Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The most upset you've ever been during Clemson vs. SCar game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

The most upset you've ever been during Clemson vs. SCar game?

Nov 21, 2016, 8:52 PM

Mine would have to be '92 with Tanneyhill or '13 with SCar winning their 5th in a row. In '13 I was close to blowing a gasket.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i get upset during every game we play them good or bad

Nov 21, 2016, 8:56 PM

except the 63-17 game and maybe the I think 1989 game we beat them 45-0 in smelly brice.

Re: i get upset during every game we play them good or bad

Nov 21, 2016, 9:04 PM

Anytime we ever lose to the chickens. Have been reading forums for about four years now. Finally joined Tigernet tonight. So glad to be on board with my fellow Clemson brothers and sisters.

Re: i get upset during every game we play them good or bad

Nov 21, 2016, 11:15 PM [ in reply to i get upset during every game we play them good or bad ]

I feel your pain. I love the game, but every play I am on pins and needles.

TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train

Nov 21, 2016, 8:58 PM

smh

Re: TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train

Nov 21, 2016, 9:09 PM

Totally agree. Had the game won had he left him in. He was killing them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This...worse coaching decision ever against coots***

Nov 21, 2016, 9:23 PM

Re makes my butt crave stove wood.***

Nov 21, 2016, 10:29 PM

This one! And 2013 was terrible. My senior year at Clemson.

Nov 21, 2016, 9:37 PM [ in reply to TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train ]

It completed the Tigers going 0-4 against the coots while I was a student.

Nov 21, 2016, 10:25 PM [ in reply to TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train ]

Mine too...

^^^THIS...a thousand times this ^^^^***

Nov 21, 2016, 10:28 PM [ in reply to TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 21, 2016, 10:58 PM [ in reply to TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train ]

This!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2001 @ Carolina

Nov 21, 2016, 11:04 PM

Only reason being that I was 8 years old, and it was the first time in my life that I actually watched the games start to finish and understood what was going on that I saw Clemson lose to them. Took it pretty hard and remember crying as it punctuated a very disappointing 6-5 season for us, after going 9-3 the season prior in TB's 2nd year.

Was final home game my senior year @ CU

Nov 22, 2016, 12:30 AM [ in reply to TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train ]

Watching them blow a 28-14 halftime lead, that final drive stall after Merriweather was taken out, then Dean miss the FG. Hearing 'USC' chants coming out of the valley after that kick was the most nauseating & depressing sound I heard.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 7:56 AM [ in reply to TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train ]

Hail yes! I'm still mad at CTB for that bone-headed decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand why everyone uses this as a reason we lost that game

Nov 22, 2016, 9:02 AM

Merriweather only had 3 carries for 23 yards. It's not like he was gashing them up and down the field. On that same drive, cj had runs of 23, 9, and 8 yards. Why isn't everyone upset he was taken out? Here is what happened on that last drive.

7:21 left, first down, RM rushes for 10 yards
6:59 left, first down, RM rushes for 7 yards
Then a false start
6:12 left, on 2nd and 12, WP pass incomplete
5:58 left, on 3rd and 12, WP pass complete for a first down
5:05 left, WP sacked
4:46 left, cj spiller rush for 23 yards and a first down
4:16 left, cj rushes for 9 yards
2:58, a few plays later, cj rushes for 8 yards and a first down
2:34 left, RM rushes for 6 yards
Then, a few plays later, James Davis was given the ball 3 times for two s of 3, 2, and -1, setting up the field goal attempt. Given the situation, sc knew we were running to set up a short field goal, so it really didn't matter who was in the game.

So how in the world is it the coaches fault for taking out merriweather during that drive when he really wasn't even having a big impact on it?

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=263290228&action=recap
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Re: I don't understand why everyone uses this as a reason we lost that game

Nov 22, 2016, 8:27 PM

I'm upset about CJ being pulled on that drive. But not at Tommy. Coot Carlos Thomas intentionally twisted CJ''s ankle in the pile and put him out of the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 22, 2016, 8:57 PM [ in reply to TB taking Reggie out when he was running like a Train ]

Ditto. This one is mine too. A close 2nd is Boyd throwing the INT instead of running the ball onto the endzone. Tried to float it to Sammy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The most upset you've ever been during Clemson vs. SCar game?

Nov 21, 2016, 8:59 PM

When Addison Williams was covering Aaron Kelley on an important third down in 2007.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

The 2012 game where we let Dylan Thompson beat us.

Nov 21, 2016, 9:00 PM

It was the equivalent of us having to start Nick Schuessler this Saturday and winning easily.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One small difference

Nov 21, 2016, 10:05 PM

I believe Nick has developed his game to the point where he could beat SC about the same as we would with DeShaun running the offense. He played very well vs Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2016, 9:07 PM

I think it was 2013 one of the opening drives of the game. Tajh was bringing the team down the field and Chad Morris called WR pass from Sammy Watkins and he threw a pick. Made no sense to pull out a trick play there

Yes, I always thought that was a very ill advised call.***

Nov 21, 2016, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2016, 9:16 PM

Mine has to be ponyhill and the way he reacted. Especially since that's all coot radio has talked about. Said savior Bentley told them he was going to do the same thing on his first trip to the valley. Also said he couldn't wait destroy the paw at midfield and that he would pull it up after he wins. Can't believe he said that but they said it on the radio.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll pay Bentley's hospital bill if he

Nov 21, 2016, 9:55 PM

wants to give it a try. It would be worth the money just to sit back and watch him try. I don't think I've ever seen 80,000 people on the field at one time...

2012 when Clowney sacked Boyd to end game

Nov 21, 2016, 9:56 PM

Or 2006 when We missed the field goal

Nov 21, 2016, 10:11 PM

Watching the Tigers lose in WB in 1987 on a cold night in the "Rodney" game was no fun. The turnovers in 2013 were the last time I was really ticked off because we were the better team!

Go Tigers!

Nov 21, 2016, 11:15 PM

When we pulled Reggie Merriweather from the game on the final drive even though he was the only back gaining yards. Still don't get that move. Lost the game on that one.

Nov 22, 2016, 12:36 AM

2013.....I wanted Tajh to have one win against them so badly.

2012. I was near a nuclear level type meltdown

Nov 22, 2016, 2:21 AM

I left with 2 minutes left in the game, stomped my way back to the car and drove back to ATL on the verge of a stroke. I promised myself not to listen to the post game b/c I didn't want to hear any excuses, but I could help myself. After 3-4 minutes, I turned the radio off cause I was only getting more upset.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 6:36 AM

Was my final game as a student and they just flat-out killed us. I hated every second of it. Effing Taneyhill strutting up and down the field, a trick play kickoff (to a high school classmate of all things) that was almost returned for a TD, and just to add insult to injury that loss gave us a losing season and kept us out of a (crappy) bowl.

1984: We were up like 21-3 at half, maybe 21-0. Lost 22-21.

Nov 22, 2016, 7:20 AM

Back then a near 3 TD lead was practically impossible to lose.

Wasn't that when they announced Perry broke a record

Nov 22, 2016, 7:36 AM

in the fourth quarter and then he danced around like superman, and then the chickens drove the ball down his throat to win the game at the end!?

That game made me sick.

Re: 1984: We were up like 21-3 at half, maybe 21-0. Lost 22-21.

Nov 22, 2016, 7:47 AM [ in reply to 1984: We were up like 21-3 at half, maybe 21-0. Lost 22-21. ]

USC went for a 4th down and goal from the 4 yard line..................ran a quick trap off left tackle and scored the TD right before halftime.

In the second half, Eppley gets run down in our end zone for a safety( the ball was snapped on the 19 yard line....go figure )

22-21

Ugly day.

Re: 1984: We were up like 21-3 at half, maybe 21-0. Lost 22-21.

Nov 22, 2016, 12:53 PM [ in reply to 1984: We were up like 21-3 at half, maybe 21-0. Lost 22-21. ]

That was my senior year at Clemson. We actually left at half-time because we knew we had won. My dads company had a big tailgate spot and we wanted to get all the free alcohol and food we could get our hands on. Didn't know we had lost until people started leaving the stadium.

Easy. 1975. End zone seats at the Roach, with the sun

Nov 22, 2016, 7:45 AM

turning the whole artificial turf field white, couldn't see sidelines, yard lines, or anything else. Oh, and UsuK QB Jeff Grantz ran for about a gazillion yards and we got smoked 56-20. Other than that, everything was just peachy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 7:57 AM

Not being able to contain Conner Shaw. Great kid from a great family and I wish him the best now that he no longer wears a coot jersey. Go Tigers.????????????????????????

2011. We had the better team. Boyd got rattled. Sammy had a

Nov 22, 2016, 8:41 AM

drop on a sure TD. Fumbled a punt late. Gotta quit explaining. Getting angry again.

that was the Humphries muff fiasco***

Nov 22, 2016, 12:34 PM

Pulling Merriweather at the goal line.***

Nov 22, 2016, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Pulling Merriweather at the goal line.***

Nov 22, 2016, 8:32 PM

We weren't even close to the goal line. We were around the 25.

losing the 5th in a row***

Nov 22, 2016, 12:54 PM

Nov 22, 2016, 12:56 PM

the fight

Nov 22, 2016, 7:06 PM

You're lucky, if you came close to blowing gasket. I blowed everything that has a hint of a gasket. I Ripped out the tranny right before I jumped out my GMC Canyon going off the side of the grand canyon. That was 5 pretty tough years playing against the Spurrier coots, but it will be another 110 years before they find another Spurrier like coach to dive into that cesspool again!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When shaw got hurt and lurch coverted on 3 and 11

Nov 22, 2016, 7:17 PM

with his legs! AND it happened in our house!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When shaw got hurt and lurch coverted on 3 and 11

Nov 22, 2016, 8:33 PM

It was like 3rd and 18. I'll never forget that, I was so pizzzed.

Nov 22, 2016, 8:40 PM

About ten years ago when we beat Carolina in Columbia... a kid selling the placards with the score of the game outside the stadium got pushed violently to the ground from behind by an upset Gamecock "fan" and his merchandise went in a thousand directions. Both groups of fans did come together to help him get up and regroup.

T. Boyd's fumbles!***

Nov 22, 2016, 8:46 PM

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic