapp and Simms as players and leaders will be the most important ingredient. If they take a step forward, the team will follow, I think.
We could be a really saucy team in 20-21 with all hands on deck.

I think the Italy trip will help tremendously

Jun 11, 2019, 3:21 PM

Allow the team to play competitive games and build chemistry this summer. I have been watching the Men's basketball instagram videos and it appears everyone is on campus except Grinde (I havent seen him yet) and Mack (I'm assuming he will show up once he gets admitted into school).

Basketball in general has become more guard/shooter/spread oriented. Having a dominate big man is no longer needed. Missing Baehre is going to suck but I think we can win with a smaller lineup with 2 guys on the floor at the same time that are 6'6" to 6'8".

If anything, all the new faces have me excited for basketball season. Maybe it will bring a new spark to the program. Not saying the new guys are better than those that departed....but I hope this team is exciting to watch.

Getting Moore this year will help big time. Him + Mack + Scott will have to score for us in order to compete in the ACC. Next year is the year to watch though: We could land a few highly talented recruits in the 2020 class that we have a shot for and we only lose Curan Scott, Grinde and Mack. Simms + Trapp + Baehre (not sure where he stands on a medical RS) will be seniors, Newman + Tyson + Jemison + Moore + Honor will be juniors, Hemenway + Dawes + Hunter will be sophomores. If we can land Tate and Hall from Dorman, I think we'll be really good. This is assuming we don't lose anyone to transfer though.

I'm excited for Clemson basketball because the transfer market honestly means turnarounds can be quick.

Re: I think the Italy trip will help tremendously

Jun 12, 2019, 1:22 PM

indeed a huge opportunity for this group to play together in real games this Summer - should make a big difference, especially early in the regular season

after T Mack made his decision, i told my better half that i am getting cautiously optimistic about the next season

should be a fun group to watch!

Jun 12, 2019, 1:41 PM

I HIGHLY doubt Grinde will contribute much at all. He is a walk-on. Where we're going to have to find depth is with guys playing bigger positions than they have in the past. Simms at the center position, like you mentioned. Perhaps Mack at power forward. Tyson at power forward.

Jun 13, 2019, 11:26 AM

Well definitely have to play some small-ball lineups. I think Jemison is our only contributor at center, and he’ll probably play (at most) 25 minutes a game.

We’ll have to spend a considerable amount of time (Italy will help with this) preparing a lineup where Simms is our primary rebounder.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic