Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 things on yesterday. Not a Lindsay fan, but never been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 331

2 things on yesterday. Not a Lindsay fan, but never been

Sep 28, 2018, 9:38 AM

more proud of him than yesterday! Only pub with nads and isnt scared of his shadow.

Besides BK knocking it out of the park, I was stuck by how poor the Pubs were prepared for questioning with that lawyer. Also struck by how ill prepared BK was on a few easy questions that he knew were coming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 things on yesterday. Not a Lindsay fan, but never been

Sep 28, 2018, 9:42 AM

it is not that he was not prepared, he is just not very bright, and he is also emotionally challenged. That was on full display yesterday. How this guy became a circuit judge in the first place...., wait never mind. Dubya gave him his seat.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol.....just lol.....

Sep 28, 2018, 10:29 AM

This is exactly the type of imaginary intellectual superiority required to be a hyper-partisan theses days. In fact, I think it’s mandatory to glean such self-affirmation from demonizing and criticizing your ideological opponents to absurd levels.

Not vey bright—top of his class at Yale and Yale law—-fantastic. You just reminded me of the appliance delivery guys in Money for Nothing bagging on rock stars. Appreciate the chuckle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 9:43 AM

I thought it was embarrassing to watch a grown man throw a giant temper tantrum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was glorious watching a grown man take the BS democrats

Sep 28, 2018, 9:47 AM

to the woodshed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which grown man and which tantrum. By my count

Sep 28, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 things on yesterday. Not a Lindsay fan, but never been ]

Graham had Kavanaugh beat 2 to 1 in tantrum throwing.

The displays by LG and BK are exactly what doesn't

Sep 28, 2018, 9:52 AM

need to be in our government. We have an over-emotional manchild in the WH, we certainly don't need on the SCOTUS for the next 30 years. The disrespect he showed when someone actually asked him a real question, like Kobuchar, shows his arrogance towards those not like him(democrats and women).

It's OK for Rush, Rachel, Sean, Tucker, and other TV/Radio hosts to act like angry children, but it just doesn't need to be anywhere near our government.

but your fine with Sparticus and Finestein and Crazy B Maxin***

Sep 28, 2018, 9:53 AM

Not sure who spartacus or crazy b are. Kavanaugh was

Sep 28, 2018, 9:56 AM

right about calling this process a "circus" and a "national disgrace". But he and Graham provided the clown show.

lol***

Sep 28, 2018, 9:57 AM

Sounds like you presume Kavanaugh guilty

Sep 28, 2018, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Not sure who spartacus or crazy b are. Kavanaugh was ]

His reaction, if innocent, was pretty natural.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You expect a member of the Supreme Court to act

Sep 28, 2018, 11:27 AM

like that? The temperament and partisanship will not be good for the court.

Yes, I expect a human being to act like that

Sep 28, 2018, 11:37 AM

The guy was accused of running a gang rape ring by a crazy #### lawyer. If he's innocent of the whole Ford thing, he's probably wondering why nobody's paid attention to the fact that she has no corroborating witnesses, including her best friend who says she can't remember that party or happening or even meeting Kavanaugh.

Meanwhile, we all know that if Kavanaugh had been emotionless, he'd be taken to task for that, too, and his testimony would've have had much of an impact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one would expect him to be

Sep 28, 2018, 11:59 AM

emotionless in that type of setting, yet from a SC nominee, I would expect a more reasoned response in the face of adversity, instead of emotional outpouring. And staring down dems on the committee while charging headlong into Clinton conspiracy payback scenarios doesn't seem to show good, for the lack of a better term, judgement.

The text of his testimony was very well reasoned***

Sep 28, 2018, 12:01 PM

No matter how it is printed

Sep 28, 2018, 12:22 PM

partisanship, arrogance, and theatrics will not be good for the court.

His remarks were spot on and needed to be said....

Sep 28, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to The displays by LG and BK are exactly what doesn't ]

it is what we NEED in DC right now. Calling out the actions of the dems on that committee and the whole process was needed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LG had a hissy fit for reporters after the morning session

Sep 28, 2018, 10:01 AM

and another one in chamber during BK's session. It was an embarrassing childish display on both occasions. Let's not forget that McConnell refused to even entertain BK's friend and colleague, Garland's nomination.

If you want to play partisan BS, do in the lower house...just get all those childish inclinations out where it doesn't have to be on display to the world.

It's like some of y'all are totally discounting the fact

Sep 28, 2018, 10:34 AM

that we're accusing a man of sexual assault here, with no proof, no corroboration, all while dragging he and his family's name through the mud on a worldwide scale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're also putting a guy on the Supreme Court who has been

Sep 28, 2018, 10:46 AM

credibly accused of rape in a public setting. There is no proof, sure, but there is an accusation. This is not a criminal proceeding, so there is no burden of proof apart from who you believe.

If you believe her, he shouldn't be on the court. If you don't, he should be appointed.

It doesn't even have to be so dramatic.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So an accusation is enough? Regardless of what evidence or

Sep 28, 2018, 11:05 AM

corroboration there is to verify it? That's a dangerous precedent to set, not only for Supreme Court nominees, but for everyone.

It's just kind of amazing to me how some people are able to discount the life wrecking damage a sexual assault accusation causes, as if it's akin to being accused of some petty crime. You see it with the, "Well look what Republicans did with Merrick Garland" comments, and others mocking him for being emotional.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a precedent for everyone

Sep 28, 2018, 11:14 AM

but if a woman accuses you of rape, you are going to get investigated on the charge. But this is not a criminal setting. This is a job interview.

And I don't have a problem with it. All the other allegations were rejected and ignored by all but the most partisan. This one rang as credible, and it should have been aired.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyone has a problem with an investigation

Sep 28, 2018, 11:29 AM

But the accusation should have been aired weeks ago, and the fact that it wasn't speaks volumes to me. It was clearly weaponized into a smear campaign.

Ford did not want to testify...

Sep 28, 2018, 11:38 AM

Feinstein wanted to honor her wishes. Someone else leaked the letter. Either "the congresswoman from California" or the "lawyers who were involved" or one of Ford's friends who knew about it.

Even Lindsay, in the midst of his toned down day two rant, said he knew her office didn't leak it.

The letter got leaked, the story hit the public and it became an issue. Not sure who weaponized it.

All political BS aside. If you’re on a jury, do

Sep 28, 2018, 12:22 PM [ in reply to So an accusation is enough? Regardless of what evidence or ]

you believe a credible eye witness?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but this would never even make it to trial

Sep 28, 2018, 12:27 PM

No DA would file charges with such a lack of evidence.

Depends...

Sep 28, 2018, 12:31 PM

pretty sure this case is perfect for the jailhouse snitch. You put a guy who likes to talk in the cell with the accused. The accused sleeps. The guy who loves to talk testifies that that the accused admitted his crime! And the guy who loves to talk gets a little time knocked off his sentence. Win-win-win.

I guess that would depend on what you meant by credible

Sep 28, 2018, 12:31 PM [ in reply to All political BS aside. If you’re on a jury, do ]

I don't automatically believe someone because they're say, a doctor. In this particular case, I could get past the timing of bringing this to light if there were at least one other person willing to corroborate even part of her story. Someone that could say, yes I was at a party with Dr. Ford and Kavanaugh.

He was CALLING OUT partisan BS....

Sep 28, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to LG had a hissy fit for reporters after the morning session ]

you are claiming here to despise. You are failing to see that the partisan BS is dragging the Judge through the mud on unsubstantiated claims from high school after holding the claims from the committee until right before the initial vote was scheduled.

as a member of Gang of 8/16 he does have moral high ground

Sep 28, 2018, 10:50 AM

he voted FOR sotamyor and Keagan even though they are Dems. As one of his constituents I disagreed with him at the time for partisan reasons.

He was assailing the bastardization of the "advise and consent" clause in the Constitution.

He is a slimy guy but he is consistent on this subject.

Lulz. He was calling out partisan BS by ironically

Sep 28, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to He was CALLING OUT partisan BS.... ]

making a tough partisan speech.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right!....

Sep 28, 2018, 1:15 PM

except it's not

THAT is what shouldnt be in our government?

Sep 28, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to The displays by LG and BK are exactly what doesn't ]

nevermind the scorched earth policy the Democrats employ on anyone that stands in their way of "progress?"

Elected and Bureaucratic government officials openly calling for violence against anyone opposed to them?

attacking public servants in public places just because of their politics?

How about the guy that shot up the softball practice with Senators and Reps?

All that is ok?

Got it.

Step away from the FoxNews, dude.

Sep 28, 2018, 10:04 AM

None of what you said would be anything I'd endorse. Stop thinking in terms of black/white, right/left, up/down.

wont endorse it but also will not condemn it

Sep 28, 2018, 10:10 AM

do you dispute that any of that took place?

Do you condemn any of it?

or do the ends justify the means

If you'd like to provide a list of specific examples, I'd be

Sep 28, 2018, 10:19 AM

glad to give my opinion. But if you want a blanket condemnation, consider it to be of any politician who throws tantrums to make a point and any constituent that embraces violence over reason. Our politicians yesterday made the US look like a third world banana republic and it was shameful.

And if your fishing in the blue wave pool, you won't find me; I've voted for far more Republicans than Democrats in my lifetime.

1) attempted murder

Sep 28, 2018, 10:33 AM

2) Maxine Waters calling for violence against Trump Administration members

3) Feinstien sitting on this letter for 2 months to throw it up at the last second for political reasons. She had this letter in her desk as Kavanaugh sat in her office answering questions for 3 hours during his meetings with Senators.

4) Attacking Sarah Sanders and Senator Ted Cruz in public and threatening violence to the point that they cannot enjoy a private time with family.

ok go

OK Mr. FoxNews, here goes:

Sep 28, 2018, 11:15 AM

1)What do you think? I'm glad the baseball practice shooter is dead. Before he harmed others and their families, I wish he'd just turned the gun on himself instead. There is no place in our world for people like this.

2)Waters is a lightning rod for controversy often; I don't like many of her positions, but I can respect her as a person who started with little and earned her positions through her political career. Her exact words in the example you gave:

"Mr. President, we are not afraid of you … and while you think you have gotten away with everything that you’ve done, we are going to show you that you haven’t gotten away with anything. We want the children back. We want them connected to their parents. We want it done now. We are going to insist on it. If you think we’re rallying out here, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

"Already, you have members of your Cabinet that have been booed out of restaurants, who have protesters taking up at their house who sang, ‘No peace, no sleep. No peace, no sleep.’ And guess what, we’re going to win this battle ... so let’s stay the course. Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere ... Mr. President, we will see you everyday, every hour of the day, everywhere that we are to let you know you cannot get away with this."

Trump then tweeted, "Congresswoman Maxine Waters, an extraordinarily low IQ person, has become, together with Nancy Pelosi, the Face of the Democrat Party. She has just called for harm to supporters, of which there are many, of the Make America Great Again movement. Be careful what you wish for Max!"

Where's the violence in her statement? Though, I don't agree with the tactic, I don't see how making someone uncomfortable equates to violence. It is Trump that uses the word "harm" and yet again refers to a black person as "low IQ". Trump needs to rein his fat little twidder troll in and quit embarrassing the office of the Presidency.

3)A calculated political failure on her part. Given the letter in confidence, she should respected Dr. Ford's trust and handled this cr@p behind the scenes, out of the eye of the public. Kavanaugh's behavior as a young man could easily be investigated since he's been in/around DC most of his life and you can't swing a cat in DC without hitting a Yalie...she could've found out with or without the FBI what kind of person he was as a young man. Also, his temperament and partisan nature could've easily been detailed before his tantrum yesterday. Dumb move by a seasoned politician.

4)Again? Sanders and Cruz say revolting things in public, to the American people in the name of Trump's idiocy. If they don't like being made uncomfortable in public, they shouldn't support his nonsense so fervently. Trump is the most purposely divisive president in our history, Sanders works for him...she's in a bit of a pickle. Cruz on the other hand...he has a choice.

Agree. Political grandstanding speeches with no substance.***

Sep 28, 2018, 10:45 AM [ in reply to The displays by LG and BK are exactly what doesn't ]

So funny how people see the same thing differently

Sep 28, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to The displays by LG and BK are exactly what doesn't ]

Your comment about "those not like him" and women is incredibly stupid.

Sorry you didn't like my words, you rarely do. Nice to

Sep 28, 2018, 11:23 AM

be called "stupid", I think you used "silly" last time.

It was more apt this time

Sep 28, 2018, 11:25 AM

You should try being more charitable towards people you disagree with, yourself, instead of alleging some sort of pathology.

nanny nanny boo boo?***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:28 AM

LG was awesome. BK...not so much.***

Sep 28, 2018, 9:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you put so much credence on tough talk that

Sep 28, 2018, 10:44 AM

doesn’t mean shlt. LG’s speech was all political and didn’t mean shlt.

dunno if it ultimately means sh##, but it wasn’t all

Sep 28, 2018, 10:54 AM

Political. That went way beyond Senate norms. That was personal.

LG has always been a reach across the aisle kind of guy. I think his outburst yesterday was sincere and probably frosted quite a few dem allegiances he had built. That wasn’t a “let’s go have a beer after this is all over” kind of commentary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

b/c the pubs are weenies and never stand up

Sep 28, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Why do you put so much credence on tough talk that ]

to the BS coming from the libs and the media.
This is why Trump won the primaries. Pubs have to battle for votes but also against the media which is crazy bias.

When someone finally stands up to this ####, its refreshing.

But don’t you see he was guilty of what he was charging the

Sep 28, 2018, 11:44 AM

Dems with, making it political.

They had to let her testify, weeks ago, today, or in the future.

he called out the politics. Only one stmt did i see

Sep 28, 2018, 11:52 AM

that was poltical about Clinton.

Imo, Ford was fragile and somewhat under stress.

Sep 28, 2018, 11:15 AM

Had they gone after her it would not have been keeping with the heart of America. I would have been angry and the Me Too movement would have scorched the earth to get them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my Main issue with BK was the stupid

Sep 28, 2018, 11:21 AM

“How much did you drink?” Type replies.....

They were snarky, juvenile, and generally unproductive.

They were the kind of responses I spend hours

Sep 28, 2018, 11:26 AM

trying to convince my clients not to make. Yes, No or I don't remember. And if they are asking about something less that 1 year old, the answer is yes or no.

Do NOT get defensive and start fighting with the questioner. Especially if you are a judge, because no judge would ever allow a witness in their own courtroom to get away with that ####.

Probably unwise to do

Sep 28, 2018, 11:42 AM

But imagine if the judge had called your client "evil" before the trial even started. This is a little bit different.

I'm missing the extension to the analogy?

Sep 28, 2018, 11:54 AM

who's the judge who called him evil? The Senator who asked the drinking questions?

Senator Booker called him evil before the hearing

Sep 28, 2018, 12:02 PM

The issue is that it seemed a lot of people had their minds made up before "judging" the case. So the "judges" were more like adversaries than impartial umpires.

Well, Imma be honest...

Sep 28, 2018, 12:08 PM

In states where judges are appointed or voted on and in the Federal system, now more than ever, judges don't call your client evil, but you know which ones are thinking it when you go in.

I still tell clients not to get defensive like that. It's a terrible look for an uneducated landscaper who hurt his knee, much less a sitting appellate court judge.

Maybe. Just seems real to me.

Sep 28, 2018, 12:13 PM

Plus, I don't think that kind of emotion is entirely out of the ordinary at Congressional hearings. And it seems like if this was an issue with him, it would've come up in his years of being a judge.

If he'd have stuck to dry yes, no, do not recall answers

Sep 28, 2018, 1:42 PM [ in reply to They were the kind of responses I spend hours ]

He might as well have never even tried to defend himself because he'd have certainly been guilty in the court of public opinion if he took that route.

GO TIGERS!!

Sep 28, 2018, 12:38 PM

Right, they couldn't attack Ford's credibility, they couldn't defend Kavanaugh so they attacked Democrats instead.

Tribal partisanship at it's finest.

Replies: 58
| visibility 331
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic