Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney details extent of DJ Uiagalelei playing through injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney details extent of DJ Uiagalelei playing through injury

Nov 9, 2020, 8:54 PM

Swinney details extent of DJ Uiagalelei playing through injury

Clemson freshman quarterback DJ Uiagalelei missed the game at Georgia Tech last month with a shoulder injury -- and Clemson coach Dabo Swinney revealed Monday n Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney details extent of DJ Uiagalelei playing through injury

Nov 9, 2020, 8:58 PM

Wow.

The bored trolls ain’t gonna like this... Sorry, ND. Not a good look for the rematch, lol!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 9:07 PM

Well he must have read how I feel about securing the win, but I do know that if DJ could throw a pass towards the side lines to ETN, he could have thrown a pass 10 yards down field to a TE or a WR to get us a badly needed 1st down!!! No excuse covers that plus, we have Phommachanh that can run as well as any other QB we have, and he can throw the ball. As Dabo has always said, next man up when someone is injured, so where what injuries were affecting Phommachanh!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 11:23 PM

believe he hurt one of his hands in one of the earlier games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

5 for 17 for 17 yards, no TD’s one INT

Nov 10, 2020, 4:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney details extent of DJ Uiagalelei playing through injury ]

He better be able to run

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney details extent of DJ Uiagalelei playing through injury ]

Taisun (so) has a broken bone in his left hand and I believe had to have some surgery to repair it about 2 weeks ago.

Nov 10, 2020, 5:59 PM

But it was in his throwing hand, was it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney details extent of DJ Uiagalelei playing through injury ]

Taisun (so) has a broken bone in his left hand and I believe had to have some surgery to repair it about 2 weeks ago.

So essentially, we got him hurt running QB power early in

Nov 9, 2020, 8:59 PM

the season because that's the best way our staff could think of to get him in the gameplan...To use him as a short yardage back...And now that we actually NEED him, we are having to tiptoe with him...Because we used him as a FB in the Miami game

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So essentially, we got him hurt running QB power early in

Nov 9, 2020, 9:01 PM

why don't you apply to the athletic dept? I'm sure Dabo could use your insight as one of the coaches

What did I say that was not accurate?***

Nov 9, 2020, 9:57 PM

Where did you coach at???

Nov 9, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to So essentially, we got him hurt running QB power early in ]

Nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did I say that was not accurate?***

Nov 9, 2020, 10:18 PM

Re: What did I say that was not accurate?***

Nov 9, 2020, 10:53 PM

Nothing.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:05 PM

We should all have such a hurt should. Seriously you could see on of those little round bruises on his arm for that suction rehab thing they do. Though maybe that may not be the injury Dabo referencs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 9:12 PM

If he could have made his two game yardage total 810 yards, he would have won the ND game but, another 10 yard pass play may have have caused him to be unavailable if Trevor isn't ready for the FSU game!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

A different take

Nov 9, 2020, 9:22 PM

I think the shoulder injury will help DJ during his career at Clemson because he will always be cognizant college defenders cannot be bulldozed like HS players.

From that injury forward, DJ became fully aware he is not invincible and has no business putting his head down trying to power through for extra yardage.

That said, I'm very sorry if this injury kept us from closing out the ND game. Just looking at the bright side.

‘splains a bunch . . . don’t it?!!!

Nov 9, 2020, 10:04 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ‘splains a bunch . . . don’t it?!!!

Nov 10, 2020, 6:41 AM

I think, I don't for sure, well maybe!!! :)

Nov 9, 2020, 10:24 PM

I have a question: Who is healthy? Don’t remember having so many bad breaks & all at the same time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is healthy?

Nov 9, 2020, 11:49 PM

Ian Book

How far back does this mean Taisun is - if DJ is hurt

Nov 9, 2020, 10:35 PM

how far back must we assume Taisun is to not get some playing time ?

null

Re: How far back does this mean Taisun is - if DJ is hurt

Nov 10, 2020, 10:49 AM

Broken bone in his hand surgery to repair it. Just maybe that is why?

thx - I didn't know or remember if it needed

Nov 10, 2020, 6:28 PM

surgery .....

that would take some time to heal for sure

null

*****MAYBE NOT TELL THE WHOLE WORLD****

Nov 9, 2020, 10:46 PM

Now if he plays, someone will go after it. Might as well paint a bullseye on it.Crap!!

Re: *****MAYBE NOT TELL THE WHOLE WORLD****

Nov 10, 2020, 1:05 PM

Didn't take a genius to figure out he was going to run.

I guess this explains some of his hesitation.......

Nov 9, 2020, 11:26 PM

Maybe he was not slow off the line....maybe he was unsure if he should really be running the ball in order to protect himself. Also, maybe explains some of the high throws.

All I have to say is that DJ is the real deal and I am glad he is ours for a couple more years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess this explains some of his hesitation.......

Nov 10, 2020, 6:39 AM

Ab So lutely!!!;)

Nov 10, 2020, 1:04 PM

Bottom line, against a good team, our offensive line is not good enough to produce any rushing yards with the threat of a QB run. If Trevor has to be out again for any reason and DJ is not healthy play Taisun some or put a tight end in the back field and let Travis run the wildcat.

Nov 10, 2020, 1:53 PM

The thirty yard run against BC was a very big play in that game and he had the same sore shoulder. I realize ND is different from the Eagles but a couple of four or five yard runs would have sealed this game ... provided someone was wise enough to let the clock run!

Nov 10, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney details extent of DJ Uiagalelei playing through injury ]

Yes sir, and I think that Phommachanh is probably our strongest running QB, and he has a good enough arm to throw the ball down field if was to see a wide open TE or WR that wouldn't risk an Int!!! Our Tiger team has a lot of options that could get 10 yards with 1st, 2nd, and 3d down to try. But it's nearly impossible if it wasn't never in the plans to get a 1st down that would allow enough of plays to run the playing clock down. ND's chances to score with only 15-20 seconds left on the game clock would have been nearly impossible bc of the added pressure of not enough time!!!!

Nov 10, 2020, 10:23 PM

Yeah, after 1st down on our last possession they called timeout. We get a holding call (which can happen no matter the play call) and we're unable to run more clock. We then make the mistake of going out of bounds. They had three timeouts at the start of our last possession and if we didn't get a first down they would have just used all their timeouts and gotten the ball back with a similar amount of time on the clock. When Turner got hurt, they went down the field like a knife through butter. Super proud of our guys effort though on the last drive and in overtime. Sometimes you just lose. Luckily for us, our staff has built us to the point that it takes having half the starting defense out with injuries to lose regular season game. Enjoy the ride. We'll take ND down in Charlotte when we get healthy!

Nov 10, 2020, 9:25 PM

Noticed only one deep ball and expected DJ was still hurt. ND jammed the line the entire game, but DJ gave them all they wanted ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic