Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We only signed 1 player from the state of sc in the 2017 recruiting class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

We only signed 1 player from the state of sc in the 2017 recruiting class

Jul 31, 2017, 11:38 AM

And that player is from Northwestern. Is Rock Hill considered the upstate? Hard to believe that there is only 1 player from our state in that whole recruiting class cycle.
And what was talking about earlier was who contributed in the national championship game from the lower state. Personally, gonna miss Boulware and his leadership, but I think we'll miss Williams even more this season. I won't mention this anymore, it was just something that came to mind, on a "summer weekend during downtime" Go Tigers. All In

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We only signed 1 player from the state of sc in the 2017 recruiting class

Jul 31, 2017, 11:40 AM

Stop... that horse is beyond dead.

null

Jul 31, 2017, 11:42 AM

Great input coot

Jul 31, 2017, 11:44 AM

So, how did missing Williams work out for the 2015 season, when Williams was sidelined the entire season and Ray Ray, Hunter, and Cain had to step up and they made it to the National Championship??

Feathers still show there, TimmyCoot.

BTW, there are 5 players in the 2018 class from SC already, little birdie.

2017 recruiting in SC

Jul 31, 2017, 11:47 AM

was not that great. Why sign guys from SC that could only get into SCS, Coastal, GT, or little brother?

Re: 2017 recruiting in SC

Jul 31, 2017, 11:50 AM

Just imagine what would've happened in last years game if we had some players from The Citadel ;)

True, time you get to #5 ,it's 3* time.

Jul 31, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to 2017 recruiting in SC ]

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=SC

And like I said elsewhere, Smith and Smith weren't rated as good as Higgins and Rodgers.

That's because we took Higgins,Rodgers,Foster,

Jul 31, 2017, 11:50 AM

Johnson and Williams instead of Smith ,Smith,Johnson Ulrich and Staley. Notice every single one of Clemson's takes were rated HIGHER than their in state counterparts.

We took the kid from Northwestern because ,he''s good ,and his former coach is at Clemson.

Jul 31, 2017, 11:51 AM

you siriusly have no idea how to troll

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

See this is what you coots fail to understand about recruiting.

Jul 31, 2017, 12:00 PM

I have had a lot coots over the years brag to me about all the in state players they get. First of all SC simply does not have enough in state D1 recruits to allow two schools to sustain long term success and compete at a high level. We simply do not have the population for it. You must go beyond the borders and recruit at a high level to build an elite program. Out of state recruits are not pumped full of the coot propoganda that the media in this state cranks out. Clemson has always had more appeal to top notch recruits outside of the state than USuCk. It is one of the primary reasons for our dominance in the rivalry especially in the modern era. (1970+) Most out of state recruits plainly see Clemson is a better school to play football at. The championships and tradition lopsidedly belong to us. Once again you prove your ignorance about CFB. Stick around around and read this board but stay off of your keyboard. You might actually learn something coot boy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2017, 12:02 PM

As long as they can play at a high level, I don't care if Dabo gets them from Alaska. :)

You just keep trying

Jul 31, 2017, 12:05 PM

and you just keep failing.

You're embarrassing even for gamecock fans.

Jul 31, 2017, 12:06 PM

Why does only taking one person from South Carolina even matter? The in-state class in 2017 was pretty weak, and we signed players from out of state that were ranked higher than most of the in-state ones.

Top 10 players on the 247 Composite were:

WR OrTre Smith (South Carolina) - 247 Composite 4-star, we preferred Tee Higgins. Signed Tee Higgins.
WR Shi Smith (South Carolina) - 247 Composite 4-star, we preferred Amari Rodgers. Signed Amari Rodgers.
WDE Brad Johnson (South Carolina) - 247 Composite 4-star. Wasn't offered by Clemson, we signed Jordan Williams from Virginia who was ranked 150 spots higher than him.
OLB Davonne Bowen (South Carolina) - 247 Composite 3-star. Wasn't offered by Clemson, we signed Rudolph and Justin Foster who will play the same position. Foster was a consensus 4-star and higher ranked by every recruiting service.
OLB/WDE Logan Rudolph (Clemson) - Signed.
ATH Malik Williams (App State) -247 Composite 3-star. Not offered by Clemson.
TE Will Register (South Carolina) - 247 Composite 3-star. Didn't sign a tight end, so it was probably Register or bust for a TE in that cycle.
S Lummie Young (Duke) - 247 Composite 3-star. Not offered by Clemson. Signed Baylon Spector who will actually play linebacker and a handful of 4-star CBs, no true safety was taken.
SDE Chrishawn Wilson (Charlotte) - 247 Composite 3-star. Not offered by Clemson.
OT Summie Carlay (South Carolina) - Signed Matt Bockhorst, Noah DeHond, and Blake Vinson, all of which were more highly rated than Carlay.

Rankings don't always prove who will be successful. Coaches make their own evaluations, but when you can go out of state and sign better players at positions of need than the guys in-state, why would you not take that opportunity? Honestly Register and OrTre Smith are probably the only guys you "beat us" out for. Half the top 10 players in the state, including a couple South Carolina signees, didn't have an offer from us.

Jul 31, 2017, 12:19 PM

Signed two from the state of SC. How about the tight end from the upstate

Wow, twelve years later and a first poast.

Jul 31, 2017, 12:49 PM

That's some serious self control.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Braden Galloway is in the 2018 recruiting class

Jul 31, 2017, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: We only signed 1 player from the state of sc in the 2017 recruiting class ]

We didn't sign a TE in the 2017 class.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/scholarships/football.do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

+1 and let me add

Jul 31, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: We only signed 1 player from the state of sc in the 2017 recruiting class ]

That had Ortre come it would be a while before he played. He knew this and it is probably the primary reason he did not come to his mom's alma mater. We got who we wanted. Muschump got the scraps.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2017, 12:13 PM

Oh, and um...we're talking STATE of SC...

Played in the Alabama vs Clemson National Championship:

Hunter Renfrow = Myrtle Beach, SC

Taylor Hearn = Williston SC (guess you must have missed where Williston is BELOW Aiken, which is further south than Cootlumbia)..and let's see..here he is:
https://vine.co/v/5YvUdLaVjbv/card

Kyle Cote = Six Mile, SC

Kendall Joseph = Belton, SC (east of Anderson, so that IS Upstate)

Ben Boulware = Anderson SC (also Upstate)

Judah Davis = Clemson, SC (if I have to tell where that is, get your head examined)

CJ Fuller = Easley SC (also Upstate)

Greg Huegel = Blythewood, SC (just north of Columbia)

Mike Williams = Vance, SC (below Columbia)

Jadar Johnson = Orangeburg, SC (below Columbia)

Cordrea Tankersley = Beech Island, SC (just east of Augusta)

Marcus Edmond = Hopkins, SC (SE of Columbia)

Really? Where is Will Swinney from?

Jul 31, 2017, 12:57 PM

Your feathers are showing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Really? Where is Will Swinney from?

Jul 31, 2017, 1:03 PM

Ain't even on the 24/7 Sports recruiting page. That page says we only have one player signed from sc, 24/7 is my source.

Re: Really? Where is Will Swinney from?

Jul 31, 2017, 2:17 PM

...and yet could look on TigerNet's Recruiting page:
\http://www.tigernet.com/2017-Clemson-Football-commitments

And the hits just keep on coming.......

Jul 31, 2017, 1:19 PM

smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the hits just keep on coming.......

Jul 31, 2017, 2:09 PM

Wasn't Timmy banned for a while? W could renew that I think

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic