Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
17 Days Till GT Game.....Is Watson Healthy Enough to Play?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

17 Days Till GT Game.....Is Watson Healthy Enough to Play?

Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 PM

I Say Yes, I Hope He Is Not Too Rusty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 17 Days Till GT Game.....Is Watson Healthy Enough to Play?

Oct 29, 2014, 1:22 PM

It looks like he will play against GT.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2014, 1:30 PM

Only his surgeon knows for sure

Oct 29, 2014, 3:08 PM

I DID NOT HEAR THIS, BUT I WAS TOLD BY A FAITHFUL LISTENER TO ALL TALK SHOWS ,THAT ONE OF THE HOST HAS ALREADY PREDICTED THAT DYE AND WATSON WILL NOT PLAY THIS YEAR.........TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.HMM

Oct 29, 2014, 3:10 PM

Thanks for the fun fact.....COOT!!!

Lets see-e....what it's worth.......hmmm....***

Oct 29, 2014, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: 17 Days Till GT Game.....Is Watson Healthy Enough to Play? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW Will Be Ready For Wake

Oct 29, 2014, 3:10 PM

watch and see

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

What worries me is the initial surgical report...

Oct 29, 2014, 3:30 PM

According to what I recall reading, DW had 4, count'em 4, screws put into his index finger. That sounds as if there were multiple breaks, perhaps even a bone shatter. Now I am not a surgeon, but this just seemed to be a lot nastier injury that Dabo, et al, have made it out to be.

Another concern...once they cut into his finger, the cut nerves will certainly result in a loss of feeling in that index finger. Will the loss of feeling on his index finger result in a loss of that beautiful touch we have seen when he throws those deep and down-and-out routes?

I hope none of this is true, but I do anticipate some physical and psychological adjustment will be necessary before DW gets back to 100%.

At the very minimum, I hope that Dabo and Th' Chad have drilled DW to not take anymore "going airborne" over and into defenders for the remainder of his Clemson career.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: What worries me is the initial surgical report...

Oct 29, 2014, 3:36 PM

This is a lot more helpful of a post than I thought I would see coming out of this thread.

I honestly believed there were only 2 screws in his finger before I read this. I am hoping (not unlike yourself) that DW will be up to the challenge of coming back from this SOON.

The part about lobbing balls into defenders made me chuckle. I always imagined when I saw him doing that kind of pass, in his head, he was thinking "KOBE!".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Oct 29, 2014, 3:53 PM

Please lords let him be healthy before Georgia Tech.

Oct 29, 2014, 6:19 PM

So you have multiple lord's?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to What worries me is the initial surgical report... ]

It's his index finger I don't think that can be considered a nasty injury. Most of the time a finger break is just wrapped and will heal in a mounth or two. I'm sure the screws were just to speed things up, that's all.

Oct 29, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to What worries me is the initial surgical report... ]

From what i read it was only a hairline fracture on a fast healing bone closer to the top of the hand (sounds like behind the knuckle on the index finger). Also another benefit from having screws is that they wont have to cut him back open to remove them like they would have had to do if pins were used. Glad to see that he is already going through rehab and working with a nerf football. I think we see him back sooner rather than later.

Oct 29, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to What worries me is the initial surgical report... ]

screws are normally used when the break is not in line (displaced) and needs to hold the bone in place. It does not mean there were multiple breaks or shattered. A clean, straight break or fracture (nondisplaced) would have just had a cast, probably removeable, or just taping the fingers together. They don't put screws in just to put screws in. If shattered, a plate and screws would have been put in the finger. Not sure how his was done, but a very small incision is made...very small, maybe an inch is the norm. This is done to avoid damaging soft tissue and nerves and ligaments. Four of these extremely small screws is not that many. Index breaks are the fastest to heal and the bone he broke is very small. Very doubtful that any nerves were cut

Nondisplaced break on this bone would have just

Oct 29, 2014, 9:32 PM

used a splint, and most likely he would be back for Wake or sooner.

Oct 29, 2014, 9:14 PM [ in reply to What worries me is the initial surgical report... ]

A shattered bone takes longer to heal than a break of the bone. Think about it like this...

Pencil fighting. Remember when you got a good hit on the pencil and it broke in half (clean bone break... If you took the 2 pieces & put it back together again and taped it you could still be used again & the taped area is actually stronger than before).

Now remember that other hit... The one where the pencil would splinter and crack but not completely break. (that's a shatter/fracture... The integrity of that area is done and can't be saved... You can fix it but those loose pieces have to be placed back right and fixed then the pencil can be mended like the break ).

Put it like this... I had 2 fractures in my tibia and my friend had broke his leg. His recovery and physical therapy was a month shorter than mine.

Trust me... If it was shattered... The first phase of recovery is rest... No using it at all for at least 30 days to let the cracked pieces fuse back together then the bone mends back together and now physical therapy. With a break all you have to do is stabilize the to broken pieces with a hard cast... Then they put a removable soft cast so you can do physical therapy.

The fact that they said he was throwing a ball already last week means it's not shattered.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 and a half weeks sounds a lot longer. Let's go with two

Oct 29, 2014, 5:23 PM

and a half weeks.

Re: 2 and a half weeks sounds a lot longer. Let's go with two

Oct 29, 2014, 5:29 PM

I talked to his uncle at the game. He said he might be back for wake but should definitely be back for gt.

Great. I never thought a tiny little bone could shut down

Oct 29, 2014, 10:50 PM

our entire offense.

17 Days = 80%

Oct 29, 2014, 5:31 PM

Which is fine, as long as 31 days = 110%

Oct 29, 2014, 8:10 PM

I was standing on the sidewalk behind the westzone when the buses pulled up for the tigerwalk on Sat. D Watson got off the bus and highfived my son and I and only had a band aid on the throwing hand. There was a small LED flashing near his thumb,(I'm thinking BIONIC)

Oct 29, 2014, 8:54 PM

Are we talking cyborg?

I haven't hear...

Oct 29, 2014, 9:16 PM

from GT on the request I filed to use a Nerf football in that game. We might be OK one way or the other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just be ready for Ga state to tune up for Coots

Oct 29, 2014, 10:46 PM

Don't care about anything else

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic