Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey ignorant Syracuse fans...this is why Clemson "boo-ed"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Hey ignorant Syracuse fans...this is why Clemson "boo-ed"

Oct 26, 2014, 12:26 PM

While there may have been "some" legit player injuries sometimes it's hard to tell. Depending on the acting skills it isn't always obvious but I can tell you that Clemson is sick of the unsportsman like conduct from players and teams who employ fake injury schemes to take away our momentum. Refer to the video below that demonstrates what we've experienced the last several years. If you want to get your panties in a wad over a legit injury lets just say you got the wrath of Clemson fans when you didn't deserve it and you're being punished for the tactics of other unsportsman teams we've faced. While I'm not condoning this fan behavior it is reasonable to understand where we are coming from. IMHO, fake injuries are a million times more offensive than fans booing. Did we really hurt your self esteem and feeling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGkWrBTbKI

p.s. Shame on you ignorant Syracuse "football fans" who thought we "rushed the field". Our fans meet the team at the 50 yard line at the end of the game win or lose for the singing of the Alma mater. Real football fans knowledgeable about some of the greatest traditions in college football would have known that. Oh well....you'll always have basketball.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is an excuse we used. If there is no evidence

Oct 26, 2014, 12:27 PM

a player is faking, the right thing to do is to applaud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you want to hold up the game and put a couple of....

Oct 26, 2014, 12:31 PM

...lawyers down on the field before play continues. We've seen enough evidence in the past. Use your common sense. Clemson fans aren't booing for the #### of it...we have reason and reason to suspect.

I take it you have no evidence.***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:32 PM

I take it you have no evidence they really were injured?

Oct 26, 2014, 12:33 PM

It goes both ways if you want to have a silly lawyer debate.

It goes one way. Do we have class, or not.***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:35 PM

Like I said...I don't condone it. I understand it.

Oct 26, 2014, 12:38 PM

I didn't go to the game but watched on TV. The announcers made it clear why the Clemson fans were booing...Because of tactics used to kill our tempo.

I know you are smart enough to know Clemson fans were not booing injured players....they were booing tactics. Are you upset we "boo-ed tactics"? Probably not because in your mind you think we boo-ed injured players.

I'm smart enough to know we acted like classless dolts, and

Oct 26, 2014, 12:48 PM

I, for one, am ashamed.

Re: I'm smart enough to know we acted like classless dolts, and

Oct 26, 2014, 2:12 PM

Cdef, that is fine for you to feel ashamed or whatever feeling you want to have. Can you help me understand why most, let me repeat, most injuries on the opposing team occur when we are driving the ball down field with gusto and success? Don't injuries happen at other times in the game? One way to help prevent these types of things is to restrict the player from returning to the field for "some period of time or plays." I am all for taking the time necessary to deal with legit injuries but returning to the game on the next play is somewhat questionable and should be dealt with by those in charge.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm smart enough to know we acted like classless dolts, and

Oct 26, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to I'm smart enough to know we acted like classless dolts, and ]

I'd like a booth review on that title statement. Just saying.

Re: You are correct.

Oct 26, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Like I said...I don't condone it. I understand it. ]

Evidence to me would be if a guy is back on the field after missing only one play. That's why an injured player should not return during the series he was injured on. That way he can be properly checked and cared for if injured, and there is a consequence if he is faking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cramps won't keep you out. Same for

Oct 26, 2014, 12:53 PM

getting 'the wind' knocked out of you.

They'll keep you out for longer than one play***

Oct 26, 2014, 1:01 PM

What if they are menstrual?***

Oct 26, 2014, 1:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: What if they are menstrual?***

Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 PM

then you stay in the game...those things will make you meaner than a snake. Isn't that what d players are suppose to be like?

:)

They can get advice from this guy ...

Oct 27, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to What if they are menstrual?*** ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2FkUF41AA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Cramps won't keep you out. Same for

Oct 26, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Cramps won't keep you out. Same for ]

I disagree. I have had both when I played football and I can assure you that I was not ready to return to the field after only one play. All players have injuries, some major, some minor, and we need to be on the side of caution, and while we are on the side of caution, let's protect the player and restrict his play for "some period of time or plays." We are all concerned about the players safety, aren't we?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've also had both and coached for many years.

Oct 26, 2014, 3:24 PM

Many times the player was ready to go and only left the field for 1 play because it was required.

Regardless, the booing was classless. Period.

Why can't you understand that it's not worth booing every

Oct 26, 2014, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Like I said...I don't condone it. I understand it. ]

time on the off chance that once in a million it's a legitimate injury? Just not cool to boo there. I don't care what the guy in the upper deck thinks he "KNOWS!!!" about the motives of a player on the field. It's dumb and classless. If teams are going to lower themselves to that level, lets put together the evidence that we have and present it to the league.

'cuse was flopping. Time after time.

Oct 26, 2014, 1:34 PM [ in reply to It goes one way. Do we have class, or not.*** ]

That's what the boos were about, and everyone in the stadium knew it - especially our players.

If you couldn't tell the 'cuse was repeatedly flopping, and that was the obvious reason for the boos...

Get some glasses... and try to keep up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So players have to prove they are injured to avoid boos?

Oct 26, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to I take it you have no evidence they really were injured? ]

That makes us sound awful.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not the one that brought up the argument about...

Oct 26, 2014, 12:57 PM

..."where's the proof". I simply believe Clemson fans were booing "tactics" not "player". Just like some people believed "we rushed the field" there is simply nothing to can do about what people believe. It doesn't make logical sense why anyone would boo an injured player but makes all the sense in the world why someone would want to boo unsportsman like tactics.

When, every time Clemson got on a roll, and looked like we

Oct 26, 2014, 1:36 PM

were about to put one in the endzone, a Cuse player came up lame..........I don't recall any of their players coming up lame,when we weren't on a roll..........

Re: So players have to prove they are injured to avoid boos?

Oct 26, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to So players have to prove they are injured to avoid boos? ]

Tell me why it seems to always occur when we are successfully driving the ball down the field to a possible score? If a player is really hurt, then the coaches have a responsibility to protect the player and not allow him back on the field for "some period of time or plays." Returning on the next play is absurd and not in the true spirit of the rules or fairness!!

Re: I take it you have no evidence.***

Oct 26, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to I take it you have no evidence.*** ]

Yes the game film of the preceding play is all the evidence you need

how many cramps have you seen in the 1st half of a game

Oct 26, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to I take it you have no evidence.*** ]

for one team only, at night in late October when the temperature is around 60 degrees?

Not sure I have ever seen one. Until last night, where I saw several.

Maybe they were legit, but it sure appeared suspect.

for the record, I was at the game, and did not boo. But I sure wondered aloud about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is an excuse we used. If there is no evidence***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to That is an excuse we used. If there is no evidence ]

Re: Proof? The fact that we've seen this

Oct 26, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to That is an excuse we used. If there is no evidence ]

repeatedly starting just a few years ago? I don't care for it either, but what was happening was obvious. Even the officials were laughing about it late in the game.

The fact is we have a team that's been decimated by real injuries. They have a team full of guys that fake injuries to gain an advantage. Pathetic.

LOL! "And Jameis Winston is down, looks like both his legs

Oct 26, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to That is an excuse we used. If there is no evidence ]

were horribly mangled in that tackle. Fans are applauding. Fans are giving him a standing ovation. Wait....I'm not sure they're applauding because they appreciate his athleticism."

Re: Hey ignorant Syracuse fans...this is why Clemson "boo-ed"

Oct 26, 2014, 12:27 PM

Bert: Loved your post and agree all the way! scr.. them!

Oct 26, 2014, 12:30 PM

So why don't you post on their board. Or have you?

I haven't but feel free to post my rant if you like.

Oct 26, 2014, 12:32 PM

Besides...I don't speak nor can I write canadian.

We beat them in basketball too...lol lol I was part

Oct 26, 2014, 12:42 PM

of the reason harassing the players and getting in their ear during timeout.

Oct 26, 2014, 2:49 PM

Booing is ignorance. You're mad because players aren't really hurt. No, they didn't blow out their knee, but throughout the course of a normal game there are many times when players slowly limp off the field, and are replaced.

If a team is huddling this probably isn't even noticed. When someone is trying to run a play every 5 seconds, the only recourse the defense has is to fall down. Otherwise the guy hobbling off could cost his team a penalty.

In all of saban's bellyaching, it is the one valid point he has. Players who are slightly dinged normally are able to come off the field. If a team is playing as fast as possible, this isn't possible unless they fall down.

Booing doesn't show you are knowledgable, it shows the opposite.

oh, come on now....

Oct 26, 2014, 3:58 PM

it was the grass....not used to playing on the real stuff and the cool fresh air was messing with their lung capacity. They are so use to that fake stuff and the hot dome they play in, their bodies could not adjust. You try playing a a hot dome week after week and then try to play in some crisp mountain air and you just may go down, too. I am surprised they do not all have the sniffles today from such fresh cool air.

If just one time a fallen Syracuse player was faking it

Oct 27, 2014, 11:33 AM

then they deserve all the wrath of the Clemson boo's. The planned faked injuries by Syracuse coaches and players is classless and IS CHEATING AND UNSPORTSMAN.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic