Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
15 Days to Slow the Spread!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

15 Days to Slow the Spread!

Aug 8, 2020, 4:24 PM

Now since essentially no one is dying it’s now well we don’t know the long term effects... when will it end

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong, right, and nobody knows...***

Aug 8, 2020, 4:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 15 Days to Slow the Spread!

Aug 8, 2020, 4:43 PM

WTH? Almost 2000 confirmed total deaths in SC as of today.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/dhec-releases-latest-information-on-covid-19-cases-deaths-in-sc/33553526

Aug 8, 2020, 5:59 PM

Umm yeah, you read that incorrectly. There were 67 deaths today.

Aug 8, 2020, 6:39 PM

cumulative total.
one thing about this crisis is people are learning how many people over the age of 80 die every day, year in and year out. Getting old is like a death sentence or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I do believe the goal posts keep moving.

Aug 8, 2020, 5:08 PM

Originally we were told 15 days, then 3 months to flatten the curve to where the hospitals could handle the cases.

Now it seems that we need to stay locked down till the virus is no longer spreading or till a vaccine is found.

Then it splits down to pure political sides, with blue states advocating total shut down and quarantine while red states try to open up the economy and get back to normal life.

Some experts insist masks are necessary while others say they are for psychological reasons only. Some countries shut down, others don't with nearly identical results.

People argue over the effectiveness of drug cocktails, with blue states banning them while red states promote the treatments.

The whole thing is beyond fishy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Play Ball..

Aug 8, 2020, 5:17 PM

Come on Man!

JoeB

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep its also amazing

Aug 8, 2020, 5:57 PM [ in reply to I do believe the goal posts keep moving. ]

how hydroxycholorquin seems to not be dangerous and works every were but here in the states...

everywhere*****

Aug 8, 2020, 5:57 PM

it's the humidity***

Aug 8, 2020, 6:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

has to be***

Aug 8, 2020, 6:53 PM

Re: I do believe the goal posts keep moving.

Aug 8, 2020, 6:09 PM [ in reply to I do believe the goal posts keep moving. ]

Well at least it’ll be easy to vote in November. You either want to be locked down and stuffed inside your house for unknown amount of time or you want to go back to being able to go shopping drinking dancing football games baseball games boating fishing and everything else.

Choice is simple. Orange man better than senile man

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 5:12 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Over 1400 Americans died yesterday from COVID. 250 South Carolinians died in the past week. Not sure where your info is coming from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 5:30 PM

Out of curiosity, did the NY Times prepare a similar graphic for March-April?

Aug 8, 2020, 6:22 PM

This updates every few hours so I guess they did.... I wouldn't know how to access it though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: 15 Days to Slow the Spread! ]

Is it just me or is that graphic pretty much spot on the Mississippi River north to south?

Aug 8, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: 15 Days to Slow the Spread! ]

So they say. I quit buying that bs a long time ago. At the rate that people are “dying” You’d think I’d know someone by now who has died.

Deaths in the 5 counties around Greenwood

Aug 8, 2020, 5:14 PM

Stood at 12 in the first four months but has jumped to over 70 in the past month. I would say that is significant in the wrong direction

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other news, all non-covid deaths are down this year***

Aug 8, 2020, 5:30 PM

Re: In other news, all non-covid deaths are down this year***

Aug 8, 2020, 5:37 PM

lmao are there any other deaths beside the kung flu. pretty sure no one ever got sick before march 2020

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys aren’t close to being funny

Aug 8, 2020, 7:09 PM

There have been close to 20 obituaries in the Greenwood paper the past 2 days & only 5 additional COVID deaths so y’all are dead wrong

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys aren’t close to being funny

Aug 8, 2020, 8:50 PM

200 new cases in this Tiny community Where I live.

Orly?

Aug 8, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to In other news, all non-covid deaths are down this year*** ]

https://public.tableau.com/views/COVID_excess_mort_withcauses_08052020/WeeklyExcessDeaths?:#####=y&:jsdebug=y&:toolbar=n&:tabs=n&:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In other news, all non-covid deaths are down this year***

Aug 8, 2020, 10:37 PM [ in reply to In other news, all non-covid deaths are down this year*** ]

Right!!! I was just thinking the same thing. Glad to see no one has passed in a car accident or better yet......heart disease just packed up and left the south. Thank God!

C’mon people! Wear your muzzle!!!***

Aug 8, 2020, 10:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic