Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Favorite Clemson FB Player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

My Favorite Clemson FB Player

Jan 6, 2021, 11:08 AM

I love our program, it’s culture, what it produces on and off the field, what it represents. It used to be a lot easier to pick a favorite, but now we have so many incredible players, so many incredible young men, that I don’t even feel the need to try and narrow it down. Here’s to another class off great young men, some who were better than others on the field, but a brotherhood of Tigers who step away from Tigertown to build their own legacies. From TL16 and ETN to our walkons, congratulations and go chase your dreams young men!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love this class but my fav player ever was Woodrow Dantzler.

Jan 6, 2021, 11:43 AM

That dude could run, throw, block, and was one of the most electrifying QBs to watch. Every play you knew he was capable of taking it to the house. And he often did!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Charlie Whitehurst

Jan 6, 2021, 11:50 AM

4-0 against UofSuC

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: My Favorite Clemson FB Player

Jan 6, 2021, 11:51 AM

C.J. Idon't think I had ever seen so much speed in my life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christian Wilkins and it’s not even close.

Jan 6, 2021, 11:53 AM

With Hunter Renfrow as a close second.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

??? "...not even close" ... yet, "a close second"?***

Jan 6, 2021, 12:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: ??? "...not even close" ... yet, "a close second"?***

Jan 6, 2021, 2:01 PM

Yes, I had the confuse too. Reverse the order for me and it is indeed close. Hunter slightly > Christian.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 12:09 PM

Rodney Williams.

Junkyard Dawg

Jan 6, 2021, 12:15 PM

Ben Boulware by a mile. His attitude and intensity epitomizes what it means to be a Tiger!

Jan 6, 2021, 12:16 PM

I have to say ETN because he is the first running back to remind me of Walter Payton since.....Walter Payton. He runs with passion and heart and he is not afraid to lower his shoulder and Bury some fools!!!!!

Gaines Adams

Jan 6, 2021, 12:18 PM

Man! Wish I could go back in time and sit in the valley and watch him play again.

Don't forget Sammy Watkins!!***

Jan 6, 2021, 12:19 PM

Terry Kinard - our best DB ever!!!***

Jan 6, 2021, 12:20 PM

Banks McFadden***

Jan 6, 2021, 12:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Roscoe Crosby with Will Proctor a close 2nd

Jan 6, 2021, 12:40 PM

Honorable Mention goes to Mike Bellamy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Roscoe Crosby with Will Proctor a close 2nd

Jan 6, 2021, 12:53 PM

Don't forget Chad Kelly.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Although Chad is a Clemson alum and thus a real and true

Jan 6, 2021, 1:08 PM

fan, he's not one of my favorite players.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Although Chad is a Clemson alum and thus a real and true

Jan 6, 2021, 1:25 PM

It just seemed he was next in the progression, but I get it.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Since when is that clown a Clemson alum???***

Jan 6, 2021, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Although Chad is a Clemson alum and thus a real and true ]

Since the day he attended a class at Clemson. Hth***

Jan 6, 2021, 2:45 PM

I don’t think you know what constitutes an alumnus.***

Jan 6, 2021, 10:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

DW4***

Jan 6, 2021, 12:49 PM

--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 6, 2021, 12:55 PM

Fridge was a joy to watch (like Christian), and was just a freakish athlete - especially for his time

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grady Jarrett

Jan 6, 2021, 1:11 PM

Never the superstar/headliner, but always 1000% effort...and look how that has paid off for him!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 1:26 PM

Showing my age, but Mike Eppley was always one of my favorites....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 7:37 AM

My only complaint with Mike was how he would always do so well on tests that the rest of us didn't benefit from grades needing to be curved!!

Garry Peters***

Jan 6, 2021, 1:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

A true Tiger Board(s) legend***

Jan 6, 2021, 1:43 PM

Is he out?***

Jan 6, 2021, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Garry Peters*** ]

It's so hard to say***

Jan 6, 2021, 3:01 PM

Woody Dantzler

Jan 6, 2021, 1:42 PM

Woody was a great athlete and never received the credit due him as a passer. He was also almost impossible to bring down in the open field due to his speed, power, and balance.

I believe that it was the 1999 game at Wake (perhaps the 2000 game) when Woody was asked to start in place of Brandon Streeter. Streeter dressed out but had a sore shoulder from the previous game. Wake quickly learned to key off of Woody dropping back to pass and then trying a quarterback draw. They shut that down and I believe we only scored 3 points in the first half. The second have began with our offense huddled on the field. I noticed that Streeter had his helmet on and ran onto the field. I also noticed Woody standing with the rest of the offense on the sideline and pumping both hands in the air and yelling encouragement. A true Tiger in every sense. We have been blessed to watch and pull for many true Tigers!!!

Travis Etienne

Jan 6, 2021, 1:48 PM

Racked up records almost effortlessly. Was always so humble. Gonna miss #9

Re: Travis Etienne

Jan 6, 2021, 3:12 PM

Bennie Cunningham. What our offense could do with a player who could block, and run and catch passes at 6ft 5inches and 250lbs. Had track speed.

Re: Travis Etienne

Jan 7, 2021, 11:18 AM

Bennie was AMAZING - no one has even come close to him since at that position

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 3:08 PM

ETN, was truly a record breaking back for us; however he never mastered the art of blocking for his qb. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 3:18 PM

I don’t have a favorite, but I think Brandon Streeter deserves honorable mention. That guy had no OL protection and used to take a wicked beating, yet he’s still with us, helping us win.

Spencer Region

Jan 6, 2021, 3:34 PM

Broke my heart when he left the program

How did we get to page three of this thread and no DW4?!!!***

Jan 6, 2021, 3:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: How did we get to page three of this thread and no DW4?!!!***

Jan 6, 2021, 5:14 PM

I picked DW4 above.

--Henry David Thoreau

I like all the repsonses thus far, but my favorites tend to

Jan 6, 2021, 3:44 PM

be some of the linebackers. Kirkland, Sheppard, Simmons (Wayne and Isaiah), Adams, Boulware, Shuey, Anthony, O'Daniel, Joseph, and the like. Also liked Raymond Priester running over folks......

Jan 6, 2021, 3:49 PM

Wow, tough question to come up with a single definitive answer but here's my picks.

Stacey Driver, Anthony Parete & Mike Eppley from the 80's teams. Stacey and Anthony were friends.

Current group would start with Ben Boulware and in no particular order, Hunter, ETN and Wilkins. So much joy and passion in those four.

Deshaun Hunter Watson Renfrow. Those two will always be

Jan 6, 2021, 5:18 PM

entertwined as my favorite Clemson players, until someone else can come along and create an even more Legendary Moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

William Perry, The FRIDGE! #66!!***

Jan 6, 2021, 5:25 PM

Jan 6, 2021, 7:31 PM

Guess you can tell by name, but believe spiller was one of greatest players ever. He should’ve been a Heisman, but Clemson was a shell of what they are now. Also Keith Adams was a dynamic sack machine, just bad timing. Love all the guys over last 6 years. It’s been amazing, but I do believe CJ played a huge role in the turnaround and notoriety for Dabo convincing him to come. Go tigers!

Mark my words Phil Mafah will be a star.

Jan 6, 2021, 7:33 PM

Grady Jarrett

Parnell Burnside - no debate***

Jan 6, 2021, 8:33 PM

nm

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tracy Johnson- the Human First Down

Jan 6, 2021, 10:02 PM

When Danny needed a couple of tough yards, Tracy got the ball.
I honestly don’t think he ever lost yards on a carry.

We have had so many lately . . .

Jan 6, 2021, 10:19 PM

But my heart still drifts back to Jeff and Joe Bostic parting the defensive lines . . . and back a bit more to Buddy Gore

Those are the names that drew me in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 10:43 PM

DW4 How many folks have said Let’s be legendary and then they were?

Let's not forget Fletcher Anderson

Jan 6, 2021, 10:44 PM

He scored point 63 against the coots.

Chansi Stuckey scored the last touchdown but Fletcher kicked the extra point.

AAron Hunt was slap tired after kicking so many extra points.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/63-17-It-Was-An-Empty-Bleachers-Kind-of-Game-15369

Jan 7, 2021, 10:26 AM

Mine is Etienne. Sad to see him go but looking forward to him having a healthy and successful NFL career

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy, CJ, Renfro***

Jan 7, 2021, 11:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 12:01 PM

Banks McFadden

DW4, Christian, The Fridge, Jeff Davis

Jan 7, 2021, 1:02 PM

All class acts - all won natl championships

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic