Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 weeks for high ankle sprain?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

2 weeks for high ankle sprain?

Dec 2, 2018, 11:28 PM

Hurts looked great so I think Bama will be fine either way but I don’t think the best trainers or doctors are curing Tua’s high ankle sprain in 2 weeks. Bet Hurts gets the nod for the Oklahoma game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 weeks for high ankle sprain?

Dec 2, 2018, 11:34 PM

Seems to take our Tigers more than 2 weeks to get over those. Also surprised that he wasn't wearing his knee brace. Did anyone else feel like his confidence was down in general?

I've see Tua move better he did in the UGA game.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:38 PM

His lack of mobility and the coaching demands that he refrain from running the ball totally changed his game. Imagine taking Tajh's or KB's running game from them. Both would go aspchit crazy and end up throwing half a dozen picks. Neither Tua or our two fine QBs could read a defense well enough to win a NC game.

Hurts always scared me more than Tua. Tua is like Baker Mayfield without the roids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've see Tua move better he did in the UGA game.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:49 AM

If u took KB running away would be worst Qb in tiger history

Dec 2, 2018, 11:37 PM

The game is 4 weeks away though.

What game is Bama playing in 2 weeks?

Dec 2, 2018, 11:42 PM

None.

Re: What game is Bama playing in 2 weeks?

Dec 3, 2018, 12:19 AM

Saba. Said he would be good in 2 weeks ( for practice I assume). I don’t think he will be ready in 4 weeks either

Dec 3, 2018, 12:25 AM

You know Saban is hiding the severity of it.

Dec 3, 2018, 1:03 AM

He loves his players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 3, 2018, 6:47 AM

From everything I have ever heard, high ankle sprains are a b---h to get over, and it normally takes more than two weeks!

Dec 3, 2018, 7:47 AM

Bam and it’s team doctors have taken a different (experimental) approach to high ankle sprains. It has been well documented and reported. They go in and scope the ankle and get very aggressive with stimulating the area to increase blood flow and healing. They claim 2 weeks for full recovery. Time will tell. Something tells me Tua had more than a high ankle sprain before the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is exactly right. Dr. Andrews and only a couple more orthopedic groups

Dec 3, 2018, 8:01 AM

That cater to the high level athlete claim to be able to do this procedure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way Tua is 100% by game time.

Dec 3, 2018, 7:13 AM

Of course I don't see the Okies doing anything to upset it anymore since they "don't even defense."

high ankle sprain is typically 6 week recovery. But this is for

Dec 3, 2018, 8:00 AM

The average person. Athletes do tend to heal quicker than 40 year old desk jockey men. That being said no way two weeks for a high ankle sprain. The gentleman above is correct. Dr. Andrews from the Andrews institute has a procedure that he claims can allow a high ankle sprain to heal in two weeks. I think they are talking about a “syndesmosis” procedure. However, the Andrews institute is on lock down. Even the Russians won’t penetrate what they’ve got going on. And to be fair like everything else there are degrees of high ankle sprain. If all the injuries he’s had this year though, Tua was in tears and looked like he knew this one was bad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 8:15 AM

Saban said to ESPN on the playoff show yesterday that their trainning staff typically scope these high anckle sprains and this procedure shortens the rest time and the players can be available in about two weeks. Even if it's three weeks it's still plenty of time to practice before the game.

Dec 3, 2018, 8:39 AM

What magic are they working with that scope?

I can tell you from direct first hand experience...

Dec 3, 2018, 8:36 AM

during my soccer playing days at Clemson, this is a nagging injury that will heal with time and rest.

Depending upon the severity, six weeks is about average if you stay off of it and don't re-aggravate it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Said something about "scoping" it helping the process.

Dec 3, 2018, 8:39 AM

But I'm not a doctor nor did I stay at a holiday inn express last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Said something about "scoping" it helping the process.

Dec 3, 2018, 8:42 AM

LOL!

Y’all are forgetting about

Dec 3, 2018, 8:46 AM

Y’all are forgetting about the extra soankings that tua’s daddy is gonna give em for getting hurt and throwing two INT’s.

In all seriousness, they’ll scope the ankle and probably put stem cells on it or something. So long as he doesn’t retweak it, which will probably happen, he will be ok. But my thoughts is you’ll see Jalen Hurts play a lot.

Dec 3, 2018, 8:46 AM

Jalen Hurts had the samething it took waaay over 2 weeks

Dec 3, 2018, 8:47 AM

Apparently Bama tries to deal with injuries like they do with recruits, just throw money at it.

I doubt the best doctors and rehab facilities in the world could get someone back to normal with a high ankle sprain in two weeks though.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic