Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2016 Expextations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

2016 Expextations

Feb 10, 2016, 9:15 AM

As the disappointment of the National Championship eases and we start to think a little less about an onside kick, a kick return, and a TE that had 208 tds receiving, sorry I brought it up, we begin to think about next season more. What are the expectations and the standard for 2016?

2015 ACC Champions
2015 Orange Bowl Champions
2015 Heisman Finalist
2015 #2 Defense

2015 was an incredible season and never before have I recieved the looks of respect while wearing my Clemson gear. Is 2016 a failure if we don't win the National Championship and/or Deshaun Watson win the Heisman?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it will only be a failure...

Feb 10, 2016, 9:23 AM

If you stop getting looks of respect in you Tiger attire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was disrespected in my tiger attire this year, but it

Feb 10, 2016, 11:08 AM

could have been because I was wearing a white sweatshirt like Dabo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same expectations we will have every year now.

Feb 10, 2016, 9:26 AM

Win the ACC and make it into the playoffs.

Heisman and NC would be great but can't just expect those things. It's a long season and anything can happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2016 Expextations

Feb 10, 2016, 9:28 AM

A close L at FSu would be disappointing but if that happened and we won a New Years six I would be proud. That being said I expect a Natty.

Feb 10, 2016, 9:35 AM

I think all of our expectations are to win the National Title this year. But right now before any sort of practice has occurred or summer commits have enrolled, I think anything less than the playoff is a let down. I most definitely think that the offense will be extremely potent this coming season. With all of stars coming back and getting Mike Williams back will definitely cause a nightmare for opposing defenses.

My only concern is with the DBs. We have only 1 returning starter in Tankersley. I'm glad he chose to return for his senior year not only from a fan standpoint, but also for himself. He won't be in Mackenzie's shadow anymore and now he has the chance to create his own shadow over the other DBs. I expect to see a big step forward in Fields, Smith, Baker, and Jadar. With Mullen, Wallace, and Simmons coming in the summer there will be a learning curve for them. But I think it is very possible we could see Mullen starting at some point around mid season if the experienced ones don't play well.

I really expect the rest of the defense to reload and play like last year's defense and the similar to the one before it. The D Line should be fine even with the departures of Shaq, Dodd, and Reader. I think this year is Pagano's chance to shine, but he will definitely have Dexter pushing him for playing time.

Overall I'm really excited once again for this season like I was for last season. I honestly thought this team was a year ahead of itself last season. I definitely expected them to be in Title Contention this season. Last year was a bonus. If the new starters and players are ALL IN, every team that we play this season better watch out because this team could be better than last season.

Feb 10, 2016, 11:01 AM

We rotate 8 dl and probably 6 lbs this year with no drop off. This could be the same with dbs too especially after Auburn.

We just hope the freshman can learn the system. I hope to see the other redshirts and sophomores play well as they been in the system for awhile.

Long season as we saw last year. Not going to be as much a drop off in talent as last year especially as lb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 10:04 AM

This will be DWs last season as a Tiger, so NC or bust.

Tell 'em, Coot!***

Feb 10, 2016, 10:09 AM

4 Team Playoff**

Feb 10, 2016, 10:09 AM

nm

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic