Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1987 Clemson Program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

1987 Clemson Program

Jun 30, 2018, 7:17 PM

Thought I would share, picked up this cool 1987 program at the jockey lot this morning, also got the 1991, 1992, and 1998 programs as well.

I liked the cover on this one and noticed that the carpet on the Hill is blue and the entrance to the stadium is just a chain link fence! Funny how things have changed so much, I love the nostalgia of things like this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1987 Clemson Program

Jun 30, 2018, 7:49 PM

It's a nice program cover, but it's obvious that carpet should have been replaced before the sun turned the orange into yellow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 9:16 PM

Thanks for sharing and getting me depressed tonight. This (at the time) 35 year old man cried all the way way back to Columbia that day in 87 when a #### poor NCSU team beat us 30-28. Thought it was over at half but Rodney was darn good in the 4th qtr until the end of the game. Y the hell danny called 3 straight passing plays is beyond me. Heck we had the ball at midfield and first down Terry Allen rushed 5 yrds. All we needed was a field goal. I’d have run Terry 4 straight times until they proved they could stop him. Would have been the greatest comeback in clemson history and I really think we’d have gone on to win the natty... ugh

Thanks again!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2018, 11:41 AM

I remember the disappointment as well. We had small children in those days and I wanted to leave at half time to start for home. Since we didn't get to many games, we stayed and glad we did. #### Sheridan was the NCS coach and seemed to have the perfect game plan for the Tigers that day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: 1987 Clemson Program ]

I was there. 4th and 5. Rodney couldn’t complete the pass. One of the greatest 2nd half comebacks in Clemson history. One more first down and we would have won to remain undefeated and in the hunt for another national championship.
Tough loss. You’re right. It still stings even today.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I greatly prefer the blue carpet, but not the chain link

Jun 30, 2018, 9:48 PM

Good post. Enjoyed the pictures.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I greatly prefer the blue carpet, but not the chain link

Jun 30, 2018, 10:14 PM

I kinda liked the chain link. Then again i liked the way it was in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s. What can I say just an old fart who loved the hill.

And yes I got a permanent injury from climbing over the fence rushing the field and peeps pulling and pushing to get over, never has once crossed my mind that I should have whined about it like the snowflakes today.

And yes my brother still has a scar on his head from slidding headfirst into the fennce on a cold wet windy icey day against Maryland. It was a lot of fun using the hill as a slip and slide. Fun times my young friends, fun times.

I love Clemson and everything it stands for. Them days was considered a sin to be a student and Not go to a game!!! Snowflakes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic