Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you remember the first college football game you watched?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Do you remember the first college football game you watched?

Aug 13, 2012, 7:44 PM

Do you remember the first college football game you watched? On TV or in person.

Mine was Texas A&M vs. Army in '06. It was a great game that was very close. Got me hooked on college football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure I was sitting in My dads lap before I could sit

Aug 13, 2012, 7:47 PM

on my own watching college football and the Braves

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How old are you?***

Aug 13, 2012, 7:52 PM

Re: How old are you?***

Aug 13, 2012, 7:54 PM

21. I got into sports late...haha

Aug 13, 2012, 8:20 PM

So you missed the 63-17 classic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2012, 8:26 PM

Yeah, unfortunately. '08 is the only time I've seen us beat USuC. I'm watching the '06 GT game right now ;)

I can remember watching a game between the Colts.....

Aug 13, 2012, 7:54 PM

and the Giants in 1960 with my Dad - was five years old but I remember sitting with him and watching it in black and white.

Bears-Giants NFL championship 1963, Bears won

Aug 13, 2012, 8:00 PM

on QB sneak, 14-10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson - Duke around '67 or '68, that I can remember.

Aug 13, 2012, 7:59 PM

I remember sitting in the end zone and the ball from an extra point hitting me in the head.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Clemson - Duke around '67 or '68, that I can remember.-

Aug 13, 2012, 8:00 PM

so that's what caused it. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First game in DV ... 1995 vs. Dawgs ... throwback unis***

Aug 13, 2012, 7:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you remember the first college football game you watched?

Aug 13, 2012, 8:03 PM

The last "Big Thursday" I was hooked on college football and The Clemson Tigers for life!!!!

Aug 13, 2012, 8:05 PM

I kicked the slats outa my cradle, the first college football game I watched. But then my brother gave me a stogie and a cold one and that settled me down!!

1995 vs UNC

Aug 13, 2012, 8:05 PM

No idea who won, or what happened in the game, but I do remember walking around downtown, tailgating in front of Little John, and meeting Frank Howard a few months before he passed away. I even remember that we sat in the upper bowl of the lower deck around the 50 on the Visitors, I was in awe of the Stadium. I was only 7, but its was a day that set me on the path that I am on today.

the correct answer for almost everyone is "no"

Aug 13, 2012, 8:18 PM

odds are very high that you were in a room with your dad, granddad, etc. when you were a small child and watched a game on TV, a game that you have zero recollection of today.

I know that I watched dozens upon dozens as a kid that I cannot remember now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember the 86 season of the

Aug 13, 2012, 8:19 PM

NY Giants as I loved the Giants then with LT, Joe Morris, Phil Simms and Carl Banks. As For Clemson it was the Georgia game in 86. I watched games in 85, but can't really remember them. I was in the room playing when Clemson won the NC, but was 4 and don't remember sadly.

My first live was the record balloon launch vs Maryland***

Aug 13, 2012, 8:21 PM

78 Clemson/Not.Dame??

I think.

Don't remember the first I watched on TV, but the first

I attended (of all places) was a USC/NCState game as a young boy scout. Our Scoutmaster was a NC State grad and wanted to see Roman Gabriel in action, so he brought the entire troop to Columbia. Boy, did I feel lost....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no.***

Aug 13, 2012, 8:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Earliest one I remember: FSU vs Miami 2003:

Aug 13, 2012, 8:34 PM

This game got me into college football. Also, this play is seared into my head and I still find myself thinking about it when Miami and FSU play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AiPlGZWJSE

Re: 1976 chicks vs Tigers. The day I became a Tiger!***

Aug 13, 2012, 8:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Furman in Sirrine Stadium in 66 or 67

Aug 13, 2012, 8:44 PM

My dad was great friends with FU Head Coach Bob King. Ig you bought season tickets your kids got in free...IF they wore their purple beanie that had the year '66 or '67 on it.
I'm so glad there are no pictures, whew!

I went to a few CU games in late 60's I remember The Hill and Cokes with the plastic film tops and it being SOOOOOOOOOO HOT!

I remember watching my coots in the '69 Peach Bowl on TV.
Went to the first game when Carolina Stadium became Williams-Brice, my dad bought a square yard of Astroturf. Dickie Harris had a HUGE game and I was hooked.

Aug 13, 2012, 8:46 PM

I saw us play PC 2 years in a row. Maybe '48 & '49. Beat them something like 48-0.

Aug 13, 2012, 8:47 PM

yale and brown in new haven,ct sometime in the 50's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Bama vs LSU 1984***

Aug 13, 2012, 8:50 PM

Aug 13, 2012, 8:52 PM

No, but I have nightmares about the last Clemson football game I watched.

Army @ ND, 1980 or so.***

Aug 13, 2012, 8:53 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

It was 1969, I was 3 years old, and it was The Citadel

vs. William & Mary. It was one of the best days of my life to that point and my second-earliest memory (the first moon landing a couple of months prior is my earliest). My maternal grandfather was a three-year Citadel letterman who would later storm the beach @ Omaha. He took me to every Citadel home game from 1969-73. He was vice-president of the Brigadier Club and close friends with Bulldog coach Red Parker. My first Clemson game was in 1972 when my Citadel Bulldogs lost 0-13 to the Tigers. I left a disappointed Bulldog fan, but very impressed with my first trip to where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness. I listened to the remaining Clemson games that year on my grandfather's transistor radio from my seat in Johnson Hagood Stadium. When Clemson hired ol' Red at the end of the season, my transition to Clemson fan was complete.

I couldn't tell you

Wish I could. I'm sure it was sometime in the season of 1991. I moved here from Puerto Rico in 90, bUt I hung out with many sons and daughters of Clemson grads/fans. I will say I remember wearing an all orange Clemson sweat suit to school. Barely knew English, but I was well aware who the best team in this state was and still is..... GO TIGERS!!!

Aug 13, 2012, 9:04 PM

P.C. and Clemson, I think 1949. saw Clemson beat Miami 1951 15-14 on safety.rode the train home. uncle was usher at game. never recovered after the safety.big Miami fan.

first one in person was somebody at the citadel about 1966***

Aug 13, 2012, 9:04 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the first college game I remember is

Aug 13, 2012, 9:13 PM

Miami vs OSU for the MNC. All I remember is Miami getting robbed on a pass interference call in the end zone.

First NFL game was Green Bay vs Carolina in the 1996 NFC Championship Game

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic