Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1981 National Champion LB Otis Lindsey
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,664

1981 National Champion LB Otis Lindsey

Dec 23, 2018, 9:30 PM

Bumped into Lindsey at Lowes in Irmo and he commented on this years Tigers. He, like all of us is expecting Clemson to win the Natty of his year. His comment: we have a QB that can chunk it this year! I couldn't agree more! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1981 National Champion LB Otis Lindsey

Dec 23, 2018, 10:00 PM

I think we have a great chance if we beat ND. I say if only because this years team hasn’t been battle tested like teams past. BC and Duke helped us a bunch and I’m hoping the coots did too in the fact we can’t take one play off.

On the flip side, ND hasn’t either. Hate to admit it but unfortunately the schedule was what it was. Years past we had fla st, Lewisville, and va tech that gave us adversity and games in the 4th q. This isn’t a negative comment or thinking... but I’d feel more comfortable if we’d have played that caliber team.

Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texas A&M says hello!***

Dec 23, 2018, 10:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 3:10 AM [ in reply to Re: 1981 National Champion LB Otis Lindsey ]

But we have lots of seniors on this team that has been more than battle tested, and they know how to pull the younger guys together!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The vast majority of the players

Dec 24, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: 1981 National Champion LB Otis Lindsey ]

are probably more battle tested than any team in history in The Playoffs.

Most Alabama players leave after 3 seasons and Saban doesn't play backups nearly as much as Dabo.

The only player that starts would be TL. The most important player, but also the only player.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 23, 2018, 10:27 PM

Well, all I can say is we have all it takes to WIN IT ALL!!

Do we? We'll know in TL - 6 days.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 10:41 PM

Oh, no doubt about it. We got players and play makers to do it. My only concern is the backend of out D. ND has a good oline and book is a good qb. As I was trying to say in the last post is we really don’t know how good ND is either. Nothing you can really look at and say, here’s their weakness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 12:16 AM

Oh, no doubt about it. We got players and play makers to do it. My only concern is the backend of out D. ND has a good oline and book is a good qb. As I was trying to say in the last post is we really don’t know how good ND is either. Nothing you can really look at and say, here’s their weakness.

Kelly is trying to talk his team up because he sees ND's weakness in their eyes....They haven't been here before and it will show. We have, therefore 'WE' are their weakness. Our 'WILL', is their weakness. I think some folks on here need to grow a pair and enjoy and believe in this ride we on cause it will not last forever. I revel in the talk of being one of two or three powerhouse programs and I can hardly wait until our Tigers force our WILL on the fighting Irish and crush their spirit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 8:38 AM

The only thing I will disagree about with is Kelly does NOT see his team weaknesses. He sees a very good Tiger team but he is clueless about his golden domers. If anything he is arrogant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've actually found Kelly

Dec 24, 2018, 8:56 AM

To be pretty realistic in his comments so far. In 2015, my sense is he felt his Irish squad was truly the better team and expected to win. This time around, he knows Clemson can out-talent his squad, but the Irish are solid enough to win if enough breaks fall their way. Let's face it, this Irish team is better than the Pitt and 'Cuse squads the Tigers stubbed their toes against. That said, this Tiger squad is definitely more talented than the one on the field that 'lost' Friday night in Syracuse last year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: 1981 National Champion LB Otis Lindsey ]

Their biggest weakness is lack of overall team speed. They are big and strong, built to go toe-to-toe in a heavyweight title fight. We can play that game on D, but that's not our game on O. Speed kills and we have it in abundance. They don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 24, 2018, 9:58 AM

Thanks David78, that’s the kind of analysis I was looking for. I caught some of their game against cuse and some of the game against the real usc but other than that, I haven’t seen them play.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,664
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic