Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
12 Things that had more impact on the loss than KBs ankle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

12 Things that had more impact on the loss than KBs ankle

Oct 16, 2017, 9:35 AM

1. Our Online getting whipped by Syracuse in pass pro. SYRACUSE!!
2. Our Dline getting handled by Syracuse
3. Our Secondary busting plays
4. Our Secondary getting beat by 3 and 8. Mainly 8
5. Third down defense and Third down penalties on D
6. Stupid penalties on both sides of the ball not due to being aggressive
7. Dropped balls on third down
8. Penalties that put us in Third and long
9. Inability to handle the Syracuse D line in the run game. THE SYRACUSE DLINE!!
10. Blitz pick up by the running backs
11. Spiers misread on the punt
12. Geno's Mom murdering the lot 1 football
13. Kelly Bryants tender ankle.

If we play a good team game. We should score more points in one half with a pocket passing QB than Cuse can score in two.

Dabos post game message was that "its starts with Coaching its on me"

Translation to the team - "I'm about to break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts."

I don't expect another loss until the CFB Playoff

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

POT last couple of days***

Oct 16, 2017, 9:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm still miffed by that fake punt

Oct 16, 2017, 9:45 AM

Dabo gave him the option but like he said he shouldn't have put Spiers in that spot. Punt it inside the 20 and Syracuse would have played a little more conservative. Give them the ball at the 40ish yard line and they were ready to be more aggressive in their playcalling. No matter we had our shot at 3rd and long and still couldn't get them off the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm still miffed by that fake punt

Oct 16, 2017, 9:54 AM

well if he did that was stupid. we had 12 to go. Bottle them up deep and get a turnover or good field position when they punt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm still miffed by that fake punt

Oct 16, 2017, 11:03 AM

That was my thinking...Spiers/our coverage team is capable of pinning them inside the 5 or 10 yd line. This would've provided less of a cushion then they ended up having when we botched the fake punt. All we needed was our D to have one last stop and put our offense out to win the game. I think if the D stopped them on a quick 3-and-out, our O might've been inspired to go on and win the game (kind of like thinking "Ok, the D did their job. Now it's our turn"). A Syracuse punt deep in their territory could've even setup Ray Ray to run one back.

However, at that point, our D was pretty gassed and frankly, uninspired so I'm not sure if they would've been able to force a quick 3-and-out. Ultimately, the botched fake punt took any wind out the sails.

Re: 12 Things that had more impact on the loss than KBs ankle

Oct 16, 2017, 10:30 AM

Kelly Bryant would have been better off and the team if he rested that game and let someone 100% play. I guess just stating the obvious.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what exactly did cooper show you during his 2 quarters

Oct 16, 2017, 10:46 AM

of play that suggests to you the offense would have been better off with him at the helm? And for that matter, keep in mind that Hunter Johnson is apparently not as good as Cooper is, as far as what he knows about the game plan, so I don't want to hear about how he should have been in there instead. If he was better than Cooper in practice, he'd be the number two guy. He isn't.

Re: what exactly did cooper show you during his 2 quarters

Oct 16, 2017, 11:37 AM

I would have not put Cooper in, Johnson has the accurate arm but with that said and overwith, Kelly Bryant is in the position he is in (concussion) because he was left in too long and could not protect himself, he was totally a sitting duck.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 12 Things that had more impact on the loss than KBs ankle

Oct 16, 2017, 10:41 AM

I think you are right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CLEMSAM

One more : Can't make simple field goals.

Oct 16, 2017, 10:50 AM

nm

I thought the D LINE played OK. The 4-2-5 D

Oct 16, 2017, 10:55 AM

We ran the whole game opened up their running game it seemed. We had Lamar on the bench most of the game. He's one of our best against the run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic