Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad things about winning 2 national championships in 3 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Bad things about winning 2 national championships in 3 years

Jan 26, 2019, 9:42 AM

1.) Sometimes when I try to play the 2018 Championship game on my DVR, I click on the 2016 one by accident instead (and vice versa). Frustrating.

2.) No more national championship t-shirt space left in my clothing drawers.

3.) Can't remove huge smile from my face. People in restaurants, stores, and other cars think I am insane.

4.) Worried that unprecedented power of the Paw brand will bring in so many 5 stars that we'll become as bad as Alabama.

5.) Confusing feelings of empathy for Dawg and Chicken fans (LOL--just kidding).

--I've got 99 problems, but the Tide ain't one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad things about winning 2 national championships in 3 years

Jan 26, 2019, 9:51 AM

For me, the one bad thing about winning 2 National Championships is I have run out of room in my
antique Colonial desk for my Championship caps, and Coca Cola Bottles, and I don't even have the 2018 bottles yet.

what about the folks who bought the 2016 car tags?

Jan 26, 2019, 10:04 AM

they'll have to lobby the DMV for an updated version.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what about the folks who bought the 2016 car tags?

Jan 26, 2019, 10:13 AM

That worked out ok for me. I had just bought a license plate frame rather than giving the DMV more $. The 2016 had faded out already on that frame, so the new one hit the market at the right time.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:20 AM

All true for me as well.

Coots, look on the bright side, these are all problems Tigers have to deal with on a daily basis that you will never have to worry about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 10:30 AM

It's going to make it difficult for old timers at the tailgate to all get on the same page when reminiscing. A few years ago we could all agree 1981 was a most special season and enjoy talking about it. Now 1981 will have to split conversation time with the more recent championships and you're going to have some of the older guys confusing things from 2016 with 2018. I fear the conversation for older people at tailgates is just going to be total chaos now. Hopefully we'll just nod at each other and smile as we reminisce together, even if we're all confused.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:42 AM

Just think how close we were to winning 3 out of the last 4 NC..... Can you imagine..... ?

Jan 26, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad things about winning 2 national championships in 3 years ]

Here, Here. Don’t be so sure we old folk are confused. Most of us can recite big moments in Tiger football for more years that you young whipper snappers have been alive.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That it wasn't 3 in 3?

Jan 26, 2019, 10:34 AM

That's about the only problem I see...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 11:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKWch_MNY0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 11:41 AM

I’m not looking forward to the Bandwagon fans that come with championship winning teams, that float in the winning winds. Most of the time these are the loudest fans that are an embarrassment to the fan base imo.

Re: not looking forward to the Bandwagon fans

Jan 27, 2019, 9:07 PM

Totally agree with you on this one!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic