Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2015 Depth Chart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

2015 Depth Chart

Jan 9, 2015, 9:42 AM

Look for the lineup to look similar to this next season...

DEFENSE

SDE - Shaq Lawson
E.Ogundeko or A.Huggins or S. Johnson
DT - Carlos Watkins
Rod Byers or J.Robinson or
DT - D.J. Reader
Scott Pagano or Christian Wilkins
WDE - Kevin Dodd
M.Aiken, R.Yeargin, D.Rogers, A.Bryant
C.Ferrell
OLB - Korie Rogers
T.J. Burrell
MLB - Ben Boulware
Kellen Jones
NB - Dorian O'Daniel
B.J. Goodson or Travis Blanks
CB - Mackensie Alexander
Cordrea Tankersly or Ryan Carter
S - Jadar Johnson
T.J. Green or Jeffrie Gibson
S - Jayron Kearse
Korrin Wiggins or Travis Blanks
CB - hopefully Mark Fields or Kaleb Chalmers
Or Adrian Baker or Marcus Edmond

OFFENSE

LT - Isaiah Battle
Mitch Hyatt or Maverick Morris
LG - Tyrone Crowder
Ryan Norton
C - Jay Guillermo
Ryan Norton
RG - Eric Mac Lain
Justin Falcinelli
RT - Joe Gore
Jake Fruhmorgen or Oliver Jones
TE - Milan Richard
Jordan Leggett or Stanton Seckinger
WR - Mike Williams
T.Thompson
WR - Charone Peake
Deon Cain or Shaddell Bell
WR - Artavis Scott
G.Hopper or R.R.McCloud
RB - Wayne Gallman or Tyshon Dye
Zac Brooks or Adam Coice or C.J.Fuller
QB - Deshaun Watson
Tucker Israel
Nick Schuessler

One of the freshman QB's will earn PT as a freshman, if not both, as we will need a capable and experienced backup. It's my thoughts that while Kelly Bryant looks to be more athletic than DW4, he needs time to learn the system and to develop physically and as a passer, so look for a RS. Tucker Israel is a more polished passer, so I look for him to avoid the redshirt, but eventually Kelly Bryant's skill set will overtake Tucker Israel as the backup in 2016. It's my opinion we will have the best WR corps in the nation by years end if DW4 stays healthy, OL will be improved and deeper, but will have much more potential in 2016. TE can't be any worse this year, as I think Milan Richard will eventually be a Dwayne Allen clone who can block well and be a threat in the passing game. I would love to see Jordan Leggett out wide...at 6'5 250 he could be a nightmare for opposing secondaries. RB will be deeper, more experienced and more talented than ever, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Zac Brooks line up at WR some this year. With all the talent at RB, it wouldn't surprise me to see a transfer or 2, especially with Feaster coming in (hopefully). DL will have little drop off, as I believe Reader, Pagano and Watkins will be great DT's, LB will be better this year, and the secondary will be better and more experienced as well. The defense won't be #1 again, but it will be top 10 and do enough to win games for us with our offense dominating.

What say ye? Thoughts any juan??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2015 Depth Chart

Jan 9, 2015, 10:02 AM

I hope you are right. But...I don't know about the line backers being...better. It is going to be a drop off there,
how can it not be?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. There will be dropoff at LB.

Jan 9, 2015, 12:11 PM

They could still be solid, but I don't think you can say these guys will be better than the talented veterans we had last year. Boulware/Goodson/friends will be talented, but definitely not nearly as experienced.

I think Fruh redshirts

Jan 9, 2015, 12:45 PM

And Taylor Hearn is on the depth chart instead. I think Hyatt is the only one who plays barring injuries. Also, Cannon Smith will get a look at TE.

Im predicting the opposite, Fruh plays, Hyatt gets the RS

Jan 10, 2015, 3:27 PM

Fruhmorgen is just more physically ready than Hyatt right now.

Re: Im predicting the opposite, Fruh plays, Hyatt gets the RS

Jan 10, 2015, 4:43 PM

Agree w this part

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another Opinion

Jan 10, 2015, 4:37 PM [ in reply to I think Fruh redshirts ]

I can't see ANY of those true freshman OL playing this year.
None of them are big enough, or strong enough.
It usually takes a pretty special player to contribute right away, especially
on the OL

Me, I'm going with something like this:

LT-Battle /Falcinelli
RG-MacLain/ Hearn
C-Norton/ Gullimero
RG-Crowder/ Byers
RT-Gore/Morris

:)

Re: Another Opinion

Jan 10, 2015, 4:46 PM

Gullimero will definitely be the starting center and the young guys will play hyatt ,Jake will start before the season is over

I can see a battle at center..but!

Jan 10, 2015, 5:04 PM

None of the true FR OL will play......can't see it.

sorry.

Re: I can see a battle at center..but!

Jan 10, 2015, 5:10 PM

All the guys you have on the list except for the guys coming off redshirts Battle , Guillermo and Crowder are average at best and will be beat out by the 2 true freshman

Re: Another Opinion

Jan 10, 2015, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Another Opinion ]

I can see that as well, but no way in hell Norton starts over Guillermo. Guillermo will be an all American center once he ends his career in tiger town.

Jan 9, 2015, 10:04 AM

Pretty close.
I think Wiggins will Battle to be the NB, even though odaniel will too.
I think Baker is the other corner.(Fields may take over, but he won't win the starting spot in the summer)
I think T J green starts opposite of Kearse.
I also wouldn't be suprised to see someone beat out Eric at RG

You are pretty close my friend & BTW korie Rogers is a Beast!

"Little drop off on the DL" would be fantastic, but i fear

Jan 9, 2015, 10:13 AM

that's a bit of orange Kool-aid talking. I really like a few of our starters, but but it's tough to replace dominant guys like Jarrett and Beasley, and more concerning is that we lose like 6 out of our top 9 guys on the line. The depth behind Lawson, Watkins, and Reader is going to be very inexperienced.

I don't think it's going to be a bad unit by any stretch, but i would expect more than just a "little" drop off. It could be a fantastic unit in 2 years though (as could the entire team).

Jan 10, 2015, 4:40 PM

"IF"....

the coaches can get the OL settled, we'll be fine.
Meaning, the entire team.

That's my biggest concern,OL
Theres a lot of talent at DL...but true, like U said, some inexperience.

Jan 9, 2015, 10:25 AM

Shaq Lawson has primarily played WDE. However, he is our best DE so I think he will play opposite of whatever side has someone step up.. If someone on the strongside steps up like Dodd or Rogers then he'll play WDE. If someone on the weakside like Ebo, AIken, or Yeargin steps up then he will play Strongside.. He is our dominant DE and can play either side. Also, I think Ferrell RS's. He is coming off of ACL injury.

I also think Bell RS's w Cain and McCloud avoiding RS.

Jan 9, 2015, 10:29 AM

W thompson coming off RS and only losing Humprhies to graduation and hopefully a healthy Peake, I think he RS's. Same w Chalmers.. we RS'ed a lot of guys in the secondary last year and between Carter, Baker, and Edmonds I think Chalmers RS's.

Bell will redshirt, and where's Register?***

Jan 9, 2015, 10:31 AM

Re: Bell will redshirt, and where's Register?***

Jan 10, 2015, 1:29 PM

I actually left Register off accidentally...he is one of my potential breakout DE candidates. I'm sure he'll be a beast wherever he lines up...

Jan 9, 2015, 10:36 AM

Finally - Tyrone Crowder is gonna start at LG. Gonna be fun to watch this guy. I've been waiting patiently. Hurry up with that dang Hill Watch.

I agree, thought he was better than RW.***

Jan 10, 2015, 4:42 PM

Why did you take away Wiggins starting spot at NB

Jan 9, 2015, 10:41 AM

I think ODaniel will continue to play when we use a SAM and Wiggins will play when we use a Nickle Back. Blanks will have to take a spot from somebody if he wants to play.

Jan 9, 2015, 12:03 PM

Offense I'd agree with most of your chart. I'd quibble with the OL. It was by a mile Clemson's biggest deficiency in 2014 and the freshmen will play and play a bunch.

It will take Mitch Hyatt about one practice to knock Joe Gore out of starting at right tackle. Well, the way Dabo operates, it might be Week 3 because the senior will get every opportunity. But unless Gore seriously brings his lunch, he's going to lose his spot. Similarly, I think Fruhmogen probably bumps one of the incumbents - probably MacClain - out of the right guard spot. Fruhmogen projects long-term to tackle but I think he starts initially at guard out of need. We DESPERATELY need guards who can get to the second level. Also think one of the guard recruits beats a redshirt - especially if Clemson flips Zach Bailey from South Carolina, which I think is very possible. If Clemson lands Bailey I would expect him to be starting, maybe from Minute 1, certainly by midseason.

Oliver Jones is gone. He won't return for 2015.

quozzel

Jan 9, 2015, 12:10 PM

Agree with everything you said .

If Bailey flips he will start at OG...But he's going to USC

Jan 10, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: 2015 Depth Chart ]

I think the Bailey ship has sailed. I hope Im wrong, but I don't see it happening.

Reload and coach 'em up. Go Tigers!!!***

Jan 9, 2015, 12:42 PM

Can't see

Jan 9, 2015, 1:16 PM

Fields starting over Tank, Baker, and Edmonds. I think Tank fills in for Peters. A big corner about 6'2 and can run. Fields may avoid redshirt but I don't think he gets much playing time unless there's an injury. You'll have to DRAG Mack off the field to give him a break, he wants to play every rep or every game and wants to make every tackle. True warrior. But when Mack leaves after the 2015 season I think Fields will fill in that spot (hopefully as a RS Freshman).

At LB, I hope to see Ben fill in for Anthony, Goodson move inside to fill the void that Stewart left and Dorian O' Daniel in the old Goodson spot along with Wiggins and Blanks in pass situations.

Who said Oliver Jones is leaving?***

Jan 9, 2015, 3:05 PM

Don't see the LBs being better in 2015 than this year. Just

Jan 9, 2015, 3:20 PM

no way to beat that two deep. Good assessment though!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't see the LBs being better in 2015 than this year. Just

Jan 10, 2015, 1:49 PM

In my overall assessment, I just feel like Boulware is as good a MLB as Anthony at this point in his career, not to dim the light of the accomplished player Anthony has been over his career at all...I also believe he has a higher ceiling. He is a head-hunter and just has an unmatched drive and determination to get to the ball. Steward has battled injuries, and still didn't look 100% this year but played well. I think his talent is easily replaced. NB will be just as good as last year, but more experienced. So as an overall LB assessment, how could you not think this group can be better than last with a spring, summer and fall to mesh??

Jan 10, 2015, 4:17 PM

I couldn't disagree more. Boulware is probably a better player than I think he is but I'm just not buying the hype yet. Saying that BB has a higher ceiling than a prototype MLB just sounds crazy to me. Steward is going to make an NFL roster so saying his talent is easily replaced also sounds like it falls in above category. It is my opinion that Ben is a fine footballer player with obvious lack of desirable open field speed. We were able to hide this flaw in our swarming defense which allowed him to play to his downhill style playing strength. It was obvious that when he was on the field even with All-American talent all around him that teams game planned to exploit this in the Louisville game and the OU first half. LB will be my spot of I'm most concerned about for the 2015 defense. My fear is that if BB is our starting MLB that there won't be quite the level of supporting cast to compliment his play style. We will see more QB draws and quick zone probing curl routes by TEs. I think CU fans should want Goodson slide over to MLB with maybe a newcomer at ILB allowing BB to spell our starters without a significant drop off in talent and leadership.

Jan 10, 2015, 4:21 PM

"Goodson slide over to MLB with maybe a newcomer at ILB allowing BB to spell our starters without a significant drop off in talent and leadership."

You think Ben is slow but want an even slower Goodson playing MLB. what ?

Jan 10, 2015, 4:23 PM

I don't think Goodson is slower. I think at worst it is even with Goodson being much larger so yeah....

Jan 10, 2015, 4:25 PM

I'm sorry but if you think Goodson is a better Linebacker than Ben then you don't have a clue

Jan 10, 2015, 4:34 PM

Your argument is so ironclad I'm starting to wonder how I ever believed differently. It's just my opinion don't let it work you up too much.

Purple_Panther

Jan 10, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't see the LBs being better in 2015 than this year. Just ]

The LaVar Arrington said it best Ben reminds him of Zach Thomas

Re: Purple_Panther

Jan 10, 2015, 4:37 PM

No one will be more thrilled to be wrong than me if BB is a unanimous 1st team All-American this year.

Jan 10, 2015, 4:42 PM

I'm sorry not trying to be a #### but I love watching the linebackers play and watch them every down while others are watching the DL etc . And think Ben is going to show everybody how good of a player he is this year .

Jan 10, 2015, 5:07 PM

Well your confidence is reassuring.

Boulware's much quicker than Goodson

Jan 10, 2015, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't see the LBs being better in 2015 than this year. Just ]

I don't know where you're getting this lack of speed thing with Boulware. Ed not slow and unathletic just because he's white. We're talking about a guy who was a top 150 recruit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't see the LBs being better in 2015 than this year. Just ]

I agree with everything 100%, but BB ceiling is higher because a ball-hawking, bull-blitzing MLB is what suits BV defense better. It's geared to stop the run and allowed man to man coverage with 1 deep safety and one safety in flat support. The first half of the OU game solidified BB as the MLB starter in 2015. He was simply phenomenal from the very first play.

Jan 10, 2015, 5:16 PM

I agree on your assessment of BV's defense but I can't fathom how you think the bigger, faster and likely first or second day NFL draft pick Stephone Anthony wasn't better suited for the job. I would also hesitate to call Ben ball-hawking this early in his game. Fumble recoveries are statistical luck and his pick 6 was as much Tavaris Barnes' (I think) doing as his own.

My biggest question mark for 2015

Jan 10, 2015, 2:09 PM

Is where will the pass rush come from? In order for the DB's to be man to man - we will need pressure. Last year they had to account for beastly and the line as well. Will need pressure. Who will step up and be the man (men)?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My biggest question mark for 2015

Jan 10, 2015, 3:19 PM

> Is where will the pass rush come from? In order for
> the DB's to be man to man - we will need pressure.
> Last year they had to account for beastly and the
> e line as well. Will need pressure. Who will step
> up and be the man (men)?

This is why coach V, hobby, brooks, and reed make big bucks to coach up players and our coaches are proving that they develop players. A lot of players outside our 2 deep this yr would be starting and contributing for other teams. There will be ups and downs but this defense is loaded with talented players who's waited patiently for their turn. Let's trust our defensive staff here.

Jan 10, 2015, 4:44 PM

I think everything except your O line is pretty accurate. Gore won't start, I can't see Mac Lain either. OJ will never be a tackle. And Korin Wiggins will start somewhere. The way offenses are now, we rarely have 3 linebackers on the field unless playin GT or BC

First. Let me say

Jan 10, 2015, 5:33 PM

Idk where ewe get our LB's will be better. Hope your right, but i doubt it. Anthony and Steward will be playing on Sundays. I think they'll be almost as good, but see a slight drop off there .

Let me add, rather reiterate***

Jan 10, 2015, 5:34 PM

That I hope the boys prove me wrong.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic